7:05 PM EST : NY Mets ( 131 ) at Philadelphia ( -142 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( -148 ) at Miami ( 137 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Texas ( 101 ) at Detroit ( -109 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:15 PM EST : Oakland ( 0 ) at St. Louis ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 111 ) at Chi Cubs ( -120 ) —- T: —
    8:07 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 0 ) at LA Angels ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -101 ) at Minnesota ( -107 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BigRay

How much Bamboo is Brad Miler buying for the Phillies today?

• scott1489

The data detective is on fiyaaa. Besides renfoe screw they guy. He cost me millions lol

• winnerchickendinner

Got my first top 50 in dks big gpp yesterday. My new process is looking promising. Hopefully it will sustain.

• me_mike84

i have no idea what to do with this early slate…..probably not the smartest idea but i think i have to fade chris sale?

my guess is that the popular pitching combo will be sale/straham and i’d like to differentiate…..

thoughts?

• RobertoTomba

Jeff Samardzija, getting ready to start against the Rockies:

• superjon

@me_mike84 said...

i have no idea what to do with this early slate…..probably not the smartest idea but i think i have to fade chris sale?

my guess is that the popular pitching combo will be sale/straham and i’d like to differentiate…..

thoughts?

I’m 100% sale so a fade should be good.

I kind of liked Junis but can’t pull the trigger.

Also fading Yanks and Tribe so be sure to stack them

• Njsum1

@me_mike84 said...

thoughts?

Hate giving baseball advice, cause even the smartest person in the room (and im certainly not claiming to be) will be wrong more often then he/she is right. And while anything can happen…I’m not fading Sale. He’s the reason I’m playing the slate. 🤷‍♂️

• RobertoTomba

@me_mike84 said...

thoughts?

I tried to fit Sale in, and his salary eats up so much of the total. I like Paxton in the early slate.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

I think if you’re playing one lineup, you can make a case either direction for Sale (though I’d play him). As soon as you start to have a portfolio with many shares, I would be overweight rather than underweight on Sale.

• superjon

As for the random punt that gets a homer.

Cam Gallagher

• me_mike84

@captainwacky said...

I think if you’re playing one lineup, you can make a case either direction for Sale (though I’d play him). As soon as you start to have a portfolio with many shares, I would be overweight rather than underweight on Sale.

yeah i only do 1 lineup with my entries. i decided that i’m just gonna play him because i’ll wind up regretting it….and i’ll fit in whichever bats i can. just going to pray that some of the popular bats don’t produce!

• me_mike84

@RobertoTomba said...

I tried to fit Sale in, and his salary eats up so much of the total. I like Paxton in the early slate.

i’m just gonna do it. yes, his salary does eat up so much of the total but i think there are some cheaper bats that have home run potential. gonna do the best i can with it!

• lotusbomb

@me_mike84 said...

thoughts?

I don’t want to play him either. there are 2-3 games where you can pay up for bats.

if I lock him in, I have to use one of those risky 6000-7000 range guys who may get blown up and if sale himself doesn’t get 30+ your screwed out of a high finish.

• me_mike84

@lotusbomb said...

I don’t want to play him either. there are 2-3 games where you can pay up for bats.

if I lock him in, I have to use one of those risky 6000-7000 range guys who may get blown up and if sale himself doesn’t get 30+ your screwed out of a high finish.

that was exactly what i was thinking…..those 6-7K guys are extremely risky and have potential to get blown up. although it seems these days that all pitchers have the potential to get blown up.

• RobertoTomba

@lotusbomb said...

I know I make fun of him every time I see him (and I just did again, above), but I do like Jeff Samardzija in the middle slate. The Rockies aren’t so tough away from home, at a normal altitude.

• monarch

I like the Sale/Paxton builds but I do have some Sale/Strahm and had a Junis LU but I had to rebuild that one. I don’t mind Junis but I don’t have him…he is much better for some reason during the day….HRs way down.

• dsoglin33

I think Sale’s a lock for the early game. There are a few above average punts. Should be able to get a solid lineup with him

• lotusbomb

@RobertoTomba said...

I know I make fun of him every time I see him (and I just did again, above), but I do like Jeff Samardzija in the middle slate. The Rockies aren’t so tough away from home, at a normal altitude.

he and strahm are what I’m afraid of with fading sale. let’s face it anything can happen but sale is probably getting 30+. If either one of those two break twenty it probably wont be worth it to fade him.

• tristanwolf

@me_mike84 said...

thoughts?

i’m fading. he’ll be crazy owned but his daytime e.r.a. is bad. hope the chisox hang a couple runs on him early.

• monarch

A Rockies LU would be nice. I prefer Murphy over Hosmer but would like the peace of mind to know if he is in or not.

• dsoglin33

@monarch said...

A Rockies LU would be nice. I prefer Murphy over Hosmer but would like the peace of mind to know if he is in or not.

I’m banking on Murphy being in, but yeah would be nice to see that lineup soon.

No Judge for me, even with that price tag. Burnt me last night, too.

• monarch

Sale apparently back to his early season form

• RatedDAL

Are you freaking kidding me Sale?

• sneaksox

@tristanwolf said...

i’m fading. he’ll be crazy owned but his daytime e.r.a. is bad. hope the chisox hang a couple runs on him early.

I’m with you. 50% owned, hope it was the right call!

• deadphish

RG Overall Ranking

Moncada just got pinch run for?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler