7:35 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 138 ) at Atlanta ( -150 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : San Diego ( -102 ) at Texas ( -106 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -127 ) at Chi Sox ( 117 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 190 ) at Milwaukee ( -208 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 230 ) at Houston ( -253 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -171 ) at St. Louis ( 157 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 148 ) at LA Dodgers ( -161 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 119 ) at SF Giants ( -129 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Favorite Pitchers

Freddy PeraltaMIL
    Anibal Sanchez – ATL
    Charlie MortonHOU
    Ross StriplingLAD
    Luis SeverinoNYY
    Jake ArrietaPHI

Favorite Teams

ARI
    ATL
    BAL
    CWS
    MIA
    MIL
    PIT
    SEA

• bucherpsu08

Why Baltimore?

• superjon

@bucherpsu08 said...

Why Baltimore?

Paxton weak against Righties. Will be low owned.

I wouldn’t go overboard, but I think they have potential.

• bucherpsu08

@superjon said...

Paxton weak against Righties. Will be low owned.

I wouldn’t go overboard, but I think they have potential.

Where are you getting that info? .249 wOBA, .141 ISO vs righties on the year.

• superjon

@bucherpsu08 said...

Where are you getting that info? .249 wOBA, .141 ISO vs righties on the year.

True.

He also has a 46 FB and 36 HC vs righties

• ehylton

@superjon said...

True.

He also has a 46 FB and 36 HC vs righties

Manny hits Paxton well, I’ll do a mini stack just in case

• mattyice522

who do you guys like in MVP slot on single game slate

• superjon

@mattyice522 said...

who do you guys like in MVP slot on single game slate

I played Rendon

• NarrowJ

Who hits the solo shot for TB today? Some terd like Wendle probably?

• superjon

@NarrowJ said...

Who hits the solo shot for TB today? Some terd like Wendle probably?

Ramos

• NarrowJ

@superjon said...

Ramos

Nah. That would make it too easy haha.

• EricQ23

Lance Lynn is throwing a no-hitter tonight. you heard it hear first

• homers1226

@EricQ23 said...

when lynn was on the cards ,he always got a lot of run support for some reason

he be pitching a decent game then just implode ,3rd 4th,5th inning

I wouldn’t bet on it

• NarrowJ

@EricQ23 said...

Eovaldi doing that right now thru 5 frames lol

• dlogreen

@homers1226 said...

when lynn was on the cards ,he always got a lot of run support for some reason

he be pitching a decent game then just implode ,3rd 4th,5th inning

I wouldn’t bet on it

Careful on the weather

• EricQ23

anything is possible. haha

• richierich

Flash flood warning in Chicago tonight.

• dlogreen

LOL what is happening in this game

• biga0787

If I was Taylor I would have busted romo in his mouth.

• dlogreen

@biga0787 said...

If I was Taylor I would have busted romo in his mouth.

That was such a weird 9th inning.. Romo still salty over the Taylor swipe awhile ago lol

• biga0787

Lol must have been. That was shitty though. Weren’t the nats winning like 9-1 or something

• mike42

@richierich said...

Flash flood warning in Chicago tonight.

If it’s rained out, he still effectively called a no-hitter by Lynn tonight. Kind of remarkable as long as you don’t think about it.

• dmsr320

RG Grind Down=Peralta will be the trendy pick tonight and it’s easy to see why. In his first three major league starts, he has a 2.84 SIERA with a strikeout rate of 41%. We are working with a very small sample size, but he has been dominant at every level that he’s pitched at. He draws an exploitable matchup tonight against the Royals, whose projected lineup has a 29% strikeout rate against right-handed pitching this season

RG Pitching Primer=”(player-popup #freddy-peralta)Freddy Peralta”:/players/freddy-peralta-42165 makes his first career home start. He’s been great against the Rockies and Pirates (20 Ks, 0 R), but was terrible in Minnesota (6 BB, 4 R). He’s thrown his four-seamer 83.9% of the time. It’s not that great a pitch (91.4 mph) and his location has been all over the place. That, the negative run environment and the Royals don’t strike out (18.9% vs RHP is lowest split on the board by a full point).

WTF? Royals strike out 29% or 18.9% against RHP? That’s a huge discrepancy….SMH

• ezellmt

RG Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2015 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@dmsr320 said...

RG Grind Down=Peralta will be the trendy pick tonight and it’s easy to see why. In his first three major league starts, he has a 2.84 SIERA with a strikeout rate of 41%. We are working with a very small sample size, but he has been dominant at every level that he’s pitched at. He draws an exploitable matchup tonight against the Royals, whose projected lineup has a 29% strikeout rate against right-handed pitching this season

RG Pitching Primer=”(player-popup #freddy-peralta)Freddy Peralta”:/players/freddy-peralta-42165 makes his first career home start. He’s been great against the Rockies and Pirates (20 Ks, 0 R), but was terrible in Minnesota (6 BB, 4 R). He’s thrown his four-seamer 83.9% of the time. It’s not that great a pitch (91.4 mph) and his location has been all over the place. That, the negative run environment and the Royals don’t strike out (18.9% vs RHP is lowest split on the board by a full point).

WTF? Royals strike out 29% or 18.9% against RHP? That’s a huge discrepancy….SMH

The first number (29%) is for the initial Royals projected lineup tonight. The 18.9% number is their average for the season. The actual Royals lineup for tonight is at 20.5% because they went w/ a different lineup than originally projected.

• Njsum1

@ezellmt said...

The first number (29%) is for the initial Royals projected lineup tonight. The 18.9% number is their average for the season. The actual Royals lineup for tonight is at 20.5% because they went w/ a different lineup than originally projected.

The difference from the projected lineup to the actual doesn’t account for a 9% team difference. What most likely happened is that the pitcher, Junis, who has 1 at bat versus righties this season and struck out was factored in at a 100% k rate.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).