7:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -108 ) at Cincinnati ( -101 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Chi White Sox ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 132 ) at Milwaukee ( -143 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -203 ) at Colorado ( 186 ) —- T: 11.5
    10:07 PM EST : Oakland ( 0 ) at LA Angels ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 115 ) at San Diego ( -124 ) —- T: 9
    10:15 PM EST : Arizona ( -109 ) at SF Giants ( 101 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Who else hates money and wants to join me on team #NOCOORS tonight?

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

Who else hates money and wants to join me on team #NOCOORS tonight?

I like Coors tonight, yet I’m definitely going to play some other stacks as well. Don’t feel as good about it today as yesterday, so I’ll probably mix it up.

Stacking Coors in obvious spots, will rarely ever win you a GPP, or even garner you a high finish, yet it’s an easy way to get a min to 4x cash.

• RatedDAL

Complete fade of Coors for me

If you can’t find a Coors alternative on a 15 game slate, when can you ever?

• superjon

Pitchers – Degrom, Berrios, Chirinos

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

On DK picking a level of Coors exposure is going to be tough to me, as there’s a handful of viable pivots (Brewers, Astros, Nats are the obvious), while also a handful of viable cheap stacks (Royals and Jays sticking out like a sore thumb) that fit well with the expensive bats. The other thing is the lack of expensive worthwhile pitching options. A Dodgers/Royals stack with a couple mid-tier arms is pretty easy to build and has some big time upside.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

On DK picking a level of Coors exposure is going to be tough to me, as there’s a handful of viable pivots (Brewers, Astros, Nats are the obvious), while also a handful of viable cheap stacks (Royals and Jays sticking out like a sore thumb) that fit well with the expensive bats. The other thing is the lack of expensive worthwhile pitching options. A Dodgers/Royals stack with a couple mid-tier arms is pretty easy to build and has some big time upside.

Definitely too early in the day and obviously contest selection dictates strategy to a certain extent…. but June gloom is still in force here is San Diego, so a Dodgers stack with Lauer and Wacha isn’t the worst idea

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Unico10 said...

Definitely too early in the day and obviously contest selection dictates strategy to a certain extent…. but June gloom is still in force here is San Diego, so a Dodgers stack with Lauer and Wacha isn’t the worst idea

Yeah, I can get on board with Lauer. I’m imagining he’ll be chalk, but I can’t see Sanchez failing, but yeah it’s early. I’m still shuffling through the stats. Certainly not ready to take any stands. Mainly just waiting to see who you’re playing then I’ll copy that.

Also a little worried about the Dodgers after Jayzee claiming he was going to stack them all last night.

• ASitar

@Unico10 said...

Congrats on the win last night. I was gonna stack the Dodgers too but didn’t.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@ASitar said...

Congrats on the win last night. I was gonna stack the Dodgers too but didn’t.

Thank you. Rojas career night… what do you know… and Bour not being in the lineup forced me to Belt vs a LH… sometimes you have to be lucky.

Honestly I felt my main lineup that finished at 183.35 was better constructed, but not going to argue with the $$ 😁
    Thing is I was going to enter that lineup in the perfect game, but I had been running a bit dry, so I got gun shy and put it in the $66… would have won another $50k with my 2nd best lineup. Crazy night

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, I can get on board with Lauer. I’m imagining he’ll be chalk, but I can’t see Sanchez failing, but yeah it’s early. I’m still shuffling through the stats. Certainly not ready to take any stands. Mainly just waiting to see who you’re playing then I’ll copy that.

Also a little worried about the Dodgers after Jayzee claiming he was going to stack them all last night.

Haha!

Jayzee better give us an update 30 minutes before lock!

• NedRyerson

Attack Means coming off of the IL? I can’t imagine he pitches more than 5 innings & that bullpen is the sh**s!

• PhoFever

Juliette Chacín is always within a 48 hour window of a meltdown, relatively speaking. With the way the Pirates have been swinging, I have no problem going back to that well.

• RobertoTomba

Is Berrios too obvious?

There’s a trash heap of good pitchers having bad outings lately.

• PhoFever

@RobertoTomba said...

Is Berrios too obvious?

There’s a trash heap of good pitchers having bad outings lately.

Moncada, Abreu, Tim Anderson do most of their damage against righties this year. They lit up Strasburg, for what it’s worth (isn’t saying much)

• jayzee666

@Unico10 said...

Haha!

Jayzee better give us an update 30 minutes before lock!

I am telling you now!
    NJSUM just told me stacking Coors guarantees a min to 4x cash?? By the REAPERs Sickle, sign me up!! That is about 1000% greater than my normal take!!
    Dodgers going to be 90% of my play, although I only need 1 more LU with 100 points, so I might throw in DD’s player pool in a few.
    Going cheap pitchers – Sanchez/Lauer/Hernandez. That way I won’t be disappointed when they bomb! Maybe even a Setzatalia in a few for insurance.

• superjon

I like looking for one off hitters in low total games/bad match ups that I think can get a HR.

Right now that’s Anthony Santander

• RobertoTomba

I’m really liking the Brewers as a (somewhat) cheaper alternative to the Dodgers. Archer has been BOMBED away from Tropicana, and the brew crew has lefties who rake against right-handers.

This means, of course, that my stack will go like this:

• Njsum1

@jayzee666 said...

I am telling you now!
    NJSUM just told me stacking Coors guarantees a min to 4x cash?? By the REAPERs Sickle, sign me up!! That is about 1000% greater than my normal take!

Nooooooo…haha…I meant it guarantees a min to 4x cash for anyone but you…stay away!!! Just kidding 😁. You do have to get pitching right though. Also I liked the Dodgers better yesterday than today. Although, if I was only making one lineup I’d probably stack them again.

I do like them a good bit again, yet it’s a different circumstance then yesterday. 4 games versus 14. And I think yesterday’s pitcher is worse then Senzatela (not much though).

• realphipps

Means on a pitch count? Any restrictions?

• zeeshan2

Hernandez or Velasquez tonight?

• RobertoTomba

@zeeshan2 said...

Hernandez or Velasquez tonight?

I haven’t seen enough from Velasquez as a starter (though he was decent in his only start…against Miami). I like Lauer a lot better, for a few more dollars (park factor + ice cold Cardinals bats).

• athairuammit11

He fits perfectly for the last man in my lineup; may i ask why?

• realphipps

After stacking the Astros the past two days, I’m gonna be heavy Tommy Milone tonight on DK. Wish he was available on fantasydraft.

• madmanjayWV

I keep rostering a few Cards here and there and they just keep sucking — LOOKING @ YOU GOLDY #AYDS

Wacha or Lauer should be semi-decent on DK.

I don’t wanna pay up for deGrom, especially on DK, but I think I’ve gotta run him in at least one LU.

Sanchez seems like a solid lock for low teens, so that means he’ll get lit up most likely.

• superjon

@realphipps said...

After stacking the Astros the past two days, I’m gonna be heavy Tommy Milone tonight on DK. Wish he was available on fantasydraft.

why? i don’t love the Astros, but I think there are much better options if you want to be contrarian at P on a 15 game slate.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.