2:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -130 ) at Chi Sox ( 120 ) —- T: 9.5
    3:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -149 ) at Baltimore ( 137 ) —- T: 9.5
    3:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 160 ) at LA Dodgers ( -174 ) —- T: 7.5
    3:45 PM EST : Colorado ( -110 ) at SF Giants ( 102 ) —- T: 8
    7:05 PM EST : Washington ( 124 ) at Philadelphia ( -134 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( -154 ) at Tampa Bay ( 142 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 116 ) at Boston ( -126 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -103 ) at Cincinnati ( -105 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Nice and easy 6 game early slate on FD.

Greinke
    Goldy
    Detroit righties

ez $$$

• MrPerfekt7

@superjon said...

Nice and easy 6 game early slate on FD.

Greinke
    Goldy
    Detroit righties

ez $$$

DK wanted to just keep it to 5 smh

• MrPerfekt7

Gray, Leake for early slate, Seattle, Detriot and Minnesota bats for starters.

Do we load some Cubs bats against Kershaw or will he dominate?

• superjon

@7klub06 said...

DK wanted to just keep it to 5 smh

What game they leave off?

• bigez952

@superjon said...

What game they leave off?

The early Arizona and Miami game. They probably didn’t want to the slate to lock at 11:10 CST which is an hour earlier than most early slates.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@7klub06 said...

Gray, Leake for early slate, Seattle, Detriot and Minnesota bats for starters.

Do we load some Cubs bats against Kershaw or will he dominate?

If I was making only one line up, I’d go with Gray/Leake, probably 4 Mariners with 2 Twins and 2 White Sox. Pitching’s tough. Lots of mediocre options. Fulmer and Manaea could go either way. Quintana is pretty boom or bust. He can still shut down lefties, but is struggling with RHB’s. I’d probably rather stack the likes of Kike, Turner, Kemp, Forsythe then play him. Stratton isn’t good. If he wasn’t pitching in that park against a questionable offense on the road he would be an easy pass and probably still is. Kershaw is an unknown, because of the pitch count and rust. I will use him some, because I’m expecting he gets to 85-90 pitches and with the way this slate is I think you can fit him in fairly easily and he could still end up being the highest scoring pitcher on this slate with the limited pitch count.

• jtkucheck

@Pandamonious said...

Stratton isn’t good. If he wasn’t pitching in that park against a questionable offense on the road he would be an easy pass and probably still is.

Worth nothing that Stratton has been considerably worse at home, and that is almost entirely BABIP based. .361 at home vs .226 on the road. Also, way lower K rate at home (14.4% at home vs 21.8% on the road). The BABIP should regress but the lack of home strikeouts is weird. I was toying with the idea of going with Stratton/Gray and hoping for another 1-0 game like last night, but after diving in I can’t go with Stratton in this matchup.

That said, I can’t think of a pitcher other than Gray that I particularly do want to roster…

• feezyg

I will remind you children one more time then I will let you make your own decision: do not play Gray, the dude is Jay Cutler and whatever info is leading you to Gray is flawed…

• jtkucheck

@feezyg said...

I will remind you children one more time then I will let you make your own decision: do not play Gray, the dude is Jay Cutler and whatever info is leading you to Gray is flawed…

Perhaps, but those Giants day game lineups could make even smokin’ Jay into an all-star.

• NarrowJ

Kershaw on a pitch count? I mean not your average Dave Roberts 85-95 pitch count, but like 60-70? I think he could mow down the Cubs today, but if he only goes 4 innings then it doesn’t matter.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@feezyg said...

That .379 BABIP is ridiculous. That’s his flaw. It’s the worst in the league. Lance Lynn is next with .336. The Rockies have pretty much a league average defense. Their team BABIP allowed is .315. He will not continue to be this unlucky.

• jtkucheck

Chris Herrman getting to play today… take’s me off Leake but man I’m pumped to get his bat in there.

• NarrowJ

@jtkucheck said...

Chris Herrman getting to play today… take’s me off Leake but man I’m pumped to get his bat in there.

Really? Unless I am looking at the splits wrong, he has had Herrman twice this season – only 7 hits and 1 ER in 16 IP.

• jtkucheck

@NarrowJ said...

Really? Unless I am looking at the splits wrong, he has had Herrman twice this season – only 7 hits and 1 ER in 16 IP.

Put it this way- when he was on the DBacks, they often opted for a better framer behind the dish, Wellington Castillo (no framing stud himself).

• MrPerfekt7

LU builder is really loving the Twins bats 🤔

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

I’m away from my computer and couldn’t re-run my app for a proper update, but I made some stack changes to account for players not starting…

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-hitter-stack-values-june-28-early-slate-2575330

• MrPerfekt7

Lol pulled out Castellanos to switch for two As bats smdh

• jayzee666

So far I have cursed Richards and Fulmer this afternoon. Kinda feel sorry for Gray who i have as SP2. Going to be another successful night!!!!

• yisman

Stuck with Kershaw for fantasydraft, wish I could switch to Gray.

Update came in after lock to expect a pitch count of 75 for Kershaw.

• zline34

Giolito going for that no hitter. Let’s go. Any pitcher against Twins is lock and load.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Against my better judgment I tried the single games on FD today. I fell for their gimmick. Looking grim thus far so I’m likely done with that for the day.

I do think I realize now why I hate the single game modes though (beyond the obvious reasons people state)..,,
    The things I hate and struggle with most, even after years of DFS, are toss up decisions that you get wrong and it costs you, and when you make like 80 % picks better than someone but they still win because they have the one guy with 40 pts that completely skews things…and single game is basically nothing but those types of scenarios. Not fun…At least for me.

• gaelicgirl

@jayzee666 said...

So far I have cursed Richards and Fulmer this afternoon. Kinda feel sorry for Gray who i have as SP2. Going to be another successful night!!!!

Who are you planning on cursing for the main slate? Inquiring minds want to know…

• feezyg

Odorizzi vs Smith may be the greatest AB of all time…

• zline34

When you have Morrison and ace gio in the same lineup

• kirby34

Gennett/Benintendi or Kinsler/Martinez in cash?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).