8:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( -116 ) at Chi Cubs ( 107 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -115 ) at Minnesota ( 106 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 153 ) at Milwaukee ( -166 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 241 ) at Houston ( -266 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Oakland ( 118 ) at St. Louis ( -127 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 0 ) at Arizona ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:45 PM EST : Colorado ( 0 ) at San Francisco ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:07 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 146 ) at LA Angels ( -159 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Cole and Allen on FD

• bucherpsu08

Allen is intriguing but I’ll be interested to see that O/U. It is hot and humid as hell here in Baltimore this week.

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

Updated…the Padres are my new top stack:

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-player-values-june-25-3059738

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Captainwacky – your boy Franmil is $2800 and in Baltimore against yacagascan – 100% exposure?

• me_mike84

DK pricing is crazy. Scherzer seems impossible to play at 12.4K. you’d have to play a 6K pitcher or less to leave DECENT room for bats. and so many hitters are priced about 5K-high 4K

• realphipps

So winds are blowing out in like half of the parks tonight? This should be fun.

• Njsum1

@me_mike84 said...

DK pricing is crazy. Scherzer seems impossible to play at 12.4K. you’d have to play a 6K pitcher or less to leave DECENT room for bats. and so many hitters are priced about 5K-high 4K

I’m always wary of taking a high priced right handed ace versus the Marlins, especially Scherzer who has a surprisingly bad history versus these guys. Mid range right handed pitchers have been doing well lately versus the Marlins and can normally be had in the 7 to 9k range.

However, the Marlins lineup has been a bit weaker lately, and if you think this is the game Scherzer Fans 15 and goes CGSO, you can pair him with an 8k pitcher and punt catcher, and use one other under 3k guy in another spot. That will give you around 4100 for the remaining 6 bats. Which would be enough if Max hangs a 40 spot.

• NedRyerson

This Tigers/Rangers game could be very sneaky tonight.

• Njsum1

@NedRyerson said...

This Tigers/Rangers game could be very sneaky tonight.

Watch out for that first step…it’s a doooozie 🤔😉😁

• me_mike84

@Njsum1 said...

I’m always wary of taking a high priced right handed ace versus the Marlins, especially Scherzer who has a surprisingly bad history versus these guys. Mid range right handed pitchers have been doing well lately versus the Marlins and can normally be had in the 7 to 9k range.

However, the Marlins lineup has been a bit weaker lately, and if you think this is the game Scherzer Fans 15 and goes CGSO, you can pair him with an 8k pitcher and punt catcher, and use one other under 3k guy in another spot. That will give you around 4100 for the remaining 6 bats. Which would be enough if Max hangs a 40 spot.

i’m gonna play around with a few lineup builds….pitching has been so inconsistent as a whole and i’ve been very cautious to spend up on a pitcher. if it were a smaller slate maybe….but the more i am looking, there are some other decent options for less money. if i fade scherzer and he puts up a CGSO then oh well

• Njsum1

@me_mike84 said...

i’m gonna play around with a few lineup builds….pitching has been so inconsistent as a whole and i’ve been very cautious to spend up on a pitcher. if it were a smaller slate maybe….but the more i am looking, there are some other decent options for less money. if i fade scherzer and he puts up a CGSO then oh well

I’ll probably do 7 or 8 lineups, I’ll have 2 Scherzer. 🤷‍♂️

• Jameson12

Scherzer is a fade here. For some reason the Marlins do OK against him. Not gonna pay up for him.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

Captainwacky – your boy Franmil is $2800 and in Baltimore against yacagascan – 100% exposure?

Well I never go 100 percent exposure to any batter, but I’ll have heaps.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@captainwacky said...

Well I never go 100 percent exposure to any batter, but I’ll have heaps.

And I probably do go 100 percent at times, but only if I’m being lazy.

• BigPod

Being a Rangers fan, I really like Chavez tonight against Detroit tonight, he’s not necessarily a strikeout guy but induces a lot of ground balls and the Tigers do strike out a bunch. For $5300 on Dk I think he’s Avery viable sp2 pitcher in all formats. Might blow up in my face tonight but I’m rolling with him and probably either cole, Allen, or price. Probably the padres, Yankees, rangers bats.

• casper

Nestor Cortes could pitch 5 innings if he’s the primary pitcher he had 7 ks Vrs the sox and he’s 4 k on DK.Kyle Garlick may get a start tonight and bat 5th for the dogers at 2200.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@BigPod said...

Being a Rangers fan, I really like Chavez tonight against Detroit tonight, he’s not necessarily a strikeout guy but induces a lot of ground balls and the Tigers do strike out a bunch. For $5300 on Dk I think he’s Avery viable sp2 pitcher in all formats. Might blow up in my face tonight but I’m rolling with him and probably either cole, Allen, or price. Probably the padres, Yankees, rangers bats.

Yikes

• madmanjayWV

always love looking at VegasInsider = Starter-Based Trend of the Day:

— The Indians are 7-0 SU in franchise history as a favorite of more than 125 with Shane Bieber when they lost his last start.

That’s all I needed to know on the BEEB baby — threw him in a LU with a TRIBE STACK on FD — Bobby Bradley only up $200 to $2.2K —

Just a slew of SMASH (potential) spots tonight —

Kinda liked a wide-eyed gamble on Ooh-that-SMELL, but saw the V.I. Straight up Play against trend of the day and said – nah —

The Rays are 0-14 SU in the first game of a road series with rest when they are off a game as a road dog and they are playing a team that has a better record.

Not sure I want to go with ALLEN @ CAMDEN YARDS, but still kicking myself for not having a share in his first start.

Gonna need a fat huge score to take down a GPP 2 nite and the cashline should be pretty crazy as well.

Need to find tonight’s Jon Gray, who I was all over yesterday and then pussed out on and went with E-FRAUD and his crap start for Boston, which I guess 2-nite BEANTOWN is looking like the only potential weather issue.

• scott1489

@madmanjayWV said...

always love looking at VegasInsider = Starter-Based Trend of the Day:

— The Indians are 7-0 SU in franchise history as a favorite of more than 125 with Shane Bieber when they lost his last start.

That’s all I needed to know on the BEEB baby — threw him in a LU with a TRIBE STACK on FD — Bobby Bradley only up $200 to $2.2K —

Just a slew of SMASH (potential) spots tonight —

Kinda liked a wide-eyed gamble on Ooh-that-SMELL, but saw the V.I. Straight up Play against trend of the day and said – nah —

The Rays are 0-14 SU in the first game of a road series with rest when they are off a game as a road dog and they are playing a team that has a better record.

Not sure I want to go with ALLEN @ CAMDEN YARDS, but still kicking myself for not having a share in his first start.

Gonna need a fat huge score to take down a GPP 2 nite and the cashline should be pretty crazy as well.

Need to find tonight’s Jon Gray, who I was all over yesterday and then pussed out on and went with E-FRAUD and his crap start for Boston, which I guess 2-nite BEANTOWN is looking like the only potential weather issue.

Lol jon gray wasn’t the play either

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Not sure of Allen’s price on dk but on FD $8500 is a joke. I wouldn’t play him with your money. That game has 12-9 written all over it.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Sleazygreazy said...

Not sure of Allen’s price on dk but on FD $8500 is a joke. I wouldn’t play him with your money. That game has 12-9 written all over it.

He’s 8.1 on DK and I don’t think he’s in play there either, but I’d be shocked if the O’s scored 9 runs. Blown. Away. Guy isn’t that bad and the Padres have a pretty strong pen behind him. Could be wrong. I wanted to like the O’s as an ultimate sneaky stack today. I turned that rock over for a while this morning and found nothing.

On the other hand, Padres scoring 12 runs wouldn’t shock me at all.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

He’s 8.1 on DK and I don’t think he’s in play there either, but I’d be shocked if the O’s scored 9 runs. Blown. Away. Guy isn’t that bad and the Padres have a pretty strong pen behind him. Could be wrong. I wanted to like the O’s as an ultimate sneaky stack today. I turned that rock over for a while this morning and found nothing.

On the other hand, Padres scoring 12 runs wouldn’t shock me at all.

I think an ultimate sneaky stack today could be the cardinals. They gotta wake up eventually right? If I was doing more than 6 lineups I’d throw a stack in….still might. At least on fanduel I think Bassett ownership will be through the roof

• zline34

Yankees always first game of the slate against a terrible pitcher. Gets annoying.

• EricQ23

Bassit vs the cards sounds ok to me

• casper

@zline34 said...

Yankees always first game of the slate against a terrible pitcher. Gets annoying.

implied total 7.75

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler