4:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 102 ) at Milwaukee ( -111 ) —- T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at Cleveland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 162 ) at Seattle ( -176 ) —- T: 9
    7:15 PM EST : Atlanta ( 106 ) at Washington ( -114 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:15 PM EST : Houston ( 153 ) at NY Yankees ( -166 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 226 ) at LA Dodgers ( -248 ) —- T: 8
    9:05 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 174 ) at Texas ( -189 ) —- T: 10.5
    10:10 PM EST : San Francisco ( 0 ) at Arizona ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RatedDAL

I have a lineup I like in tonight’s Main Slate but I keep asking myself if I can really see the winning lineup with Zack Godley in it and I just cannot.

• maibockaddict

What the heck is with the pitcher pricing on the early (4PM) DK slate? 11K for Castillo in Mikwaukee? 10.3 K for Chirinos? In fact, every pitcher is priced to where the upside is 2X or less. How the heck is Johnson $7600 when he has pitched 2 innings only once in 6 appearances? Velasquez has gone 9 straight starts without getting more than 7 points and he is 8700? Ugh!

• superjon

@RatedDAL said...

I have a lineup I like in tonight’s Main Slate but I keep asking myself if I can really see the winning lineup with Zack Godley in it and I just cannot.

Is there a reason you would even consider Godley?

1. Pitch count is all over the place. Last 5 games: 75, 58, 14, 12, 46
    2. K/9 over last 20 starts is 7.1
    3. ERA over last 20 starts is 6.17
    4. He’s only scored 30+ FD points once this season

If Godley is in the winning LU, I’ll live with myself.

• superjon

Main slate, I’d rank the pitchers

Lynn
    Ryu
    Anibal

• rourke441

ryu is solid but colorado is hitting .370 vs him

• DailyDonater

Very Early slate thoughts? Obvious Minnesota rightie stack with Wheeler Gas

• am03wins

Milone is my favorite pitcher of the day. Anyone have any insight as to how Civale might fare today?

• RatedDAL

@superjon said...

Is there a reason you would even consider Godley?

1. Pitch count is all over the place. Last 5 games: 75, 58, 14, 12, 46
    2. K/9 over last 20 starts is 7.1
    3. ERA over last 20 starts is 6.17
    4. He’s only scored 30+ FD points once this season

If Godley is in the winning LU, I’ll live with myself.

Other than price and maybe he stumbles into a win, not really.

That’s why I’m sure to talk myself out of it before tonight.

• Sleazygreazy

@DailyDonater said...

Waiting on weather in St. Louis, but yes obvious min righty stacks. Quintana seems cheap enough to give a shot (FD)

• ripking

I’m only playing a 25 cent in that turbo slate. Not risking any money on bad weather in St. louis. Good luck everyone.

• Njsum1

@maibockaddict said...

What the heck is with the pitcher pricing on the early (4PM) DK slate? 11K for Castillo in Mikwaukee? 10.3 K for Chirinos? In fact, every pitcher is priced to where the upside is 2X or less. How the heck is Johnson $7600 when he has pitched 2 innings only once in 6 appearances? Velasquez has gone 9 straight starts without getting more than 7 points and he is 8700? Ugh!

Do you want every pitcher to be priced perfectly? There would be absolutely no edge. Imo…the only edge in MLB DFS is being able to identify value and overpricing in pitching.

Hitting is what it is…you’re either on the right hitters (stack), or you’re not. Or you make enough lineups to cover almost everything hitting wise, which most people don’t do.

Edit…pitching on the early does suck. Not much I like. I’d like VV if I hear they’ll let him go 90 pitches. Kinda just gonna gamble on the Cleveland callup and mix some other guys in.

Edit edit…yet even that callup Civale makes me nervous. He’s got reverse splits, not great versus the tigers. Pitching is terrible on the early..terrible

• Njsum1

@DailyDonater said...

Not so obvious…I like that the total has moved up. Yet Duffy has a good History versus Minnesota. Could see this going either way.

• Sleazygreazy

Accuweather forecast looks great, weather app – not so much. Roth is on a plane?! 🙄 is he allowed to that

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

For anyone playing the early slate…

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-player-values-june-22-early-slate-3058354

• DailyDonater

I want to play Alonso and a couple cheap mets righties but the wind blowing in is making me nervous, Especially in Wrigley Field. Hudson kills Righties and all due respect to trout but I’m not sure i could pay up for that matchup.

• am03wins

@am03wins said...

Milone is my favorite pitcher of the day. Anyone have any insight as to how Civale might fare today?

Mancini is in the lineup today. Not quite as confident now, but I still think it’s a good spot

• DailyDonater

LAA game delayed. No EST.

• RatedDAL

80 game suspension for Frankie Montas.

• Sleazygreazy

@RatedDAL said...

80 game suspension for Frankie Montas.

We landed on the moon!

• biga0787

What’s ownership going to look like in laa/stl game?

• Sleazygreazy

@DailyDonater said...

LAA game delayed. No EST.

Starts in 30 minutes

• RatedDAL

@biga0787 said...

What’s ownership going to look like in laa/stl game?

Game seems like it will play fine and it’s only 3 game slate so I don’t expect ownership to drop much.

• biga0787

Was hoping it would be super low

• ASitar

Arcia is a lock for 18+ DK and he’s batting 6th and is $2,800 on DK

• biga0787

And on fd that’s not the case

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.