8:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 115 ) at Chi Cubs ( -125 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( -171 ) at Minnesota ( 157 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 230 ) at Houston ( -253 ) —- T: 7
    8:15 PM EST : Texas ( -137 ) at Kansas City ( 126 ) —- T: 9
    8:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( 141 ) at Colorado ( -153 ) —- T: 11.5
    7:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 0 ) at LA Angels ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -106 ) at San Diego ( -102 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : Miami ( 154 ) at SF Giants ( -167 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Made the mistake of getting off the TEX/KAN game yesterday despite my early research giving it the green light.

Typical.

Tonight I like an Atlanta stack and will be about 68% on Freeman, Flowers, and Markakis.

• bucherpsu08

Stacking the Nats lefties. Will throw Turner in that stack if Adams sits again.

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

very interesting mid-tier of pitching tonight

• txdave41

@superjon said...

Made the mistake of getting off the TEX/KAN game yesterday despite my early research giving it the green light.

Typical.

Tonight I like an Atlanta stack and will be about 68% on Freeman, Flowers, and Markakis.

What was so great about that Texas game? They suck on the road, and last time I stacked against Kennedy, he dominated.

• upgradetoquestionable

@txdave41 said...

What was so great about that Texas game? They suck on the road, and last time I stacked against Kennedy, he dominated.

Yeah it didn’t do much for me. I stacked Royals 1-5 and Rangers 1-3, and other than Choo it was a disaster.

• jtkucheck

@divusjulius said...

very interesting mid-tier of pitching tonight

Agreed. German and Velasquez seem like they have equal parts enticing upside and catastrophic downside.

• GoodOleTimes

Giancarlo Arenado

• mnstone14

how highly owned are we expwcting colorado to be?

• biga0787

I’m sure super high owned. Vargas is a gas can. I don’t know how you get away from arenado and story.

• Jeddy3

Vargas also isn’t much better (actually worse) against leftys. Stack stack stack

• biga0787

So sick but how do you not. Both are shit.

• rickkain29

I’m taking my chances on Jefry tonight. Only facing one LHB against a pitiful Orioles team.

• GoodOleTimes

Baltimores lineup looks better with Hess than it does with Chris Davis

• Jonas137

I think everyone wants Verlander or Sale with a mid tier or cheap pitcher, so maybe the GPP thought is 2 mid tier and big bats on this slate

• TDCantor89

Hey, new MLB DFS player, is there any advice for starting out and wanting to make some cash?

• feezyg

@TDCantor89 said...

Hey, new MLB DFS player, is there any advice for starting out and wanting to make some cash?

Run…..

• superjon

My pitchers tonight are

Verlander
    Sale
    Berries
    Taillon
    Soroka

• Briancobb33

Velasquez looking interesting to me

• squidkill

@TDCantor89 said...

Come back next April

• squidkill

@TDCantor89 said...

Your sentence does not correlate to a positive EV situation. Wait for football 😀

• mambaland

@squidkill said...

so you want to be in the about 1.9 percent (not exact number) of people who make money and your new?? close eyes and pick

• rickkain29

@TDCantor89 said...

Don’t get discouraged. Start small, $0.25 & $1 games. I would start with cash games. Also, don’t be afraid to try different sites (Fan Duel, Draft Kings, Yahoo, or Fantasy Draft)

Also, find a site you like to do your research on and stick with it. I feel that a lot of times you can get overloaded with information. I tend to go back and forth between here and Fantasy Labs

• mr_papageorgio

@TDCantor89 said...

If you don’t already own one, I’d suggest purchasing a dartboard.

• mr_papageorgio

@rickkain29 said...

I’m taking my chances on Jefry tonight. Only facing one LHB against a pitiful Orioles team.

Anyone have any idea if King Jefry is on a pitch count? As bad as the Os have been he should be able to hit value if he goes 5+ innings.

• Njsum1

@TDCantor89 said...

You actually asked two separate questions.

1) advice for someone starting out….Read up on some free content about how to choose hitters, pitchers, stacks, some basic game theory, and how to construct mlb lineups. It’s easy to find. Then tinker in the free and small games until you find a process you’re comfortable with.

2) how to make cash…I see this question posted numerous times throughout the year on different message boards phrased in a similar manner (“I’m new to such and such sport and want to make money”). And it always gives me a good chuckle.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).