7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -127 ) at Washington ( 117 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 231 ) at Cleveland ( -254 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -126 ) at Chi Cubs ( 116 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Texas ( 100 ) at Kansas City ( -108 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( -125 ) at Colorado ( 115 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:07 PM EST : Arizona ( -108 ) at LA Angels ( -100 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Miami ( 130 ) at SF Giants ( -141 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Brandon6385

The prize structure in that DK $5 is terrrrrrible…

• superjon

Here are my favorite plays on FD tonight

Stud Pitcher – Gerrit Cole
    Cheap Pitcher – Dylan Covey

High End Bat – Mike Trout
    Cheap/Value Bat – Joey Gallo

Salary Relief w/Upside – JM Fernandez

Game Stack – TEX @ KC

LOCK OF THE DAYJOSE MARTINEZ

• upgradetoquestionable

Was gonna pass on playing Cole because his salary seems so expensive. There are few cheap stacks though that make Cole and a decent second pitcher (I like Suarez or Chacin or taking a chance on Pivetta) possible.

• nickybarnes2369

@Brandon6385 said...

Absolutely putrid. I would much rather have a 75k first and then disperse the other 25k through the top 25 finishers.

• Yacht67

I thought Jose has been kinda crappy since his return.

• Jeddy3

@Brandon6385 said...

I will vote against this with my wallet. By the looks of twitter, others are going to too. Definitely not wasting money at this one.

• biffrenylds

@Jeddy3 said...

I will vote against this with my wallet. By the looks of twitter, others are going to too. Definitely not wasting money at this one.

I agree with you guys, but 19,000 entries are already in. Don’t think DK will be discouraged from continuing the top-heavy contests.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@Jeddy3 said...

I dont mind this structure every now and then. I am not a grinder. I like the lotto nature from time to time

• Ndepompei

Kind of like cheap KC/NYM stacks with Bauer/DeGrom

• upgradetoquestionable

@Ndepompei said...

Kind of like cheap KC/NYM stacks with Bauer/DeGrom

Kinda worried about the Cleveland weather. I’d definitely prefer Bauer over Cole on DK, but really worry about delays/PPD.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@upgradetoquestionable said...

Kinda worried about the Cleveland weather. I’d definitely prefer Bauer over Cole on DK, but really worry about delays/PPD.

I wont worry about weather till Roth tells me to worry , lol

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

my favorite days are degrom under owned by the field days

• Njsum1

@divusjulius said...

my favorite days are degrom under owned by the field days

He’s 11.2k on DK, in Coors. He’s been stellar, and I think I’ve been heavy on him in every start this year, even against tougher opponents, yet DK didn’t offer enough of a discount for me to play him in Coors as any more than a 1 off contrarian option. His average price over the last few games has actually been lower than 11.2k.

I remember when Kershaw was the ace of aces, and normally priced between 13 and 14k, and he went for under 10k when he was in Coors. Degrom could certainly do well and the Rockies can just be putrid from time to time, I just don’t like the price. With that said, enjoy the CGSO he’s gonna throw tonight. 😎

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

i’ve been all in on him as well, and all the reasons you listed are rational and make sense, which is why i’m going to try and capitalize on him over the field tonight.

• jtkucheck

Anybody have reliable data over a meaningful sample of pitchers coming off the bereavement list while taking their normal turn in the rotation?

I have a hunch that pitchers operating outside of their normal routine will likely underperform, which has me on a Giants stack, but would like to see if there is somewhere I can find the data to back this up.

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@Brandon6385 said...

If it fills, DK takes home a nice $56,715 profit. A cool almost 16% rake.

• biga0787

That is ridiculous. Better sites need to be formed. If it was 5% take the profit would be astronomical. Much less one tournament making 56000

• biffrenylds

@biga0787 said...

That is ridiculous. Better sites need to be formed. If it was 5% take the profit would be astronomical. Much less one tournament making 56000

The house always wins.

• superjon

@apeterson8809 said...

Are you taking into account overhead, employee salaries, marketing costs, etc?

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@biga0787 said...

It IS still a business and they should be making as much as the market will allow.

• tonedefrob

Since I have some time and am a bit motivated today, here’s a few catcher notes. Yes means he’s good with him/much better with him. No means he’s bad to terrible with him.

Pivetta: Knapp – Yes, Alfaro – No
    Kennedy: Butera – Yes, Perez – No
    Covey: Smith – Yes, Navarez – No
    Chacin: Kratz/Bandy – Yes, Pina – No
    Chatwood: Gimenez – Yes, Contreras – No
    C Smith: Realmuto – Yes, Holaday – No
    Suarez: Hundley – Yes, Posey – No (difference is likely a BABIP thing though)
    Barria: Maldy – Yes, Briceno – No (only one game sample)
    Anderson: Murph – Yes (very small sample), Iannetta – No, Woaters – Eh (good this year, very bad last year)
    DeGrom: Mes – Yes, Plawecki – Meh (Ks always seem to be lower with him over Mes/d’Arnaud)

Good with either guy on the 25 man:

Cole (McCann/Stassi)
    Bauer (Gomes/Perez)
    Mikolas (Molina/Pena)

Same guy with either catcher:

Williams (Cervelli/Diaz)
    Colon (Chirinos/Perez)
    Grenkie (only ever has Mathis, if it happened to be Avila for some reason…)

Special Case: Maeda

Has been fine with either throughout his career but this season has been miles better with Barnes.

Who cares: Rays

Pivetta will probably garner a lot of ownership tonight so that one is most important. If Alfaro draws the start and he gets anything but a pitchers ump the Cards would be a great large field GPP stack with their power (Pivetta is historically reverse splits) in that park with that weather. Kennedy could be sneaky if Butera draws a start behind the plate, stay away if not. Indians stack in play if Navarez starts for Covey (Kevan started last two days). Some decent angles in LAD/CHI to look at as well depending who gets the start.

• TheRyanFlaherty

F’ Fan Duel. You guys see the banner up right now? They included the Yankees game and now are saying they have no idea when the Main Slate starts. It “may” start earlier than stated and to check back later and that they should know by 6:15.
    F that. I’m pulling all my entries that I reserved.

• noddy

@apeterson8809 said...

And people say they are losing money. There is no f’n way they are losing money and whoever says they are is lying.

• Brandon6385

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

F’ Fan Duel. You guys see the banner up right now? They included the Yankees game and now are saying they have no idea when the Main Slate starts. It “may” start earlier than stated and to check back later and that they should know by 6:15.
    F that. I’m pulling all my entries that I reserved.

Agreed!!… This is terrible CS.. pulling mine as well

• bucherpsu08

@noddy said...

And people say they are losing money. There is no f’n way they are losing money and whoever says they are is lying.

I think it’s pretty widely known that Draftkings has never been operationally profitable.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.