8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 130 ) at Kansas City ( -140 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -106 ) at Milwaukee ( -104 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Miami ( 103 ) at St. Louis ( -113 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : San Diego ( -220 ) at Colorado ( 200 ) —- T: 11
    9:40 PM EST : LA Angels ( 116 ) at Oakland ( -126 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:45 PM EST : Arizona ( 180 ) at SF Giants ( -192 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 161 ) at LA Dodgers ( -176 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -109 ) at Seattle ( 101 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Looking at Roth’s weather forecast made me look straight to BALCLE for pitching. Then I see Matt Harvey vs. Cal Quantrill.

Holy Resistible Force vs. Moveable Object, Batman!
    ~

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@ifthethunder said...

Looking at Roth’s weather forecast made me look straight to BALCLE for pitching. Then I see Matt Harvey vs. Cal Quantrill.

Holy Resistible Force vs. Moveable Object, Batman!
    ~

The crazy thing is, there’s probably about 6 pitchers on this slate just as bad or worse than those 2.

What an ugly slate for pitching.

There’s only about 9 pitchers I’m considering, and my confidence level isn’t very high on those 9. Strange that if I had to pick 2 pitchers to have the most confidence in, one is pitching in Coors, the other is the 20th most expensive pitcher on the slate on DK. The bonus 3rd arm isn’t even starting.

• ifthethunder

I have Yu Darvish, too. The others: Trevor Rogers and both sides of LAAOAK. (One of them will get the W, Shirley?)
    ~

• CJtheGrump

I’ve had this working theory about Coors. There’s enough historical data to decide whether I’m just tilting or there’s something to this, so maybe if I find the time, I’ll go on Baseball Reference and download some stats to test this observation.

My thought: The first game of a series at Coors for any team is a stay-away. I feel like, especially with teams that already have contact issues, that it’s easy to get overhyped and carried away from a DFS perspective. I’ve had this notion in the back of my mind for a while, but when push comes to shove, I never commit to it. But then I do the hindsight thing like last night. “If I didn’t have 3 5-man San Diego stacks in that 3-max, maybe I’d have done OK” .

I don’t mind going right back to the well tonight though.

For Darvish – does his arsenal suit Coors? If I’m remembering right, breaking stuff is muted and effectively just becomes “offspeed”. Pitchers who can locate and keep hitters off balance will do better than pitchers who rely on a breaking ball as an out pitch. I’d guess Darvish is experienced enough to be just fine.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@CJtheGrump said...

I’ve had this working theory about Coors. There’s enough historical data to decide whether I’m just tilting or there’s something to this, so maybe if I find the time, I’ll go on Baseball Reference and download some stats to test this observation.

My thought: The first game of a series at Coors for any team is a stay-away. I feel like, especially with teams that already have contact issues, that it’s easy to get overhyped and carried away from a DFS perspective. I’ve had this notion in the back of my mind for a while, but when push comes to shove, I never commit to it. But then I do the hindsight thing like last night. “If I didn’t have 3 5-man San Diego stacks in that 3-max, maybe I’d have done OK” .

I don’t mind going right back to the well tonight though.

For Darvish – does his arsenal suit Coors? If I’m remembering right, breaking stuff is muted and effectively just becomes “offspeed”. Pitchers who can locate and keep hitters off balance will do better than pitchers who rely on a breaking ball as an out pitch. I’d guess Darvish is experienced enough to be just fine.

You are spot on about game 1 of a series when the Rockies have been traveling. They and the opponent often underperform.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

The crazy thing is, there’s probably about 6 pitchers on this slate just as bad or worse than those 2.

What an ugly slate for pitching.

There’s only about 9 pitchers I’m considering, and my confidence level isn’t very high on those 9. Strange that if I had to pick 2 pitchers to have the most confidence in, one is pitching in Coors, the other is the 20th most expensive pitcher on the slate on DK. The bonus 3rd arm isn’t even starting.

I wonder which pitcher I am going to injure tonigh… DeGrom, Bieber, Glasnow…. Pretty good streak

• Codyveo

Was pretty big on a Giants stack tonight, now the D Backs are pivoting to lefty thrower Young, hmmmmmmmm

• Pandamonious

@Unico10 said...

I wonder which pitcher I am going to injure tonigh… DeGrom, Bieber, Glasnow…. Pretty good streak

Make sure we know before first pitch! I would prefer you choose Minor though.

A lot of guys who can go sideways tonight.

By the way, I was referring to Darvish (obviously), Mize, and Sammy Long, who looks pretty intriguing.

• ifthethunder

I think I first played Jonathan India when he was under 3,000. Kept up with it until he got more expensive. I guess he was still worth it, though!
    ~

• yisman

Looks like my volume on DK about to go way down. I can’t play contests under 5 dollars now.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

and Sammy Long, who looks pretty intriguing.

Long and Mike Minor are interesting hedge life options for me. If I want to make more lineups.

P.S. I meant Casey Mize , not Long. Doh!

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Mize, and Sammy Long, who looks pretty intriguing.

I agree but 6200 for 4 innings is not that cheap

• SkateFiend

With the MLB officially cracking down on foreign substances, we could expect an uptick in offense pretty soon. The Angels are one of the hottest hitting teams right now, which tells me the cheaters have already straightened up.

Yes, the mlb has problem with cheating, and DFS players who deal with stats constantly can notice it. Look at the league’s batting average, it’s atrocious. Some of that has to do with the launch happy approach, but that doesn’t explain players failing to produce anything consistently.

• yisman

@SkateFiend said...

With the MLB officially cracking down on foreign substances, we could expect an uptick in offense pretty soon. The Angels are one of the hottest hitting teams right now, which tells me the cheaters have already straightened up.

Yes, the mlb has problem with cheating, and DFS players who deal with stats constantly can notice it. Look at the league’s batting average, it’s atrocious. Some of that has to do with the launch happy approach, but that doesn’t explain players failing to produce anything consistently.

Also, it’s getting hotter as we hit the summer.

I was reading an article that there’s only been one guy punished for this sticky scandal.

Clubhouse guy was scapegoated:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/06/14/sticky-stuff-bubba-harkins-speaking-out-daily-cover

Not surprisingly, he provided the substances for many of the top arms in the game.

This reminds me of ‘deflate gate’ when the Patriots blamed a “locker room attendant” for taking the footballs into a bathroom, IIRC.

As if these low level guys do anything of that importance on their own.

• Pandamonious

@Unico10 said...

I agree but 6200 for 4 innings is not that cheap

True. My hope would be they’re stretching him out a bit, and maybe gets up to 80 pitchers, 5 innings kind of thing. Plus, Giants SHOULD win, and he’d be the pitcher of record most likely. Considering the slate and our options, I think he’s worth the risk.

• Getty33

@SkateFiend said...

Charlie Blackmon was vocal about it a few weeks ago. Said “It’s hard not to strike out when the ball keeps doing things I’ve never seen before.”

• falcor

RG Overall Ranking

What about a Pit stack?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@falcor said...

What about a Pit stack?

I am playing a few but not a full stack… would play a full stack if there was pitching to pay up for but Stallings and Reynolds especially look good

ATL is a sneaky stack… ERod isn’t that good

• yisman

DK:

lineuphq liked Castillo/Corbin pairing

stlcards liked Heaney/Minor pairing

Carty liked these four

Long, Corbin, Happ, Montas (unsure about Montas, will have to check the video)

edit: it was Kim, not Montas. Tuttle liked Montas.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Corbin 20% owned

Maybe today is the day he remembered how to pitch? I have zero

Went with 3 Montas, 2 Heaney, 2 Long, 1 Urias, 1 Kim and 1 Minor across 5 lineups

Not much conviction on the pitching

Have 2 Padres primary stacks, 1 secondary, BAL, CLE, ATL and a few PIT, Aquino, Twins, Mariners filling in

• TheWeeIceMan

I fell for the Davidson play.

• jayzee666

Well, I owe a huge apology to the Braves pitcher in the turbo contests!
    Good to be done early.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

All the guys I looked at, considered and didn’t roster starting hot…. Not a promising start of the slate
    Gomes, Renfroe, Franco…

• ifthethunder

@Unico10 said...

All the guys I looked at, considered and didn’t roster starting hot…. Not a promising start of the slate
    Gomes, Renfroe, Franco…

I was asking myself: “How in hell is Yan Gomes priced at 5K?”

I guess the HALgorithm knew. And he’s about 1% owned. Rafael Devers is 2.3% owned (in the contest I’m following). Of course people have both of them.
    ~

Nightmare start.. my guys do nothing, as per usual. Expected Mullins-Mania.. Vladdy, Acuna. But Have my 5-Man S D stack.. gotta BOMB Gonzo!!! & Long-Fever.. hope he can go 5 or 6 inngs. Also Fraley-Fever from the 2 hole. In for two $18s today.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).