3:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( 129 ) at Colorado ( -140 ) —- T: 11
    7:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 254 ) at Washington ( -280 ) —- T: 7
    7:05 PM EST : Arizona ( -103 ) at Pittsburgh ( -105 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -147 ) at Cincinnati ( 136 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -141 ) at Chi Sox ( 130 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 105 ) at Milwaukee ( -114 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 140 ) at LA Angels ( -152 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : San Diego ( 141 ) at SF Giants ( -153 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic โ€“ MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s nothing more than trying to figure out what the public is doing and then running the other direction. The ol’ “zig when they zag” is the epitome of DFS.

So on the fun filled early 2 game slate, I thought what’s a direction that not many will go.

Gibson and some Mariners. Yep, I think that’s what I’ll go with today. Maybe do one with Severino just in case.

• NarrowJ

Paxton at 8300 on DK is tempting, given the Yanks K rate. I know as soon as I load up on him, Judge and Stanton will both go yard in the first inning though.

• dmbtrip2004

so does that mean I do the opposite of you?

• superjon

Changed my severino to Paxton

A lefty against the Yanks in a hitters park.

Definitely a zag

• 7klub06

Severino/Paxton could be a good combo until they get pulled could be wrong tho.
    Thoughts on Porcello/Freeland?

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

how does one run contrarian plays on a 3 game slight? everything will have massive ownership

• superjon

@divusjulius said...

how does one run contrarian plays on a 3 game slight? everything will have massive ownership

Obviously some players will draw less ownership

Like Dozier might be the highest owned 2b

So going Nunez would be contrarian.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@divusjulius said...

On DK the most popular move in my opinion will be Paxton with either Gibson or Freeland and then a Rockies stack and cheap Twins bats. At least that’s what my dummy line up was last night and seems to be what Noto was pushing on the Grind down.

On a 3 game slate no one even remotely obvious will be low owned. I think the way to be unique will be more in you’re construction. Use Paxton, but still play Stanton. Use Gibson, but still play Betts. Stack the bottom of a line up. Don’t stack a line up in order and instead pick say, the 1-2-5-7 hitters and find random one offs. You could play Arenado, but not Story or vice versa since everyone will have them together and if one has a huge day and the other one doesn’t it could give you a leg up.

• casper

@superjon said...

fade the rockies game load up on mariner batts

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

On DK the most popular move in my opinion will be Paxton with either Gibson or Freeland and then a Rockies stack and cheap Twins bats. At least that’s what my dummy line up was last night and seems to be what Noto was pushing on the Grind down.

On a 3 game slate no one even remotely obvious will be low owned. I think the way to be unique will be more in you’re construction. Use Paxton, but still play Stanton. Use Gibson, but still play Betts. Stack the bottom of a line up. Don’t stack a line up in order and instead pick say, the 1-2-5-7 hitters and find random one offs. You could play Arenado, but not Story or vice versa since everyone will have them together and if one has a huge day and the other one doesn’t it could give you a leg up.

I’m going Paxton/Freeland with a Twins/Sox game stack plus one COL player that should be low-ish owned

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

What does this guy know though, itโ€™s not like heโ€™s ever won anything ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 7klub06

Or how about a Jose Bautista, Grossman, Morrison type for contrarian play?

• Lathum

@divusjulius said...

Take some guys in the bottom of the lineup. Everyone gravitates to the 1-4 hitters.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

What does this guy know though, itโ€™s not like heโ€™s ever won anything ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜‰

It guess it pays to be lucky. I hate the top heavy tourneys too. I was losing my ass in those $10 entry 100,000 to first NBA tourneys DK was running at the end of the year. I’d cash 30% or more of my line ups and still lose money or barely break even. I banished myself from playing them. So far this year in MLB I was just playing the tablesetter and cash games and ignoring whenever they did a swing for the fences or “super” contest. For some reason that day after doing my research in the morning I was feeling really confident with the guys I was on that day and went back and forth with whether I even wanted to bother with the big contest. Luckily I made the right decision. I spent from 4:30 pm to 7:04:59 pm hand building 50 line ups and it was the 48th one that did it.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@7klub06 said...

Or how about a Jose Bautista, Grossman, Morrison type for contrarian play?

Bautista may be contrarian, but I think Morrison and Grossman will be fairly high owned, especially Grossman since he hit that bomb last night, is cheap, and has some decent BVP against Porcello. Not that they’re bad plays. I’m on them quite a bit. I’d look at more expensive guys that are pivots from higher owned guys. Like Escobar instead of Arenado or Story.

• 7klub06

@Pandamonious said...

Bautista may be contrarian, but I think Morrison and Grossman will be fairly high owned, especially Grossman since he hit that bomb last night, is cheap, and has some decent BVP against Porcello. Not that they’re bad plays. I’m on them quite a bit. I’d look at more expensive guys that are pivots from higher owned guys. Like Escobar instead of Arenado or Story.

Yea Escobar is a good pivot in that position

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

It guess it pays to be lucky. I hate the top heavy tourneys too. I was losing my ass in those $10 entry 100,000 to first NBA tourneys DK was running at the end of the year. I’d cash 30% or more of my line ups and still lose money or barely break even. I banished myself from playing them. So far this year in MLB I was just playing the tablesetter and cash games and ignoring whenever they did a swing for the fences or “super” contest. For some reason that day after doing my research in the morning I was feeling really confident with the guys I was on that day and went back and forth with whether I even wanted to bother with the big contest. Luckily I made the right decision. I spent from 4:30 pm to 7:04:59 pm hand building 50 line ups and it was the 48th one that did it.

Give yourself some credit. Granted finishing 1st in a 70,000 entry GPP takes plent oโ€™luck, yet not everyone has the skill to put themselves in a position to get lucky.

Bet youโ€™re glad you gave the top heavy GPPs one more go…haha…good stuff man, congrats!

• lovpink

@superjon said...

So going Nunez would be contrarian.

super contrarian since he won’t play

• divusjulius

• Blogger of the Month

@Pandamonious said...

hey brag a bit! what event did you bink???

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@divusjulius said...

hey brag a bit! what event did you bink???

DK’s Super Knuckleball from Monday night

• sneaksox

@Pandamonious said...

DK’s Super Knuckleball from Monday night

Congrats!

• mike42

@lovpink said...

super contrarian since he won’t play

Playing guys that are not in the LU is contrarian. You could also use 2016 stats to make decisions, even if they were still in the minors or college. That should help you be very contrarian. People are going to totally overlook a guy who had a big 2016 in double A or at oregon state, especially if they are not scheduled to play today.

• NarrowJ

I mean really I’m just waiting for the COL lineup to come out 45 seconds after both of the other games lock with Story or Arenado sitting today so it can F up all of our lineups haha.

• keephustlincuz

@NarrowJ said...

I mean really I’m just waiting for the COL lineup to come out 45 seconds after both of the other games lock with Story or Arenado sitting today so it can F up all of our lineups haha.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see one of the main guys sit out today.

• ripking

Pandamonious: how do you cash that 100k out? All at once or in installments. They might recruit you to do a free show on RG!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).