7:35 PM EST : Miami ( -102 ) at Atlanta ( -106 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -138 ) at Texas ( 127 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( 102 ) at Houston ( -110 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -160 ) at Minnesota ( 147 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 143 ) at Milwaukee ( -155 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -103 ) at Colorado ( -105 ) —- T: 11
    9:35 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -139 ) at Oakland ( 128 ) —- T: 8
    10:07 PM EST : Kansas City ( 110 ) at LA Angels ( -119 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• walkoff9

Newcomb and manaea look like steals for those prices.

• Njsum1

@walkoff9 said...

Newcomb and manaea look like steals for those prices.

Both are worth using, yet neither is guaranteed to do well in these matchups. I’ll have exposure to both with the understanding that they are both about 50/50 shots of giving you a good outing. Upside is there, yet so is downside.

• mattyice522

I thought baseball was the most popular DFS sport? But these MLB threads are pretty dead. sup with that?

• KindGuy

@mattyice522 said...

I thought baseball was the most popular DFS sport? But these MLB threads are pretty dead. sup with that?

Forreal: I’m looking at the golf thread and there’s a post every minute lmao.

Just another reason why NBA can’t come soon enough!

• mattyice522

@elementasrat said...

Forreal: I’m looking at the golf thread and there’s a post every minute lmao.

Just another reason why NBA can’t come soon enough!

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Just as I start to figure out MLB too lol

• Danielv22

Lots of pitching value.. manea newcomb pomeranz biagini….

• JinAkutsu

Good value at SP, lets you stack up on bats. Thank god for Thames’ heroics last night, he won me a $150 tourney.

• mabrla

TBH there isn’t a lot of good discussion to be had in here.

Baseball is such a taxing grind that after putting in hours of research a lot of people don’t want to come on here and give out their information when anyone googling MLB DFS FORUM will be directed here and get their plays.

The touts get paid to tout. I’m not digging deep into data so a random guy can just plug my play in lol.

• Danielv22

15 game main slate means seriously high scores will win GPPs. Raw points is going to be key. You can pay up for pitcher of course but that’s putting a lot of investment for a ceiling of 60 pts on just one position. I’d rather find value at pitching hope to get lucky and pay up for maximum batting at each other position.

• mattyice522

good point. guess your right and it makes sense because its more of a long term game as opposed to someone who you just play with your gut

• mattyice522

I like conforto if he plays

• Danielv22

So thinking a newcomb plus Colorado/wash/nyy stack

• KindGuy

@mabrla said...

Baseball is such a taxing grind that after putting in hours of research a lot of people don’t want to come on here and give out their information when anyone googling MLB DFS FORUM will be directed here and get their plays.

The touts get paid to tout. I’m not digging deep into data so a random guy can just plug my play in lol.

Can’t really argue with that.

Personally, I don’t mind newbies “stealing” my plays since there are so many combinations and permutations of possible lineups. But I definitely see where you’re coming from.

• mattyice522

I kind of side on the idea of being able to bounce ideas/players off other people

• KindGuy

@JinAkutsu said...

Good value at SP, lets you stack up on bats. Thank god for Thames’ heroics last night, he won me a $150 tourney.

Saw it live on TV..

Crowd went DEAD SILENT after that. So freaking clutch. Thames tha GOAT….:….. after Judge of course.

• Njsum1

@mabrla said...

This is very accurate

• JinAkutsu

@elementasrat said...

Saw it live on TV..

Crowd went DEAD SILENT after that. So freaking clutch. Thames tha GOAT….:….. after Judge of course.

Heck yeah, had me dancing. Getting that #1 spot on a clutch homerun can’t help but lift the mood. He’s got another good matchup tonight too, 3300 isn’t bad. He’s back on a hotstreak and his OPS + ISO is great the last few starts.

• JinAkutsu

Anyone on Cespedes tonight? He’s dirt cheap on FD.

• bigsmoot2

Wonder how high owned Scherzer will be tonight, Mets hit him pretty well.

Tonight with the huge slate is gonna be a pick 8 guys who I think will hit a homer night on FD, cause that’s what it is gonna take to win.

• txdave41

@mattyice522 said...

I guess it’s just not me that is struggling. I’ve only made 50 cent net profit for the entire month of June. In three years of playing, I’ve never performed that bad with any sport. Even when I manage a score over 200, the reward is only like $2 bucks. There is just no fun in this anymore unless u don’t mind throwing money away.

• migarvin99

@txdave41 said...

I guess it’s just not me that is struggling. I’ve only made 50 cent net profit for the entire month of June. In three years of playing, I’ve never performed that bad with any sport. Even when I manage a score over 200, the reward is only like $2 bucks. There is just no fun in this anymore unless u don’t mind throwing money away.

I lost $220 last night by 1 dk point because the scorer changed Maybin reaching on an error to a hit

• NarrowJ

1. I want to play the Newcombe kid, but the Marlins are near the top of the league against LHP.
    2. I want to play Scherzer, but the Mets have a lot of history against him (and it aint bad).

• Brenmike922

Gonna have Biagini in a few lineups tonight, since I like his last few outings (even thought his run support was horrible) + he’s a RH pitcher against the PaleSox

• gopack24

Nola Guerra

• coyotes01

For what it’s worth, Scherzer has dominated the Mets in NY. Since 2015 he has averaged 60.6 FD points in NY in 5 games. One of the games was 88 points. If you eliminate that game (because it far exceeded the others) he has averaged 53.75 points with a low of 47 points on FD. Not sure what level of value floor people are looking for, but at his price that is 4.2, 4.7, 3.8, and 4.7 points per/$k. Playing in Washington he has averaged 39.5 FD points with a high/low score of 62/21 FD points over 4 starts with values of 4.1, 1.7, 5, 1.9. All values listed chronologically from most recent on.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.