3:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( 129 ) at Colorado ( -140 ) —- T: 11
    7:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 254 ) at Washington ( -280 ) —- T: 7
    7:05 PM EST : Arizona ( -103 ) at Pittsburgh ( -105 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -147 ) at Cincinnati ( 136 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -141 ) at Chi Sox ( 130 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 105 ) at Milwaukee ( -114 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 140 ) at LA Angels ( -152 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : San Diego ( 141 ) at SF Giants ( -153 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• biga0787

I cannot stand Stanton. Every time I play him he is garbage. I may have gotten him right one time ever in the 3 years I have been playing dfs

• biga0787

Gibson implosion coming now

• NarrowJ

Well Paxton still ended up with 15.25 DK, not terrible (and outscoring Severino by a few).

Should have grabbed some Porcello when I saw Rosario scratched.

• jtkucheck

@NarrowJ said...

Well Paxton still ended up with 15.25 DK, not terrible (and outscoring Severino by a few).

Should have grabbed some Porcello when I saw Rosario scratched.

Yeah, after that first inning thought I would be toast with Paxton. Paxton/Gibson with a full Coors game stack isn’t entirely out of the realm of cashing now I guess.

• mbunner23

@biga0787 said...

How do you pay 14.5 for a pitcher?

He’s a mile ahead of any other pitcher on this slate.

• Njsum1

@biga0787 said...

How do you pay 14.5 for a pitcher?

I click on Scherzer’s name, then I figure out what to do with the remaining $35,500 in salary.

If MLB DFS doesn’t go all MLB DFS, I’d expect at the very least modest production out of Scherzer tonight. And by modest, I mean a CGSO with 16 K’s. Haha..I kid, but do I?

• jhpog

Over the last three weeks my scores have become much more consistent; even when I’m not cashing now I’m right near the cash line and have gotten in the top 15 in a GPP this week. I’m feeling more confident than I ever have. The two main adjustments I made:

- Focusing more on Bullpens. We spend so much time analyzing the different attackable starters and almost none on the bullpens, yet if our analysis is correct and the starter gets shelled then often the bullpen with throw more innings than the starter will. The difference between a stack that gets you in the money and a stack that gets you at the top of a GPP is which one also beats up the bullpen.

- Stop playing GPPs that I can’t max entry. If you only want to spend $12, it’s better to go to a $12 single entry or a $4 3 entry max than throwing 4 $3 entires into the big GPP of the day that allows 150 entries. You’re on an uneven playing field and this game is hard enough when it’s even. It’s ok to play smaller tournaments if it means you can max enter (you even get a leg up on the people that don’t max enter themselves).

Still a long way to go but I feel like I’m on the right track

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

I click on Scherzer’s name, then I figure out what to do with the remaining $35,500 in salary.

If MLB DFS doesn’t go all MLB DFS, I’d expect at the very least modest production out of Scherzer tonight. And by modest, I mean a CGSO with 16 K’s. Haha..I kid, but do I?

He put up 44.5 DK points on the O’s in Baltimore earlier this season. Obviously no guarantees of a repeat performance, but it’s not like the O’s are a good offense in general, they’re even worse on the road. He’s averaging 35.5 DK points at home compared to 28.3 on the road. He’s the closest thing to a sure thing from either side of the plate tonight. The Cubs are the only offense that makes obvious sense to stack. It’s really a mundane gray slate outside of Max. I think you can pair him with Godley, Kuhl, or Sanchez and find enough good value bats that it’s worth it. He might score more points tonight than any other 2 pitchers combined.

• jtkucheck

@Pandamonious said...

He put up 44.5 DK points on the O’s in Baltimore earlier this season. Obviously no guarantees of a repeat performance, but it’s not like the O’s are a good offense in general, they’re even worse on the road. He’s averaging 35.5 DK points at home compared to 28.3 on the road. He’s the closest thing to a sure thing from either side of the plate tonight. The Cubs are the only offense that makes obvious sense to stack. It’s really a mundane gray slate outside of Max. I think you can pair him with Godley, Kuhl, or Sanchez and find enough good value bats that it’s worth it. He might score more points tonight than any other 2 pitchers combined.

Even if he does repeat the 45, that’s a middling performance at his salary. He’d need 60 DKpts to really be providing irreplaceable value. That’s a CG SO with like 14 Ks and very few hits/walks. I’m not saying he can’t do that, but that’s an outlier performance even for him.

• jayzee666

@Pandamonious said...

For a guy that will outscore the combined total of my other players – sign me up!

• roomchat

Can someone please simplify tonight’s weather situation for me?

After last night’s fiasco, I’m trying to avoid any more dead spots.

• Pandamonious

@jtkucheck said...

Even if he does repeat the 45, that’s a middling performance at his salary. He’d need 60 DKpts to really be providing irreplaceable value. That’s a CG SO with like 14 Ks and very few hits/walks. I’m not saying he can’t do that, but that’s an outlier performance even for him.

I don’t expect him to get 45. I’m expecting 30 and anything over is gravy. I’m going heavy on Max, because I don’t think there’s a pitcher on this slate in a spot that can even come close to him. Maybe Skaggs can sniff the mid 20’s tonight. Maybe Bumgarner finds his form Or maybe Martinez does. What I know is Scherzer will get his. Every slate there’s several mid-priced cheap hitters that put up big points. I’d rather start with Max and find those guys then roster 2 lesser pitchers in lesser spots and hope Rizzo, Thames, or any of the other higher priced guys hit bombs to make up the difference between what Max does and any other pitcher.

• NarrowJ

@jtkucheck said...

Raw points + value is the equation I always tend to stick with here. There will assuredly be an affordable pitcher who puts up a nice score, just as there will assuredly be a few cheap bats that put up 15+ points. If a Scherzer + Martinez/Godley/whoever combo can get you 60 points (lets say 38 from Scherzer, 22 from the other guy) for 22k then you still have $3500 per position to spend on hitters, and with a value bat or two you can still grab a couple 2nd tier hitters in the 4200-4800 range. The 60 points from your pitcher slots is likely way more than you’ll get from the other guys on this slate in my opinion, and there aren’t a ton of super studs to pay up for. (Trout, Goldschmidt, Harper… and you can make the same argument for those guys that you just did with Scherzer, I suppose: Trout needs 24 fp to hit 4x).

The problem is when Max goes out and has a below average performance and you’re stuck with like 42 points off of 22k in pitcher salary. But in my mind, that’s not likely to happen against the BAL team in his home park.

• NarrowJ

What’s the deal with this $2 Tablesetter thing on DK? Is this not popular? Always figured a $2 with 20 max would fill up faster than a $1 with 150 max, but it never does.

• Njsum1

@NarrowJ said...

The problem is when Max goes out and has a below average performance and you’re stuck with like 42 points off of 22k in pitcher salary. But in my mind, that’s not likely to happen against the BAL team in his home park

Is that terrible though? There have been nights where I’ve cashed with a combined 15 points off like 18 to 20k in pitching. I’m not saying it happens too often, yet it does happen enough. You’ll most likely get 42 points from your pitchers. 50 from Max and -8 from whichever gascan you pair with him 😁

• Pandamonious

@Njsum1 said...

Is that terrible though? There have been nights where I’ve cashed with a combined 15 points off like 18 to 20k in pitching. I’m not saying it happens too often, yet it does happen enough. You’ll most likely get 42 points from your pitchers. 50 from Max and -8 from whichever gascan you pair with him 😁

Seriously though. After Skaggs and maybe Bumgarner their isn’t a single pitcher I have any confidence in getting more than 15 FP’s from. If I can get 30 from Scherzer and 12 from Sanchez or 15 from Godley I’ll be happy.

• claw11x

If you are fading Max in cash, do you think it makes sense to still play Avila and Fernandez as a hedge?

• fanturds

the Orioles have quietly cut down on their K’s. Davis is out of the lineup, but that is offset by freshly activated up and coming superstar Colby Rasmus.

Max could still get his, but I am not terribly excited about 14.5K price.

still haven’t decided which way I want to go here.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Seriously though. After Skaggs and maybe Bumgarner their isn’t a single pitcher I have any confidence in getting more than 15 FP’s from. If I can get 30 from Scherzer and 12 from Sanchez or 15 from Godley I’ll be happy.

Right..I’ve got 5 lineups, all Max and a different low end Sp2 in each one (no Skaggs or Bum, not against either it’s just too much fake dollars to spend on pitching)..haha

• richierich

Hello guys.

Everyday poster last season and I’m back. Spent most of the first half really focusing on the book and betting baseball. Has been going quite well or else it wouldn’t have kept me away from DFS for so long. However, the last two weeks have been a headache and I need a break to reset.

Looking over the slate, it is quite apparent that betting knowledge does not translate to DFS knowledge. Last year I knew this stuff in my sleep. First day back this season and I am a bit off-balance.

I feel like fading Scherzer… but that’s a tough call. No clear stack in mind, but I do like the Nats vs Gausman and some Cubs left-handed bats vs Harvey in those small ball parks.

• richierich

I really, really hate Zack Godley. Tempted… but that weird looking f*k can blow up in any given spot.

• Pandamonious

@claw11x said...

If you are fading Max in cash, do you think it makes sense to still play Avila and Fernandez as a hedge?

I wouldn’t personally. You’re fading Max so you don’t have to play Avila who has done nothing this year and Fernandez who always gets pinch hit for. Panik is in a way better spot and only 400 more than Fernandez, unless you were playing him at 1st, which I wouldn’t. I think you’‘ll want Rizzo or Votto. Barnhart is only 600 more than Avila and is batting 2nd in a better park against a pitcher that isn’t all that much better. Even if the game gets rained out his production will probably equal Avila’s.

• madmanjayWV

@roomchat said...

Can someone please simplify tonight’s weather situation for me?

After last night’s fiasco, I’m trying to avoid any more dead spots.

THey already PPD the one game…not seeing much 2bh at this point about an hour out from lock

CURRENT WEATHER concerns?
    CUBS@REDS — STORMS are coming (been getting hammered here in W.Va. all day, rain coming up from the South) — doesn’t show much first 2 hours

• richierich

Wow, I don’t recognize any of you guys. lol. Wouldn’t have gone on that diatribe if had peeped the thread beforehand.

Anyway, Roth is saying things look decent for CIN/CHC

• keephustlincuz

@claw11x said...

Max is prone to solo shots. I think if you are playing him tonight it makes sense to pick one balt player you think has a chance for a hr.. just to save money. I like peterson or jones.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).