7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 108 ) at NY Mets ( -117 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 128 ) at Boston ( -139 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Arizona ( -152 ) at Miami ( 140 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : San Diego ( 126 ) at Texas ( -136 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -139 ) at Chi Sox ( 128 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -104 ) at St. Louis ( -104 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 129 ) at LA Dodgers ( -140 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 134 ) at SF Giants ( -145 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• LetsCash

Does anybody know anyone that wins consistently on GPP?

From what I’ve seen baseball has the most luck involved of all the DFS sports.

For example: Minor has a perfect game going through 6. I’ve stacked against Minor A LOT this season, that guy is TERRIBLE! There is absolutely no science or no amount of research that leads him to a spot in your lineup.

• fanturds

@LetsCash said...

For example: Minor has a perfect game going through 6. I’ve stacked against Minor A LOT this season, that guy is TERRIBLE! There is absolutely no science or no amount of research that leads him to a spot in your lineup.

just a reminder that Phil Humber ( career ERA 5.31) has pitched a perfect game.

• 7klub06

All in On Bumgarner and wood for night slate?

• dragon1952

Way to blow the W for Wheeler….jesus efiing Christ, I just don’t freakin’ believe it…against the coldest offense in MLB : > /

• dragon1952

WTF is Gibson still in there for :^ /

• dragon1952

The best MU he’s had all year and he totally blows chunks :^ / Take him TF out!
    Jesus H…they’re leaving him in….I don’t freakin’ get it.

• madmanjayWV

Well boys, one of those nights —-
    Pirates are down 3-0 in an O/U 8 game and now it’s 5-3 PITTS

I’m working on a no-hitter myself like MIKE MINOR — hopefully you guys didn’t roster Justin Turner or Bellinger in the late slate or with any lineup…b/c they are probably going to suck

They are my only 2 guys left — still not a single point

Gleyber Torres 0-4
    Freddy Galvis 0-3
    AYDS Stanton 0-4
    Hunter Renfroe 0-3
    Wil AYDS Myers 0-3
    Manny Margot 0-4 = 0-for-21

• yisman

Despite having the two worst pitchers I wasn’t far off from cashing in the gold glove due to some hitters. I might’ve cashed had I had Aguilar like I mentioned earlier, well before he homered. Freeman did nothing aside from walking. All those runs they scored and he got 4 FP.

Still lost all the money, though. 14th of 32 https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/57521512?uc=1122381927

• dragon1952

@madmanjayWV said...

Well boys, one of those nights —-
    Pirates are down 3-0 in an O/U 8 game and now it’s 5-3 PITTS

I’m working on a no-hitter myself like MIKE MINOR — hopefully you guys didn’t roster Justin Turner or Bellinger in the late slate or with any lineup…b/c they are probably going to suck

They are my only 2 guys left — still not a single point

Gleyber Torres 0-4
    Freddy Galvis 0-3
    AYDS Stanton 0-4
    Hunter Renfroe 0-3
    Wil AYDS Myers 0-3
    Manny Margot 0-3 = 0-for-20

Seeing all the Padres I’m assuming you listen too much to the experts.

• madmanjayWV

@dragon1952 said...

NOPE — Didn’t listen to any experts, actually. Got exactly 0 Padres on DK…
    Experts would’ve had you on the great Kyle Gibson, baby…..I just loathe Mike Minor to the ends of the earth…GPP that didn’t work out…no big deal..always another slate…and here comes Wil MYERS

PS — STRIKEOUT 0 for 22…smooth…damn smooth….

• dragon1952

Come on Gordon you freakin’ turd.
    Of course….1 for freakin’ 6 in a primo MU :^ /

• txdave41

@LetsCash said...

I guess that means if you have a bad team going against a bad pitcher, the pitcher side of things is more important. Course I tried taking the pitcher against the Mets who suck bad at home and that didn’t go that great.

But yeah, I’m coming to the conclusion that data mining for answers is a massive waste of time. Someone thinks they found a process, and it might work for a little bit and then blows up in their face.

• Lathum

Arg. Forgot to change my dummy lineups for the late slate.

• feezyg

@Lathum said...

Arg. Forgot to change my dummy lineups for the late slate.

watching main slate lineups do nothing can be really distracting…

• Lathum

@feezyg said...

watching main slate lineups do nothing can be really distracting…

So can five year olds at dinner.

• zline34

Shields was a lock

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@dragon1952 said...

I know this comment wasn’t directed at me, but I just wanted to reply to it because I have to vent after this frustrating day of MLB DFS and this isn’t meant as anything negative towards you, and yes I stacked the heck out of the Padres tonight.

I do all of my own research. I don’t read what anybody writes and picks until I have decided on who I want to play. Then I look around to see if maybe I missed something or maybe there’s an interesting stat out there I overlooked. Very rarely do I ever read something like the grind down then decide to stack a team that wasn’t on my list or vice versa. Nor does it put me on or take me off a pitcher. I have no memberships to any website or tool like the BAT, although I have done the daily pass a couple of times. I have a decent amount of time on my hands, but obviously with baseball you could spend hours upon hours staring at numbers and get pulled in several different directions. Basically you can make almost anything seem good or bad if you really want to. Then the games start. Then everything you did that day to prepare for that first pitch goes out the window, because it’s baseball.

Tonight the Padres, who strike out a good amount, were playing in a hitters park in 100 degree weather against a lefty who has a mediocre K rate with only a 33% GB rate and a 44% hard hit rate to RHB’s. One thing the Padres have is RH power and it was priced pretty fairly too. They were going to put the ball in play and for the most part they did, but then again remember, it’s baseball. Just a series of line outs and fly outs was all that resulted. It’s frustrating, annoying and makes you question your entire process. The same process that has netted me some decent money this season, even a large field GPP win. I have to stand by the fact that the Padres were a great stack, but things didn’t bounce there way. If they could redo this whole night a week from now it wouldn’t shock me if the results were very different.

The A’s were a great stack too. They didn’t really work out. The Diamondbacks were a good stack, but they didn’t work out either. The Mariners were a good stack and they worked out. They were also a good stack a couple nights ago and bombed. This is how baseball is. Everything can align for greatness and all you get is 0’s, because a player can crush a ball at 100 mph and an outfielder can not even move, but to raise his glove and you get nothing. That’s baseball.

• feezyg

I think what happened here is people wanted to come up off Mike Minor more so than people thinking the Padres are any good. Stacking them made sense with Myers Renfroe Villanueva Hosmer and the ballpark, Mike Minor simply said no, its DFS

• cjs5555

@feezyg said...

I think what happened here is people wanted to come up off Mike Minor more so than people thinking the Padres are any good. Stacking them made sense with Myers Renfroe Villanueva Hosmer and the ballpark, Mike Minor simply said no, its DFS

padres matchup well vs. FB LHPs, good ballpark, good weather. didn’t work out. oh well.

• superjon

What’s the saying. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig.

Padres may have have matched up well on paper, but they’re still the Padres. A very bad baseball team.

I’m terrible at this DFS stuff, but I’m not surprised that a Redsox stack did better than a Padres stack.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.