2:15 PM EST : Minnesota ( -145 ) at Kansas City ( 134 ) —- T: 10
    2:20 PM EST : NY Mets ( -105 ) at Chi Cubs ( -103 ) —- T: —
    3:05 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 125 ) at Texas ( -136 ) —- T: 11.5
    4:07 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 181 ) at Oakland ( -198 ) —- T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 181 ) at LA Dodgers ( -198 ) —- T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 132 ) at Arizona ( -143 ) —- T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 160 ) at Seattle ( -174 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( 123 ) at St. Louis ( -133 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic ā€“ MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

I know I’m not going to win today. Know why?

Because I have zero exposure to any of the teams with implied run totals of 5+

• captainwacky

@superjon said...

I know I’m not going to win today. Know why?

Because I have zero exposure to any of the teams with implied run totals of 5+

I haven’t built a lineup without a Marlin or Padre yet, so at least you and are on the same crazy boat (or a similar one).

• telestraightshooter

When will MLB finally realize that the NFL revenue sharing model grows the national interest better than their oldOldOldSchool scheme that predates TV?

Btw, a small fanbase & a hopeless team In OAK is the genesis of DFS.

• telestraightshooter

Here’s an off the wall sabermetric-

One is more likely to be the victim of a foul ball resulting in medical attention than being wounded by a school shooting.

How many kids must die before MLB goes full Japanese netting?
    [/ Touch of sarcasm]

• captainwacky

@telestraightshooter said...

Here’s an off the wall sabermetric-

One is more likely to be the victim of a foul ball resulting in medical attention than being wounded by a school shooting.

How many kids must die before MLB goes full Japanese netting?
    [/ Touch of sarcasm]

I mean… I don’t even think that math sounds correct, ethical comparison aside.

• captainwacky

To be fair, you didn’t list the math… but I’d love to see what the rationale/work is for it, because any quick metric I just did in my head seems like that’s way off.

• mnstone14

Not sure if it matters that theres such heavy wind blowing in in texas, but god help me im playing adrian sampson.

• superjon

@captainwacky said...

I haven’t built a lineup without a Marlin or Padre yet, so at least you and are on the same crazy boat (or a similar one).

Some Marlin bats. ONly Padre I have is Luchessi

Taking a shot on Degrom because he’s hot.

My favorite game to stack is ATL/WAS and I think the Yankees could have a big game as well.

• am03wins

@superjon said...

Some Marlin bats. ONly Padre I have is Luchessi

Taking a shot on Degrom because he’s hot.

My favorite game to stack is ATL/WAS and I think the Yankees could have a big game as well.

I’m in the same boat as you hitting wise. I have a few one offs from the Yankees in my Braves stacks because Verlander is almost guaranteed to give up at least 1 home run. Judge at 4,000 on DK seems like a good candidate.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

ATL MIN TEX CWS MIA SD CIN are my stacks
    May add BOS and or MIL

100% Plesac/Lucchesi
    šŸ™

• mr_papageorgio

@mnstone14 said...

Not sure if it matters that theres such heavy wind blowing in in texas, but god help me im playing adrian sampson.

FWIW weather edge shows a 12% HR and 18% run increase for 104 games with similar conditions. That said, I stacked that game so it will probably end 1-0 with Ivan Nova pitching a perfect game.

• madmanjayWV

You’ve been warned — I’m going Woodruff and Plesac on DK – looks great on paper like a Teajs-White Sox game stack….I should probably just start over

• NYGfan1983

@captainwacky said...

i have a lot of MIA exposure ….

stacks and one offs.

even like yamamoto

phillys suck right now but they’ll put up 10+ today because im fading that whole team

• yisman

FWIW, it likely starts raining in Chicago at some point during the Cubs game.

blew basically my entire fantasydraft bankroll last night on high dollar contests. Ryu/Lambert and Tanaka/Godley. Two bad lineups, both very costly. Chalk Yankees stack disappointed too.

• keephustlincuz

How many innings before I regret Brault?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Added one Woodruff/DeLosSantos because I like to waste more money on a edge lineup

• yisman

re: Verlander

This is his highest DK salary of the season. He’s never been 12k before. And this is his toughest matchup of the season.

• BigPod

@madmanjayWV said...

You’ve been warned — I’m going Woodruff and Plesac on DK – looks great on paper like a Teajs-White Sox game stack….I should probably just start over

Iā€™m rolling with same two pitchers and Braves stack with Choo and couple other one offs, torn between using Judge or Harper , probably rolling with Harper in cash, Judge in tourneys

• kdub

Woodruff ownership is going to be outrageous

• superjon

@kdub said...

Why?

• mr_papageorgio

@kdub said...

As it should be for his DK price. I’m mildly worried that Dietrich gets hit again and he gets tossed but it doesn’t seem like it’s been intentional/the Reds don’t seem mad about it.

I went with him and Norris. CLE is bad and has struggled against lefties. Very risky but that’s how you win GPPs.

• am03wins

@kdub said...

I hope so

• captainwacky

Yeah… I just ate the woodruff/plesac chalk. Both of those prices and matchups are so good relative to everything else… if it implodes, so be it.

• telestraightshooter

@captainwacky said...

To be fair, you didn’t list the math… but I’d love to see what the rationale/work is for it, because any quick metric I just did in my head seems like that’s way off.

Fair enough, there are 2 parts to this reality vs perception postulate

- accuracy of shaded information sources.

- recognizing how emotional biases (we are human, hence we all have them) shade our judgement.

I will sift thru the math when I am back from Mtn biking on a several miles wide expanse of slightly banked najavo sandstone…. it kinda like a skatePark on a massive scale.

• biga0787

Hoping de los santos is serviceable

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).