7:07 PM EST : LA Angels ( -153 ) at Toronto ( 141 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:20 PM EST : NY Mets ( 139 ) at Atlanta ( -151 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 132 ) at Chi Cubs ( -143 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Texas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( 103 ) at Minnesota ( -111 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:15 PM EST : Miami ( 147 ) at St. Louis ( -160 ) —- T: 8
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 132 ) at Arizona ( -144 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 215 ) at LA Dodgers ( -236 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

Agreed, though I kinda lump that into the category of game theory. DFS (and any other zero-sum gambling game) is an ecosystem that is best looked at over a very long term. Additionally, DFS deals with too many trend based variables (pricing, performance, ownership) to be great at without having an incredible comprehension of the history and projections of these things. Having a good understanding of these concepts might be more important than anything else for success.

I sum it up simply as this…

It’s not the tools one has, it’s the application of the tools.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

I sum it up simply as this…

It’s not the tools one has, it’s the application of the tools.

Oh, jesus, that too. I just didn’t want to start that mess when people would be like “I’m just as good at DFS as those guys, I just can’t max enter and don’t have a brother (or whatever)”.

• Njsum1

Chicago game not gonna play? Thoughts…liked some Lester tonight

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Ponce De Leon and Trevor Williams as SP2s…. ?

• Pandamonious

@Njsum1 said...

Chicago game not gonna play? Thoughts…liked some Lester tonight

I’m moving forward like all is fine and well with all these games. It’s definitely the riskiest game of the night though. I’m personally using Giolito and Lester.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@captainwacky said...

Agreed, though I kinda lump that into the category of game theory. DFS (and any other zero-sum gambling game) is an ecosystem that is best looked at over a very long term. Additionally, DFS deals with too many trend based variables (pricing, performance, ownership) to be great at without having an incredible comprehension of the history and projections of these things. Having a good understanding of these concepts might be more important than anything else for success.

In some sports, I think following the sport helps too. I have been playing and following hockey for about 15 years now (I’m 26). I know all players and I’m always updated, which helps me a lot.

MLB is similar to NHL for DFS, but I know nothing about those guys except for raw stats. I’m doing okay, but I don’t have the confidence to enter many lineups.

That said, it’s not a necessity, just a bonus in my opinion.

But yes, like you said, pricing (most people don’t realize how important that can be), performance (finding hot players or cold players due for “positive regression”) and ownership (I love when an injured player comes back earlier than expected, costs less and is basically unowned) are super important.

• Pandamonious

@Unico10 said...

Ponce De Leon and Trevor Williams as SP2s…. ?

I’d be concerned with a Williams pitch count. Maybe I shouldn’t be? I’d be up for using him otherwise.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

I’m moving forward like all is fine and well with all these games. It’s definitely the riskiest game of the night though. I’m personally using Giolito and Lester.

Thx..Started swapping my Lester for Williams…yet I’m concerned as well about the pitch count…maybe I’ll play some Lester. Even if he gets a Zero, it could turn out to be better than what he’ll actually do if the game plays. Lmfao

He should do well, yet I’ve been part of the “”(player-popup #jon-lester)Jon Lester”:/players/jon-lester-10969 Experience” one too many times

• Pandamonious

@Njsum1 said...

Thx..Started swapping my Lester for Williams…yet I’m concerned as well about the pitch count…maybe I’ll play some Lester. Even if he gets a Zero, it could turn out to be better than what he’ll actually do if the game plays. Lmfao

He should do well, yet I’ve been part of the “”(player-popup #jon-lester)Jon Lester”:/players/jon-lester-10969 Experience” one too many times

I think the worst case for the game and I could certainly be wrong is they force in 5 innings in some light rain and then throw the tarp on and call it a night.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

I think the top rated players also take, what appear to be, bigger chances and don’t play scared. For instance, entering low owned game stacks into SE tournaments, knowing full well that they could finish last, but if the game hits, they’re in the top heavy payout spots. On the other hand, most players are taking more chalky lineups and min cashing 1/3 times. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    That’s one theory, as I’m entering a bos/min game stack in the $222 SE

• ASitar

The Rockies took Game 1 of the battle for second in the West 8-1 against the Diamondbacks in Arizona last night, but things will be a little tougher tonight as they go up against Zack Greinke.

The Diamondbacks ace has been outstanding this season. The veteran right-hander has pitched to 2.65 ERA and a 0.88 WHIP and has recorded a quality start in 13 of his 15 games and is on a current run of 13.1 scoreless innings.

He faces a Rockies lineup that despite the eight runs last night, is much worse on the road, hitting just .222 and scoring 4.36 runs per game against right-handed pitching.

The Rockies counter with a right-hander of their own in Jon Gray. Gray has been inconsistent this season, but has struggled more on the road pitching to a 5.06 ERA and a 1.40 WHIP. He has also struggled against the D-backs pitching to a 7.98 ERA and 1.98 WHIP in his last four starts against him.

Fading Greinke seems foolish in this spot. Take D-backs tonight in the desert.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@ASitar said...

The Rockies took Game 1 of the battle for second in the West 8-1 against the Diamondbacks in Arizona last night, but things will be a little tougher tonight as they go up against Zack Greinke.

The Diamondbacks ace has been outstanding this season. The veteran right-hander has pitched to 2.65 ERA and a 0.88 WHIP and has recorded a quality start in 13 of his 15 games and is on a current run of 13.1 scoreless innings.

He faces a Rockies lineup that despite the eight runs last night, is much worse on the road, hitting just .222 and scoring 4.36 runs per game against right-handed pitching.

The Rockies counter with a right-hander of their own in Jon Gray. Gray has been inconsistent this season, but has struggled more on the road pitching to a 5.06 ERA and a 1.40 WHIP. He has also struggled against the D-backs pitching to a 7.98 ERA and 1.98 WHIP in his last four starts against him.

Fading Greinke seems foolish in this spot. Take D-backs tonight in the desert.

And I have a az/col game stack in the 100 SE. lol, mostly because of this, if Greinke is high owned and this game blows up, Yahtzee

• Felixxberg

I’m sweating the cash line right now. 1 DK point behind the line in the $555 contest (cashing easily everywhere else with the same lineup but losing overall because of that contest) with the two next guys batting in my lineup (Grandal and Perez). Please DFS God!

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

And I have a az/col game stack in the 100 SE. lol, mostly because of this, if Greinke is high owned and this game blows up, Yahtzee

I was tempted to play Greinke… however the roof is open.
    Still not stacking that game tho

• mr_papageorgio

@Felixxberg said...

I’m sweating the cash line right now. 1 DK point behind the line in the $555 contest (cashing easily everywhere else with the same lineup but losing overall because of that contest) with the two next guys batting in my lineup (Grandal and Perez). Please DFS God!

When I’m in this sort of a spot I turn off the TV/computer, go make a drink, and then check back in about 15 minutes. Depending on what you see, you can make a second drink either for celebration or mourning.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@mr_papageorgio said...

When I’m in this sort of a spot I turn off the TV/computer, go make a drink, and then check back in about 15 minutes. Depending on what you see, you can make a second drink either for celebration or mourning.

Last night I just went to sleep… had 3 RedSox going in extra-innings, winning $500 with 173+ score and if they get a big inning could crash the top 10…. Slept well, but didn’t work… nothing happened :)

Chavis must have struck out 5 times yesterday… smh

• yisman

Trevor Williams already killing my main slate action

I had no idea what to do at pitcher because there’s supposed to be rain in Chicago and I didn’t want to pay for Max.

• Spartaca

I do think one thing that’s worth doing is seeing how they play when they are putting up big buy ins. $3,180 tonight 124 entries Awesemo seems to like Detroit https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/73668611

• Felixxberg

@mr_papageorgio said...

Well, I stayed out of the cash line by 1 DK point, which makes a $1K difference. Definitely going for a drink!

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

T Williams getting smoked in the first…,

• Spartaca

Anyone liking Pomeranz tonight?

• Spartaca

@captainwacky said...

Oh, jesus, that too. I just didn’t want to start that mess when people would be like “I’m just as good at DFS as those guys, I just can’t max enter and don’t have a brother (or whatever)”.

But that’s not 100% inaccurate, I am not one of those guys, but I see their point. Anyone saying there is not a lot of corruption in DFS is kidding themselves imo.

• captainwacky

@Spartaca said...

But that’s not 100% inaccurate, I am not one of those guys, but I see their point. Anyone saying there is not a lot of corruption in DFS is kidding themselves imo.

There’s going to be people cheating in anything you do online, especially when there’s money involved. No one who is complaining about it is unsuccessful because of these guys.

• biga0787

I hate to be like this but it seems to be every damn day. I play a stack. Every other player in the lineup gets a hit. My guys strike or groundout. Today it’s the Braves. They probably score 12 runs and one or none will be by acuna,Donaldson,Riley,Albies

• ASitar

Anyone using Garlick tonight? I mean, all you need him to do is go 1 for 3 for his $2,300 price tag.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).