7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -127 ) at Washington ( 117 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 231 ) at Cleveland ( -254 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -126 ) at Chi Cubs ( 116 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Texas ( 100 ) at Kansas City ( -108 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( -125 ) at Colorado ( 115 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:07 PM EST : Arizona ( -108 ) at LA Angels ( -100 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Miami ( 130 ) at SF Giants ( -141 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• TheRyanFlaherty

And yes, I am aware that the main slate lock time could wind up being a minor issue, if updated well in advance and/or it doesn’t change or change much…
    But still it becomes something I’d just rather not deal with. DFS has enough variables as is. When lineups lock shouldn’t be one of them. It’s enough as is balancing info, lineups on multiple sites, Family, etc. from 5-7 pm I don’t need more unknowns thrown into that equation.
    A shame too since I wanted to play a bunch of bats from that game and FD was the site I was going to be able to. Oh well…
    Although now I realize why the other sites were smart enough to not include the game.

This post may be redundant, but since my last post was essentially F’ them, I’m mad. I thought it reasonable to provide additional context or at least a more reasoned response lol

• mr_papageorgio

Is the CLE game going to play?

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@mr_papageorgio said...

Roth will let you know

• Jeddy3

With all those righty’s, Pivetta is going to be chalk right? Hoping Smith will be a decent pivot.

• Jonas137

@Jeddy3 said...

With all those righty’s, Pivetta is going to be chalk right? Hoping Smith will be a decent pivot.

Suarez, Cole, Bauer, DeGrom, Mikolas, Pivetta all look to be owned in the 20’s, so I don’t see a clear chalk here. Greinke and Smith in the teens right behind those, so yes a decent pivot, but not low owned either.

• Yeoman

@mr_papageorgio said...

NWS says “Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 9pm.” Right now the front, and the rain, is still on the other side of the lake, and it’s not moving very fast.

• biga0787

Degrom really going to be 20% in coors? I really like him if he is low owned at 20% I like him less

• biga0787

I also lik mikolas as the phillys k most in the league. But roth says big bump to bats. Is mikolas really a good play?

• jtkucheck

@biga0787 said...

I also lik mikolas as the phillys k most in the league. But roth says big bump to bats. Is mikolas really a good play?

It’s only a bump to bats if the bats make contact.

I think most of us wildly overrate the impact weather has- it really only affects well hit fly balls and line drives. If the pitcher you’re considering doesn’t give up a whole lot of those, then you can mostly ignore weather. Coors is the one exception as it can affect a pitcher’s stuff and ability to get the ball to move how and where he wants it.

• NarrowJ

I feel like to win the 100k you’re gonna have to do something really silly, and the bottom of the Rockies order has some good BvP against deGrom (and while Murphy hasn’t faced him, he is a very good power bat down there in the 8 spot to clean those guys up).

Might as well just fill the rest of my lineup out with bunch of TB guys against Cole while I’m at it haha.

• homers1226

1st of all dk takes a cut of the action

10%maybe

they only lose if its a gantery and doesn’t fill

2nd

cards are going to shell pinyata ,,I men piveta

• KindGuy

@jtkucheck said...

It’s only a bump to bats if the bats make contact.

I think most of us wildly overrate the impact weather has- it really only affects well hit fly balls and line drives. If the pitcher you’re considering doesn’t give up a whole lot of those, then you can mostly ignore weather. Coors is the one exception as it can affect a pitcher’s stuff and ability to get the ball to move how and where he wants it.

I 100% Agree!

Also, in regards to the Coors affecting pitchers arsenals, I’m pretty sure it only matters if they rely heavily on breaking balls, specifically 12-6 curves.

The biggest thing is contact!

• keephustlincuz

@NarrowJ said...

I feel like to win the 100k you’re gonna have to do something really silly, and the bottom of the Rockies order has some good BvP against deGrom (and while Murphy hasn’t faced him, he is a very good power bat down there in the 8 spot to clean those guys up).

Might as well just fill the rest of my lineup out with bunch of TB guys against Cole while I’m at it haha.

I used Mil 4567 for the silly part.

• fenway2015

rangers stack tonight

• mr_papageorgio

@keephustlincuz said...

I used Mil 4567 for the silly part.

I’ll see your Brewers and raise you a 5 man Sox stack lol

• fanturds

well the 5 dollar contest filled up an hourish before lock. I am ok with playing that, and the 2 dollar contest for sanity and be under what I would normally do.

• hsfgsteele

Smith and a OF punt or pay up for Degrom tonight on FD?

• jtkucheck

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’ll see your Brewers and raise you a 5 man Sox stack lol

5 Astros, 3 Giants here

• homers1226

100000 tp doesn’t happen to much in baseball fantasy

good luck all

• homers1226

cards Miami

couple mutts

• TheRyanFlaherty

While I was bitching about FD, Yahoo is currently worse. You’ll be able to watch 20 minutes of the yanks/wash game before lock.

• biga0787

is anyone still going to run bauer out? I think him or cole are the way to go. Bauer is now going to be lower owned I think. I liked degrom early on but I just feel like he doesn’t add up. not enough discount, too much ownership, he is elite but he just feels like a trap too me.

• FAMOF665

um 9 min to go and no lineup for NYY is it safe to play bird didi and torres?

• fanturds

I think some Rays could do some damage and be really cheap and low owned. not pulling the trigger, but its tempting.

• KindGuy

@fanturds said...

well the 5 dollar contest filled up an hourish before lock. I am ok with playing that, and the 2 dollar contest for sanity and be under what I would normally do.

Damnit! I missed it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).