1:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    2:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 182 ) at Houston ( -199 ) —- T: 9.5
    2:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 157 ) at Milwaukee ( -170 ) —- T: 10
    2:20 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at Chi Cubs ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( -204 ) at Miami ( 187 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -206 ) at Colorado ( 189 ) —- T: 11.5
    9:45 PM EST : Arizona ( -100 ) at SF Giants ( -108 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : Oakland ( 135 ) at LA Angels ( -146 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

@Epignosis said...

I am by no means suggesting that the Pirates stack is covering my losses. It isn’t. It is only serving to mitigate a bad investment in Peacock. I am what you might call a “portfolio player,” in that I decide what percentage of my bankroll I want to invest in each lineup. If you’ve read some of my other posts, you’ll know that I recommend only having a certain percentage in play (as you suggest here) and not being overexposed to a particular player (I have broken those rules before, but I still don’t advise doing so).

As I’ve said, if I must lose, I want to lose small.

I guess it’s a personality thing. As I’ve tried both approaches.

Outside of like a top 5 finish, spread exposures And “insurance” type plays will generally give you smoother returns. Lower highs, higher lows

Whereas, playing “all in” type exposures will generally give you lower lows and higher highs. I’ve always done better with approach 2, yet I would guess if we took a large sample it would come out about even over time.

The important point and the one we agree on, is to stick to whatever percentage of your bankroll you designate for nightly play, and don’t go overboard because you “feel it.”

• RatedDAL

I find it rather easy to take guys against my Mets unfortunately.

And there goes Strasburg imploding.

• me_mike84

this has to be a joke….strasburg

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

@SkateFiend said...

The problem with insurance stacking is that if you have a lineup that has a starter that gave up 5 runs it’s probably dead, and the lineup with a stack against that pitcher could also fail to cash if it doesn’t have the players that did most of the damage. This is probably he result more than half the time even in late games and early slates, where that strategy makes a lot sense. And there’s so much offense now that the edge you got by stacking the right team continues to shrink throughout the night. Today was an exception and it helped that two cheap catchers put up big numbers.

If I regularly played 20,30 lineups I would probably take this kind of insurance action, because admittedly I have to do something to mitigate losses. I typically try to minimize starters I think will get shelled.

I play 20-35 lineups each night. Usually 30. Occasionally 50 or more if I feel like it.

• ASitar

I have Rojas….and Stras. F

• tristanwolf

@deadphish said...

damn…i needed Harper to get an AB…Segura walks it off instead

uggh that walkoff cost me a $150 tennis ticket. sob. at least i faded stras tonight.

• PhoFever

@Njsum1 said...

I guess it’s a personality thing. As I’ve tried both approaches.

Outside of like a top 5 finish, spread exposures And “insurance” type plays will generally give you smoother returns. Lower highs, higher lows

Whereas, playing “all in” type exposures will generally give you lower lows and higher highs. I’ve always done better with approach 2, yet I would guess if we took a large sample it would come out about even over time.

The important point and the one we agree on, is to stick to whatever percentage of your bankroll you designate for nightly play, and don’t go overboard because you “feel it.”

Even if you’re a non-hedger type, why not throw an occasional quarter or two at a hedge lineup? Barely costs you anything. And on nights like last night, you take down a .25 GPP for $100 on Yahoo with a Pirates stack.

• PhoFever

Strasburg can’t get Rojas out yet again. He really needs to join Peacock on that holiday weekend with Ramsay Bolton. That being said, I am LOVING tonight’s edition of “Strasburg Being Strasburg.”

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Miguel Rojas owns the pathetic Nationals.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

@PhoFever said...

Even if you’re a non-hedger type, why not throw an occasional quarter or two at a hedge lineup? Barely costs you anything. And on nights like last night, you take down a .25 GPP for $100 on Yahoo with a Pirates stack.

Precisely. If you have $100+ invested in a pitcher, what’s the harm in putting $10 or so on the other side of the match?

• RobertoTomba

@PhoFever said...

Strasburg can’t get Rojas out yet again. He really needs to join Peacock on that holiday weekend with Ramsay Bolton. That being said, I am LOVING tonight’s edition of “Strasburg Being Strasburg.”

Yeesh….and I figured a great pitcher against a bad hitting team in a pitcher’s park would be okay.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@PhoFever said...

he will still end up the highest scoring pitcher somehow

• tristanwolf

@damionismyname said...

naa 77 pitches through 5, he won’t go more than 1 more.

• Njsum1

@PhoFever said...

Imo… the pirates weren’t a hedge type stack. The umpire was extremely hitter friendly and I had little interest in Peacock or Musgrove (once I saw the ump). Although Musgrove had a nice game. The pirates have been hot lately as well.

I only did like 2 lineups on the early and had 1 pirate in each. I thought some were good value plays.

Yet I rarely make stacks I think suck. Yet that’s not what I thought about pitt. if I was making 10 lineups, I would have definitely 1, maybe 2 pirate stacks, and no Peacock.

• me_mike84

@damionismyname said...

no. watch it be lambert

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

@me_mike84 said...

no. watch it be lambert

• PhoFever

@Njsum1 said...

Imo… the pirates weren’t a hedge type stack. The umpire was extremely hitter friendly and I had little interest in Peacock or Musgrove (once I saw the ump). Although Musgrove had a nice game. The pirates have been hot lately as well.

I only did like 2 lineups on the early and had 1 pirate in each. I thought some were good value plays.

Yet I rarely make stacks I think suck. Yet that’s not what I thought about pitt. if I was making 10 lineups, I would have definitely 1, maybe 2 pirate stacks, and no Peacock.

I was talking about last night’s Pirate stack, thought I get your point. Last night Framber was a value pick across the industry and no one expected the Pirate onslaught that we saw. Today, however, we can now look back and see it in a different light.

• Njsum1

@PhoFever said...

I was talking about last night’s Pirate stack, thought I get your point. Last night Framber was a value pick across the industry and no one expected the Pirate onslaught that we saw. Today, however, we can now look back and see it in a different light.

Haha..I had a lot of Shamber, a hedge stack might have been in order, although generally not my style.

Edit… although I will play contrarian stacks, yet not normally against my pitcher.

For example…I didn’t like Paxton the other day, so I played some blue jays stacks. Yet if I like the pitcher I rarely will stack against him.

• superjon

Another ugly 2 game slate in the After Hours.

Looks like Trout and Ohtani will be the chalk bats. I’ll have exposure to each but not together. that’ll be part of my downfall for sure.

• jayzee666

So much for getting a few LUs with 100 DK pts. tonight!
    Guess I have to play 100 dime LUs tomorrow just so I get the 5 or 6 I need for 1K Crowns!
    REAPER going to make me sweat out the last few days I guess!!

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Looks like its Buehler’s Day off! LOL!

• PhoFever

I have no idea on earth why Griffin Canning continues to increase in price and was the 3rd most expensive P on the slate in Yahoo.

• SkateFiend

@PhoFever said...

I have no idea on earth why Griffin Canning continues to increase in price and was the 3rd most expensive P on the slate in Yahoo.

I don’t get it either.

• Brad32086

Gotta love some dodgers chalk!!!

• RobertoTomba

@Brad32086 said...

Gotta love some dodgers chalk!!!

I bought the cheap chalk, so I can fit Strasburg in my lineup. Verdugo and Taylor are coming through, though.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).