• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -196 ) at Detroit ( 180 ) —- T: 10
    10:07 PM EST : Kansas City ( 165 ) at LA Angels ( -180 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 105 ) at SF Giants ( -114 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 105 ) at San Diego ( -114 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

@biga0787 said...

Richard is a no against the braves for me

Idk bout that. I’ll try him in 1 lineup as well.

• jtkucheck

@biga0787 said...

I agree. I think he may be the best “value” on the slate. If Duffy has it figured out though he is too cheap at his price. I just have a hard time taking a pitcher against the angels. But last year Duffy was a 10k guy at times. He has good stuff. If he figured it out he may be worth taking. German is a solid play I guess… godley isn’t himself Teheran is hit or miss and they are both too expensive for what they have done. Richard is a no against the braves for me. I keep ending up at holland. Like you said Murphy is who I’m worried about he’s been crushing

I would rank them:

1. German (Tigers hitters in a double header = tired or watered down lineup)
    2. Teheran (away game!)
    3. Holland

I can’t get into Duffy against a lineup with a bunch of quality RHBs.

• ConRyl

How does everyone feel about Julio Teheran?

• biga0787

I probably won’t get to Duffy. But I could see where people will. And he could have a good game. I just am on the side of I want trout as my chalk play. I want to see the Yankees lu before I make my decision but against a gas can with 18-20 mph winds blowing to left it’s hard to not take the chalk.

• biga0787

I hope romine catches again. Seriously doubt he will but I’d rather have him over sanchez

• frugal

@jtkucheck said...

I would rank them:

1. German (Tigers hitters in a double header = tired or watered down lineup)
    2. Teheran (away game!)
    3. Holland

I can’t get into Duffy against a lineup with a bunch of quality RHBs.

I’m sure those Tigers bats are really tired walking up to the plate, striking out, and then watching the Yankees hit homers…

• jtkucheck

@frugal said...

I’m sure those Tigers bats are really tired walking up to the plate, striking out, and then watching the Yankees hit homers…

Was just a general comment that offenses tend to struggle in the second game of a double header, not implying that the Tigers specifically over exerted themselves any more or less than another team would have in this scenario.

• frugal

@jtkucheck said...

Was just a general comment that offenses tend to struggle in the second game of a double header, not implying that the Tigers specifically over exerted themselves any more or less than another team would have in this scenario.

I know, just kidding.

Live shot of the Tigers tonight.

• frugal

Wow. Hicks the only Yankee with a zero. EDIT: nevermind, see he walked 1 time.

• upgradetoquestionable

@biga0787 said...

I hope romine catches again. Seriously doubt he will but I’d rather have him over sanchez

Totally agree. I love when he’s in behind the plate. Really love the Yankees bottom of the lineup. Stacking Romine, Hicks, Andujar, Walker, Austin,Torres, etc has worked out pretty good the last month or so.

• biga0787

They don’t get the love they deserve. That’s for sure

• feezyg

@Njsum1 said...

Ehhhh….this is a bit of an after the fact take here. Hicks was leading off so you can expect an extra at bat. Torres has been a little cold lately. And hicks was almost 3k cheaper. So I dont see the “mistake” here. I see a solid contrarian play paying off coupled with variance. If this game was played 1000 times hicks and torrres would probably split for who scores more points. Again, hicks is 3k cheaper, yet Torres is lower owned. So there are reasons to like both. My point, looking back you can say Hicks was a mistake, yet I just don’t see it that way. I also didn’t play the 1 game early slate so I’m not salty hicks isn’t crushing….haha.

Hicks is leading off and 3K less than the 9 hole hitter, 3K! You think Draftkings made all that money being idiots? Screw the price, Torres in that ballpark is a no brainer, Hicks is a crapshoot before the fact and after…

• Njsum1

@feezyg said...

Hicks is leading off and 3K less than the 9 hole hitter, 3K! You think Draftkings made all that money being idiots? Screw the price, Torres in that ballpark is a no brainer, Hicks is a crapshoot before the fact and after…

DK’s player pricing algo has absolutely nothing to do with their profitability. But to your point, in years past their MLB pricing algo has been sharp almost scary sharp, yet this year not so much, as of yet anyway. Any player is a crapshoot, Trout went ofer yesterday. Torres was not a no brainer. He was only a no brainer cause he homered. Again I didn’t play the early slate, yet I didn’t see any posts from you prior to the 1 game early slate saying Torres was a no brainer. Price, ownership, and recent form considered, IMO hicks and Torres were at the very least equal plays going into the game.

• KindGuy

@feezyg said...

You think Draftkings made all that money being idiots?

• feezyg

@Njsum1 said...

DK’s player pricing algo has absolutely nothing to do with their profitability. But to your point, in years past their MLB pricing algo has been sharp almost scary sharp, yet this year not so much, as of yet anyway. Any player is a crapshoot, Trout went ofer yesterday. Torres was not a no brainer. He was only a no brainer cause he homered. Again I didn’t play the early slate, yet I didn’t see any posts from you prior to the 1 game early slate saying Torres was a no brainer. Price, ownership, and recent form considered, IMO hicks and Torres were at the very least equal plays going into the game.

No, they are far from equal if you factored in ballpark and power, but I guess all you factored in was price. Well on Fanduel they were only 500$ apart so maybe that’s the disconnect…

• biga0787

On to very small night slate. Let’s argue about that

• feezyg

Play Torres…itll be easier this time cause he batting 5th..

• Njsum1

@feezyg said...

No, they are far from equal if you factored in ballpark and power, but I guess all you factored in was price. Well on Fanduel they were only 500$ apart so maybe that’s the disconnect…

I’m not arguing hicks was a better play all things equal. Simply that considering price, batting order, and recent form, that Torres was not a no brainer over hicks. Hicks is also more likely to steal a base, which on DK is 5 points. In fact, if I played the early slate, I would have probably played them both.

My point is this…hicks saw 5 abs, Torres 4. That’s 25% more at bats. He also cost 30% less than Torres. So if the other bats I liked were expensive I probably wouldn’t have been able to play Torres and say judge. Yet I may have been able to play Hicks and Judge. Granted judge didn’t do anything either, yet I’m not considering outcome. I’m only considering building a lineup prior to the game.

I’ve been playing DFS for many years and I never consider price alone. Yet this is a salary cap game, and it would be foolish not to consider price relative to expected production.

Also if hicks in the lineup in game 2, I’m going to play him 😎

Edit…hicks not in the lineup…haha…too bad 😂

• keephustlincuz

@feezyg said...

Play Torres…itll be easier this time cause he batting 5th..

and tyler austin.

• biga0787

Which Yankees are the ones to stack in this game? I feel like all of them are in a good spot. I’d rather have walker at first than Austin.

• Njsum1

@biga0787 said...

Which Yankees are the ones to stack in this game? I feel like all of them are in a good spot. I’d rather have walker at first than Austin.

If you like bvp, you want walker. Which is why I was kinda sad Hicks was sitting this one out. His bvp was ridiculous versus against Fiers.

• jimmyrad

@biga0787 said...

If I were playing Yankees I’d probably go 1-4- 1,3,4,6- and 2,3,4,6 on FD. 1,2,3,4,6- 1,3,4,6,7- 2,3,4,6,7- 6-9 with Gardner, 6-9 with Judge, 6-9 with Sanchez, 6-9 with Stanton on DK. If I were playing Yankees.

• hcassidy

@jimmyrad said...

If I were playing Yankees I’d probably go 1-4- 1,3,4,6- and 2,3,4,6 on FD. 1,2,3,4,6- 1,3,4,6,7- 2,3,4,6,7- 6-9 with Gardner, 6-9 with Judge, 6-9 with Sanchez, 6-9 with Stanton on DK. If I were playing Yankees.

I am not touching Judge or Stanton, they have both been absolute train wrecks the last 2 weeks. Stanton last year banged out homeruns left and right. This year in AL he is way overpriced, he should be included in the Ozuna price of 3.7-3.9k till he can prove he belongs.

• mbunner23

Shit slate. Playing single entry and a league. That’s it. Taking a risk with Richard and Trop and playing all the Angels/Yankees bats.

• keephustlincuz

@mbunner23 said...

Shit slate. Playing single entry and a league. That’s it. Taking a risk with Richard and Trop and playing all the Angels/Yankees bats.

Do you have any interest in the dbags top 4?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler