8:05 PM EST : Colorado ( 174 ) at Chi Cubs ( -190 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 107 ) at Texas ( -115 ) —- T: 11
    8:15 PM EST : Boston ( -176 ) at Kansas City ( 161 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -115 ) at St. Louis ( 107 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -219 ) at Arizona ( 200 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:07 PM EST : Oakland ( 110 ) at LA Angels ( -119 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 143 ) at San Diego ( -156 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Seattle ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

Gleyber Torres maybe my favorite hitter on the slate tonight

• Njsum1

@Jeezylives said...

Man. I’ve had some success in MLB this year. But not on large slates.

Some pitcher goes for 70 on fanduel, someone goes triple dong, and some stack goes bizzerk leaving me dead in the water.

But I have too many tickets in play tonight to stay away from lacing them with 65 and 66 entries as my norm.

Who do I gotta have a piece of tonight y’all?

I think tonight is a night where you want to mix up your pitchers and just pick a couple of offenses to target.

If baseball wasn’t like the only dfs game in town this time of year I’d probably just make 1, maybe 2 lineups per night like I do with hockey. Yet since I’d get bored I usually end up making 7 or 8ish.

• richierich

@moosedrool said...

I’m more on Rodriguez…KC is a mess right now.

Pittsburgh is without Bell and Polanco. That’s a pretty brutal lineup. Plus, very warm with winds blowing out at 10-15 MPH in KC tonight. I’m starting to come over to Fried – where I was originally feeling Eduardo.

• monarch

Dylan Bundy isn’t a horrible flyer at 7400. No Gallo he strikes RHB at 31 percent this season and Arlington hasn’t been a big HR park this season.

• wigg_ESEA

RG Overall Ranking

Won b2b nights the 100 SE, but added the 150 and the 555 yday got 2nd.. a good old 30.5k day… 3 days in a row 1 time????

• captainwacky

@Njsum1 said...

I think tonight is a night where you want to mix up your pitchers and just pick a couple of offenses to target.

If baseball wasn’t like the only dfs game in town this time of year I’d probably just make 1, maybe 2 lineups per night like I do with hockey. Yet since I’d get bored I usually end up making 7 or 8ish.

I think it’s kinda the opposite for me (which is why MLB DFS is fun; there’s a lot of ways to be successful)— I’m trying to settle on one or two pitchers where I think their range of outcomes is good enough to have overexposure to, and then mixing and matching a bunch of offenses. When there’s this many pitchers, I’m not sure one is going to break away from the pack in the sense of you need them to win a GPP, but there’s higher exponents that offenses and position players can get to. Just my thoughts.

• moosedrool

@wigg_ESEA said...

Won b2b nights the 100 SE, but added the 150 and the 555 yday got 2nd.. a good old 30.5k day… 3 days in a row 1 time????

sweet…nice work

• moosedrool

Have all the usual suspects for pitching in my 8 LU’s. Still contemplating a pitcher in the $25 single on FD. Had Rodriguez penciled in…not so sure now. Obviously Fried a possibility…but having a tough time getting off Paddack @ home now. Trying to stay under 10k for sure. Consensus of who you would take in the single entry?

• biga0787

I’m withdrawing all my lu and entering the fd 9.99 twice once with a cardinals stack with Thor. And one with all one off power bats and a cheap pitcher. See which one can flop worse. Yolo!

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

Whoever is filling for Cheese wrote a book and made a point to say that Cabrera is the worst pitcher in the slate… maybe he is right but not sure how can someone say that. Will play him a couple as those deadpan sentences have a way to prove themselves wrong

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@wigg_ESEA said...

Nice work but I don’t think you are allowed to claim your “1 time” after you win a SE tourney twice in a row! 😂

• Njsum1

@captainwacky said...

I think it’s kinda the opposite for me (which is why MLB DFS is fun; there’s a lot of ways to be successful)— I’m trying to settle on one or two pitchers where I think their range of outcomes is good enough to have overexposure to, and then mixing and matching a bunch of offenses. When there’s this many pitchers, I’m not sure one is going to break away from the pack in the sense of you need them to win a GPP, but there’s higher exponents that offenses and position players can get to. Just my thoughts.

Yeah most nights, I’d absolutely agree…I’d roll with 2 or 3 pitchers, then mix up the offenses.

Tonight there’s a lot of good pitchers and maybe a handful of offenses I want to target. So that’s was a slate specific recommendation.

Also, not sure how many lineups you make, yet do the variance 20 isn’t enough if you’re going multientry. Gotta be 50 or more, even then you can whiff.

In nba I’d make 10 to 20 per night and due to less variance was enough to cover my core and peripheral plays I like. In baseball doesn’t work that way. I think you make 1 or 2 or over 50. Anywhere in between, long term doesn’t seem like a great strategy. 🤷‍♂️

• captainwacky

@Njsum1 said...

Yeah most nights, I’d absolutely agree…I’d roll with 2 or 3 pitchers, then mix up the offenses.

Tonight there’s a lot of good pitchers and maybe a handful of offenses I want to target. So that’s was a slate specific recommendation.

Also, not sure how many lineups you make, yet do the variance 20 isn’t enough if you’re going multientry. Gotta be 50 or more, even then you can whiff.

In nba I’d make 10 to 20 per night and due to less variance was enough to cover my core and peripheral plays I like. In baseball doesn’t work that way. I think you make 1 or 2 or over 50. Anywhere in between, long term doesn’t seem like a great strategy. 🤷‍♂️

I agree with you on the latter (though obviously it varies slate to slate). I’m making more lineups than usual tonight, so spreading out my exposure.

?

? MARTEPARTAY 100%. BOMB Fried!
    100% MACHADO………
    100% PADDACK / SYN !
    Also B. Bishop leads off @ 2300 tonight vs Miley.
    I do obviously Love the ATL and TB Bats. Got 16 lines $1 and 20 .25c on D K

Why people loving Fried.. NYY.. BOS for? Don’t understand. Then you have JUNK BALLERS for pitchers?
    Need MOA K. Davis’s now.. and C. Gonzo’s. Wow.

• monarch

kHRis Davis batting cleanup

• madmanjayWV

Fantasy Draft — c they are running another little free roll over there. I’m going to have to put a few bucks back on there and play 4 realz.

UGH — If I go FRIED and PADDACK there or on DK, I know I’m going to get screwed…. crazy decisions on this massive slate.

• realphipps

My Toronto stack will be owned by only me. I like those odds lol.

• captainwacky

Two things I just discovered: 1) Chestor Cuthbert’s name is actually Cheslor. 2) Cheslor Cuthbert middle name is Jesly. Use this information as you will.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@realphipps said...

My Toronto stack will be owned by only me. I like those odds lol.

You’ll have to share all those Rowdy home runs with me though.

• dsoglin33

Anyone gonna have interest in Bishop? Leadoff at 2300 but track record isn’t so hot.

• yisman

As soon as the Phillies acquired Jay Bruce, they lost McCutchen.

Out for the season with a torn ACL, thanks to the 2B letting the popup drop so he could get the DP (McCutchen twisted knee trying to evade tag).

• captainwacky

@yisman said...

As soon as the Phillies acquired Jay Bruce, they lost McCutchen.

Out for the season with a torn ACL, thanks to the 2B letting the popup drop so he could get the DP (McCutchen twisted knee trying to evade tag).

Man… this isn’t directed solely towards you (your post just happens to be an example of it), but I find it weird how people project or attribute things. He tore his ACL running. He tore his ACL playing baseball. No one was touching him, and the 2B made the right play. In fact, if you wanted to blame someone, blame segura for not running to create the dropped popup.

• NYGfan1983

@Pandamonious said...

You’ll have to share all those Rowdy home runs with me though.

tanaka can be that pitcher for batters at times. hr hr hr

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@NYGfan1983 said...

tanaka can be that pitcher for batters at times. hr hr hr

Who isn’t this year tho!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).