7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 108 ) at NY Mets ( -117 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 128 ) at Boston ( -139 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Arizona ( -152 ) at Miami ( 140 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : San Diego ( 126 ) at Texas ( -136 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -139 ) at Chi Sox ( 128 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -104 ) at St. Louis ( -104 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 129 ) at LA Dodgers ( -140 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 134 ) at SF Giants ( -145 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• yisman

stupid baserunning by Duvall, but he was fortunate. Culberson dropped the ball.

Now the pitcher batting 8th really bites the Reds as Castillo can’t bunt or hit and they have two men on with 1 out.

• Jonas137

@yisman said...

stupid baserunning by Duvall, but he was fortunate. Culberson dropped the ball.

Now the pitcher batting 8th really bites the Reds as Castillo can’t bunt or hit and they have two men on with 1 out.

Got one early against a chalkier pitcher at least

• biga0787

God I knew I shouldn’t take newcomb. I don’t know why people are high on him. He isn’t very good. Anytime I have watched him he is below average

• heeseop

That would be me :(

• heeseop

I completely faded Newcomb and Freeman… decided to be contrarian and pick up Votto on FD. Hope it ends up working out.

Went with Castillo on DK, working out well now, but who knows with Castillo. Might be smooth sailing and then implode.

• yisman

I wanted to have exposure to both Freeman and Altuve in tier 1 in pick’em, but I have basically all Freeman because I spotted two WTA contests with only 2/4 entered with a few seconds left. I also have Freeman in the Gold Glove. Better than having Votto, but I sure wish I had Aguilar!

Entered both and of course Freeman locked right then so I couldn’t pivot.

Freeman I thought projected slightly better than Altuve today, but it was fairly close.

• heeseop

@yisman said...

I wanted to have exposure to both Freeman and Altuve in tier 1 in pick’em, but I have basically all Freeman because I spotted two WTA contests with only 2/4 entered with a few seconds left. I also have Freeman in the Gold Glove. Better than having Votto, but I sure wish I had Aguilar!

Entered both and of course Freeman locked right then so I couldn’t pivot.

Freeman I thought projected slightly better than Altuve today, but it wasn’t a big gap or anything.

I changed to Votto last minute on FD, and switched to Aguilar on DK. Didn’t like that Albies wasn’t in the lineup and decided to go all-in on Castillo to free me up to get all the expensive bats on Milwaukee and Houston. My DK strategy is working out right now, but the big fat Votto 0 hurts. Good that I have Peraza and looks like lots of folks loaded up on ATL, so that might end up working out in my favor still.

• richierich

@biga0787 said...

God I knew I shouldn’t take newcomb. I don’t know why people are high on him. He isn’t very good. Anytime I have watched him he is below average

?

You know he pitches other than when you watch him, right? His numbers are stellar. He’s very good.

• 7klub06

Wasn’t expecting Castillo to dominate the Braves

• richierich

@biga0787 said...

?

You know he pitches other than when you watch him, right? His numbers are stellar. He’s very good.

• yisman

@heeseop said...

I changed to Votto last minute on FD, and switched to Aguilar on DK. Didn’t like that Albies wasn’t in the lineup and decided to go all-in on Castillo to free me up to get all the expensive bats on Milwaukee and Houston. My DK strategy is working out right now, but the big fat Votto 0 hurts. Good that I have Peraza and looks like lots of folks loaded up on ATL, so that might end up working out in my favor still.

I spent a bit of time on my lineup. It was looking like Suter or Duffy for SP2 for me but I finally decided that the weather in Atlanta was looking good and Castillo at a cheap price allowed me to avoid punting any position. The thing that pushed me over the edge was Albies sitting. Albies makes a huge difference for that lineup.

Freeman 11 pitch AB and counting, 9th pitch he hit down the left field line, barely curled foul. Very close to a homer.

• yisman

@7klub06 said...

Wasn’t expecting Castillo to dominate the Braves

A walk and two hits since you posted this.

You got to Castillo!

2 outs, no one on, 11 pitch walk, single, single

• heeseop

And there’s the implosion…

• yisman

full meltdown mode engaged

now three straight hits

he dominated and the wheels came off once he walked Freeman

Familiar with Castillo. He can’t deal with adversity. Many starts he’s rolling, then something happens and he just folds like a house of cards.

• richierich

This is classic Castillo. Dudes got fantastic stuff, but he struggles to string it together for a full outing.

• richierich

@yisman said...

full meltdown mode engaged

now three straight hits

he dominated and the wheels came off once he walked Freeman

Familiar with Castillo. He can’t deal with adversity. Many starts he’s rolling, then something happens and he just folds like a house of cards.

He struggles to pitch out of the stretch. His velo and movement drops when he has to. It isn’t anything supernatural or even mental. He also just struggles with his command, overall. Second time through the order usually burns him.

• yisman

four straight hits and 5 straight have reached safely

guy should’ve been out at the plate but the throw was wide

• 7klub06

@yisman said...

A walk and two hits since you posted this.

You got to Castillo!

2 outs, no one on, 11 pitch walk, single, single

Now the Atlanta bats are coming alive alittle

• richierich

Lol

It’s a single party!

• yisman

five straight hits

Castillo may not get out of the 4th

I had dreams of cashing in big contests and now I’m dead.

• richierich

@7klub06 said...

Now the Atlanta bats are coming alive alittle

All started with that phenomenal 10 pitch walk worked by Freeman with 2 out and nobody on too.

• richierich

Okay Newcomb.

0 ER’s through the next two innings and a K per inning = 43 FD points if ATL holds onto win.

Do able… needs to keep the pitch count from getting jacked up this inning.

• biga0787

@richierich said...

?

I know. His numbers are good. Every time I watch him he looks average. I’m not one who believes watching or picking changes outcome. But it sure seems that way sometimes. Every ab today I have watched he has given up a hit. I’m don’t watching him for the day lol

• yisman

@richierich said...

All started with that phenomenal 10 pitch walk worked by Freeman with 2 out and nobody on too.

11 pitches!

• biga0787

I lied just watched Peraza get a hit off of him

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.