7:07 PM EST : LA Angels ( -153 ) at Toronto ( 141 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:20 PM EST : NY Mets ( 139 ) at Atlanta ( -151 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 132 ) at Chi Cubs ( -143 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Texas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( 103 ) at Minnesota ( -111 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:15 PM EST : Miami ( 147 ) at St. Louis ( -160 ) —- T: 8
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 132 ) at Arizona ( -144 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 215 ) at LA Dodgers ( -236 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Also the pros do things like starting a below average pitcher at low ownership in a good matchup and win GPP…. when we do it with Williams to fit the Angels stack we get smoked.
    How does this guy go from striking out the sides to not getting anybody out? In the same game…. damn me for getting sucked down that route.
    That’s what happens when you have too much time to make lineups….

• elmore0631

@Unico10 said...

Also the pros do things like starting a below average pitcher at low ownership in a good matchup and win GPP…. when we do it with Williams to fit the Angels stack we get smoked.
    How does this guy go from striking out the sides to not getting anybody out? In the same game…. damn me for getting sucked down that route.

The pros can stack the Tigers and get 7 runs through 6 outs too.
    But they did stack them yesterday as well.

You’re right though, if the below average pitcher does ok then you get a turd from the SP1 you play. haha.

• mr_papageorgio

Nice work Heaney. Him getting blown up was way too obvious but I fell for it like everyone else. Couldn’t handle pitching with a lead I guess.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

What’s next williams? 3 Ks or 3 HRs?

• MrMadness001

@Sleazygreazy said...

I think the top rated players also take, what appear to be, bigger chances and don’t play scared. For instance, entering low owned game stacks into SE tournaments, knowing full well that they could finish last, but if the game hits, they’re in the top heavy payout spots. On the other hand, most players are taking more chalky lineups and min cashing 1/3 times. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    That’s one theory, as I’m entering a bos/min game stack in the $222 SE

Nah I don’t think so. Go look at the FD Pickle $555 SE results nightly. All those known players like Awesemo, Gates, Mocklovin…they are using the same chalky type stacks everyone else does. Like last night the Indians were the chalk and everyone who placed in the cash had them.

Those high buy in SE contest they play just have way less people in them. The Pickle has 36 people. Yes, only 8 people will cash but if you have the BR to play in that tournament on a nightly basis you probably know what your doing. Eventually you will even out or end up in the black playing a full MLB season.

Some will take chances playing in these MME GPP’s. But every single guy has a different strategy of play. I have noticed this from following when Maxdalury played lots of volume. And from Manny Lora and JeffElJefe this year.

• mr_papageorgio

I’m really starting to dislike Jason Kipnis.

• SkateFiend

Trout can really break the slate here.

• biga0787

Tonight is going swell

• mr_papageorgio

@SkateFiend said...

Trout can really break the slate here.

• jayzee666

@mr_papageorgio said...

Kipnis gives the REAPER the middle finger while the REAPER laughs at Mercado laying down a Sac Bunt and Trout having 2 HRs and I did not pick the Over on that LAA game!
    Need to have Nats explode for 4 more runs!
    Need to have Edwin Jackson pitch again so I can cash another tournament!

• mr_papageorgio

Contreras grand slam. I took Flowers for $100 less because of weather and he hits lefties well and he just had a grand GIDP.

• Spartaca

It’s rare I don’t have Trout in at least one lineup, tonight I thought I had him for Tiers at least, nope. It’s not great strategy but I always feel like if I fade Mike Trout he is hitting min 2 homers.

• Spartaca

@Unico10 said...

Chipotle is leading right now with that same strategy in the $3,180 $100K to first on DK tonight.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/73668611

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@mr_papageorgio said...

I guess. I won the monster twice last week for over 40k…both times with contrarian gamestacks. I’ll stick with that

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

I guess. I won the monster twice last week for over 40k…both times with contrarian gamestacks. I’ll stick with that

My bad, wrong thread to quote. I’m driving…

• am03wins

Great game from Max and he still might not even hit 3x on DK. Hard to justify paying up for guys like that when it’s almost impossible for them to hit value

• SkateFiend

I was so happy about my Tigers stack an hour ago.

• dragon1952

Stacked the Nats 3 days in a row now. 2 rainouts and then this. Kind of anticlimactic and a real buzz kill.

• Spartaca

Someone asked me this and I didn’t know I have never done, can you put a relief pitcher in as one of your pitchers? I know showdown you can but in other multi game competitions? I don’t know why my friend wanted to do it, seems odd on a 10 game slate.

• Spartaca

@mr_papageorgio said...

Gonna hate him now double dong

• cjs5555

@Spartaca said...

Someone asked me this and I didn’t know I have never done, can you put a relief pitcher in as one of your pitchers? I know showdown you can but in other multi game competitions? I don’t know why my friend wanted to do it, seems odd on a 10 game slate.

You can do that. Not advisable.

• SkateFiend

Jason kipnis

• cjs5555

@Spartaca said...

Gonna hate him now double dong

I went to an Indians spring training game a couple years ago, was sitting on the line in RF. About halfway through the game, Kipnis came out and left the game, stopped by our seats and gave his shoes to a little kid sitting next to me. I thought what a great guy, he made that kid’s year…. I played Kipnis the other night, got a zero. Tonight faded him. and he goes off.

Jason Kipnis seems to me like a gentleman and great ambassador for the game – for that I have great respect. From a DFS perspective he is dead to me!!!

• MrMadness001

@Spartaca said...

People try to get creative and may start a reliever on Draftkings as an SP2 to save money. You are basically hoping you pick a long reliever who gets a chance at 3+ IP and can strikeout 4-6 batters for min price. It’s definitely not a +EV thing to do.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

I’m moving forward like all is fine and well with all these games. It’s definitely the riskiest game of the night though. I’m personally using Giolito and Lester.

Nice call on that game playing

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).