8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -125 ) at Minnesota ( 115 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 111 ) at Kansas City ( -120 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -116 ) at Chi Sox ( 107 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : Houston ( -116 ) at Colorado ( +107 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : LA Angels ( +100 ) at Arizona ( -108 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:05 PM EST : San Diego ( +154 ) at Oakland ( -167 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( +129 ) at Seattle ( -140 ) —- T: 6.0
    10:10 PM EST : Texas ( +223 ) at LA Dodgers ( -245 ) —- T: 6.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• DannyTanner

Been playing for two-plus years now and haven’t seen anything as crazy as tomorrow’s slate…

Games in Coors, Toronto, Yankee Stadium, Arizona, Cincinnati and Chicago’s southside…

Aces on the mound: Kershaw, Felix, Bumgarner, Price, Cueto…

Baltimore, Washington and Miami coming off huge nights…

Ten projected lefty pitchers leading to crazy platoons/splits everywhere…

Tried to sit down and make my initial cash lineup and knew it might be wise to take the night off when I ended up with Joe Blanton at pitcher.

• Wrightime

Fd jacked up prices for all hou batters , to the point where might be better off fading

• Wrightime

Springer is 4700 no way he should be that high esp doesnt hit righties that great

• tin8shusd

Yeah – tonight’s slate is as unique as they come. I too am looking at Blanton (as well as Marcum) as my SP2 for my DK GPP rosters.

• 8MileAllstars

While I fully appreciate the benefits of going dumpster diving for your SP2 on DK, this isn’t one of those nights. There are so many value hitters in great spots, the thing that’s going to win tonight is the right SP2 and right stacks.

• silverblazer36

DK spiked the prices of Hou batters big time but not really Colorado’s. I’m rolling out a Rockies stack in the moonshot.

• s4f3

EZ to fit Kershaw imo

• ElSlappo

Amazing slate – so many great SP’s going along with some solid mid-range guys. Several situations which will likely result in Roger Pavlik-ian SP stat lines.

• bucherpsu08

I think you can eliminate Price, Cueto, Bumgarner and King Felix on FD since they are all facing each other. Kershaw is an obvious play but he eats up so much salary with so many good high priced hitting options in great spots (Tor righties, Coors game, Yankee lefties, O’s, etc.).

• shockermandan

This crazy slate is my last try at MLB unless something miraculous comes. Cashed out all except $10 for 2 entries into the Super Rally.

Who do you guys see as the best pitcher under $9k? I’m thinking Ubaldo Jimenez should be good for 15 on FD. Most of the high $ pitchers are going against pretty darn good bats, no?

Edit: After looking at hs PvB stats, I immediately regret this decision. Maybe Kershaw is the right way to go.

• ayudame

A lot of different ways you can go tonight… did a draft LU with Felix/Kershaw (DK) and low priced TOR stack with Donaldson…

• s4f3

Shocker, if you want, PM me and I’ll give you some guys to play based on research that took more time than most people put in

• shockermandan

@s4f3 said...

Shocker, if you want, PM me and I’ll give you some guys to play based on research that took more time than most people put in

pm’d. Thank you!

• 8MileAllstars

@s4f3 said...

Humble bragging about how hard you work at researching DFS. How cute.

• shockermandan

@8MileAllstars said...

Humble bragging about how hard you work at researching DFS. How cute.

I don’t think there was anything “humble” about it 8Mile, but I’m always happy to see what I can learn from other DFS’ers.

Especially since aside the TBR vs. CWS game I went to this season I haven’t watched a baseball game in several years.

• ElSlappo

I put in less time than most at researching and if you want I can tell you who I like too :)

• xmolette17

What are some predictive stats I can look at when drafting batters and pitchers

• ayudame

@xmolette17 said...

What are some predictive stats I can look at when drafting batters and pitchers

good luck… Cuddyer had 110 ABs vs a pitcher a night ago and had like a .380 avg … he went 0/5 i believe… there’s nothing predictive with baseball … but i get what you are saying, just bitter cuddyer couldn’t get one hit that game lol.

• s4f3

Just saying that I’m not looking at the same stuff most people are, digging a bit deeper. GL all!

EDIT to below : Important to the guy I want to help, yes.. Credibility

• 8MileAllstars

@shockermandan said...

I don’t think there was anything “humble” about it 8Mile, but I’m always happy to see what I can learn from other DFS’ers.

Especially since aside the TBR vs. CWS game I went to this season I haven’t watched a baseball game in several years.

I wasn’t talking about what you posted, rather about the guy that felt it important to let us know how much time he spends researching.

• noddy

I may go Pineda and Chavez on DK. I like their spots tonight and I can get some nice bats

• stubirds

@ayudame said...

good luck… Cuddyer had 110 ABs vs a pitcher a night ago and had like a .380 avg … he went 0/5 i believe… there’s nothing predictive with baseball … but i get what you are saying, just bitter cuddyer couldn’t get one hit that game lol.

There’s nothing predictive about any sport really. If it was, we’d all be rich. Strategy is literally 5-10% of your success rate. THe rest is just luck.

• skeeter1114

• Blogger of the Month

@shockermandan said...

Who do you guys see as the best pitcher under $9k?

Jesse Chavez is worth a look. He’s much better at home and Padres strike out a lot.

• stubirds

@shockermandan said...

This crazy slate is my last try at MLB unless something miraculous comes. Cashed out all except $10 for 2 entries into the Super Rally.

Who do you guys see as the best pitcher under $9k? I’m thinking Ubaldo Jimenez should be good for 15 on FD. Most of the high $ pitchers are going against pretty darn good bats, no?

Edit: After looking at hs PvB stats, I immediately regret this decision. Maybe Kershaw is the right way to go.

How can you regret this going against that horrible Phillies line up?

• stubirds

So I’m thinking fading the O’s since they busted their nut last night against the Phils. Anyone thinking the O’s may put up a goose egg tonight?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler