1:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    2:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 182 ) at Houston ( -199 ) —- T: 9.5
    2:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 157 ) at Milwaukee ( -170 ) —- T: 10
    2:20 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at Chi Cubs ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( -204 ) at Miami ( 187 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -206 ) at Colorado ( 189 ) —- T: 11.5
    9:45 PM EST : Arizona ( -100 ) at SF Giants ( -108 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : Oakland ( 135 ) at LA Angels ( -146 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PhoFever

Strasburg and Nola: the Batman and Robin of aces waiting to wallop you with a -11 after you go all in on them in juicy matchups. Paxton a close 3rd place.

• superjon

Early slate thoughts.

Pitching…yuck. No idea where to go. Might just throw Bryce Wilson in one. No reason, just GPP play and lolDFS logic. And maybe some exposure to Peacock??/

Yelich…at home vs a struggling righty. Problem is that righty is Mike Leake who has owned Yelich so far. Although it’s only a 16 PA sample size.

Looking like Beeks will be the long relief for Tampa today. Give me all the Twins righties. Nelson Cruz going 2 deep today.

And finally, teams I think are worth stacking:

TEX
    MIN
    ATL
    SEA
    MIL

• RatedDAL

@PhoFever said...

Strasburg and Nola: the Batman and Robin of aces waiting to wallop you with a -11 after you go all in on them in juicy matchups. Paxton a close 3rd place.

The role of Superman shall be played by Blake Snell.

• PhoFever

@RatedDAL said...

• Njsum1

@RatedDAL said...

Haha…I rarely if ever play Snell or Paxton. They’re priced like Aces, they’re not aces right now. An ace won’t get you negative points in average to good matchups.

Although he wasn’t fantastic yesterday Sale showed why he is an Ace. Delivering his 13th straight serviceable fantasy performance. An Ace will not get pulled early after a rough start, he’ll be allowed to work through it. Sale still K’d 10 in 6 frames, putting up 18 DK while giving up 5 Earned, and not getting a win. Aces give you a floor.

There are no aces on the early slate. Just dudes who could do well or get you negative points. Pitching is atrocious on the early, have no clue what to do.

• RobertoTomba

@PhoFever said...

Later today, when our lineups are flaming heaps of garbage, can you work Brad Peacock into the poem?

• realphipps

It’s early, but the forecast in Minnesota is slightly concerning.

• PhoFever

@RobertoTomba said...

Later today, when our lineups are flaming heaps of garbage, can you work Brad Peacock into the poem?

I hope I don’t have to. Going to roll with some Peacock following the fool-proof logic of “Pitcher whose team just got embarrassed at home in a blowout can’t POSSIBLY let it happen again.” Seems pretty solid reasoning, doesn’t it?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

https://sports.theonion.com/norfolk-tides-third-baseman-sent-down-to-baltimore-orio-1835884994

• mr_papageorgio

Musgrove revenge? Might not be any worse than the other bad pitching options for the early slate.

• RobertoTomba

@Epignosis said...

https://sports.theonion.com/norfolk-tides-third-baseman-sent-down-to-baltimore-orio-1835884994

Ha….I didn’t pick up on it at first. The O’s are a 4A team at best.

• BigPod

Rolling with Anderson and Jurado today lol, fingers crossed and hoping the bats work out…. Really like Calhoun but wish they would have left him in the 2 spot.

• ASitar

Nola/Anderson + Braves stack, CarGo, Lagares

GL today

Minnys game prob not gonna play or finish

• mr_papageorgio

@ASitar said...

Minnys game prob not gonna play or finish

Yeah I’m crossing that game off entirely. Seems like a washout and way too risky.

• NedRyerson

@mr_papageorgio said...

Musgrove revenge? Might not be any worse than the other bad pitching options for the early slate.

I’m thinking the same thing.

• Njsum1

@PhoFever said...

I hope I don’t have to. Going to roll with some Peacock following the fool-proof logic of “Pitcher whose team just got embarrassed at home in a blowout can’t POSSIBLY let it happen again.” Seems pretty solid reasoning, doesn’t it?

Had some interest in Peacock and Musgrove, yet the umpire has a pretty severe hitters lean. Normally I wouldn’t care, yet I was iffy on them regardless, so I didn’t see the need to take the path of most resistance.

That said Peacock…CGSO 12k’s

• realphipps

Stacking the Tigers.

• BigRay

@realphipps said...

Stacking the Tigers.

me too.. last team i need for the DK HR-Hunt..

• feekdogg

@mr_papageorgio said...

Yeah I’m crossing that game off entirely. Seems like a washout and way too risky.

It’s not raining right now. Roth’s forecast is in line with what I’m seeing on local news. There’s a window, but the window looks to be anywhere from 2 to 6 hours before the storms fire back up.

• BigRay

last night i needed the Pirates…it worked out very well.

• RobertoTomba

I like these multi-slate days in MLB…it gives me a chance to get rid of my money faster.

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Nola warming everyone up before he crashes..

• Njsum1

@tratow said...

Nola warming everyone up before he crashes..

Hope not..lol…..hated pitching on this slate…went Nola/Anderson, and Wheeler/Anderson. Not like I’m that confident in Anderson, just wasn’t much else 🤷‍♂️

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@Njsum1 said...

Hope not..lol…..hated pitching on this slate…went Nola/Anderson, and Wheeler/Anderson. Not like I’m that confident in Anderson, just wasn’t much else 🤷‍♂️

I just wanted to put it in the universe lol Played Wheeler/Musgrove.. Looking for an early morning beating lol Last night I was telling myself the Mets/Phillies would turn it on after the 5th and alas, I cashed everything. Looking for some more of the same hopefully lol

• am03wins

Looks like Turnbull may be done for the day. He went to the locker room after the inning and there’s a guy warming up in the pen.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler