4:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( +136 ) at Boston ( -148 ) —- T: 8.5

7:05 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( +108 ) at Washington ( -117 ) —- T: 7.0
    7:05 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -108 ) at Philadelphia ( +100 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:05 PM EST : Chi Sox ( +115 ) at Texas ( -125 ) —- T: 9.0
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( +114 ) at Kansas City ( -123 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( -144 ) at Arizona ( +133 ) —- T: 8.0
    10:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( +114 ) at Seattle ( -123 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( +103 ) at LA Dodgers ( -111 ) —- T: 7.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• dewaana79

How do you apply the ML in your MLB dfs research, could you post an example from today’s games for us amateurs?

• tarheel66

Just what Vegas has betting lines set at

• durbinjag

Anyone else glad we don’t need to deal with Coors tonight?

• ElSlappo

I predict Tommy Milone will befuddle the Sox and annoy me and my Hanley-centric LU’s.

I like Hahn and of course Dallas K in the early slate.

• crazypaul

Nope. Been having nice nights stacking the Dodgers the last 3 nights.

• jellish

@dewaana79 said...

How do you apply the ML in your MLB dfs research, could you post an example from today’s games for us amateurs?

For example Houston is favored so therefore their pitcher not only has a good shot at getting the win, but the favored team is supposed to score more runs for the purposes of targeting an offense as well.

• OneShotKill17

Yes…and no…I tend to fade the Coors game in GPPs for the most part so when the Coors factor hits I’m toast but I also really like that a high percentage of players are drawn to 1 game. When it misses you’re gold, it’s pick your poison.

• ayudame

How to handle this 3 game slate… stack OAK and/or MIN ?

• Wrightime

@dewaana79 said...

Suppose is key the word ..

• dewaana79

@jellish said...

For example Houston is favored so therefore their pitcher not only has a good shot at getting the win, but the favored team is supposed to score more runs for the purposes of targeting an offense as well.

Thanks man. I see HOU is setup for -148 & BAL at +136, but why the number so high when some other ML’s are in -117 vs +108, the differences between the 2 are approximately the same.

• Wrightime

@Wrightime said...

Suppose is key the word ..

Suppose is the key word .. Sorry trying to work at same time

• Razzle11

Can’t seem to decide on which trio to go with for tonight’s slate:

Jake Arrieta/Jose Abreu/Ryan Howard or
    Jake Arrieta/Todd Frazier/Jay Bruce or
    Gio Gonzalez/Jose Abreu/Todd Frazier

• tone17

Evan Gattis is 1B only on DK now. Is that what they default DH’s to? Just seems odd played only 4 games there in his career in 2013. He has only played one game in the field this year and that was in LF. Oh well, one less catcher in the game.

• 8MileAllstars

Picking the correct 2nd SP on the early slate on DK today is harder than a Chinese Algebra problem.

• rsquier

The only argument I can use to not use keuchel early is that somebody has to win one of the other games. I’m worried because he had a subpar performance last time out vs bal. however he will probably be highly owned and if he goes off than not having would be a lot of ground to cover. On the other hand even if he does have a subpar performance I don’t believe that one of the other starters will outscore him enough to make a huge difference. Sorry just thinking out loud.

• ayudame

@8MileAllstars said...

Picking the correct 2nd SP on the early slate on DK today is harder than a Chinese Algebra problem.

The pitchers probably won’t make or break you in the early slate… we know Keuchel will be highest owned… then a close second with Greene/Hahn with some Chen thrown in there.. then the dart throwers with Wright… If you pick the right value bats you will win this… Who will the sleeper picks be that put you over the top with a low ownership guy? Fuld? Lawrie? Rosario? Machado? Tucker? any thoughts?

• hockeyguy22

I hate 3 game afternoons. Guess I’ll actually get some work done. Nightonly for me. Like arietta over harvey

• navyynick

Based on wOBA matchups wright would actually make the most sense after keuchel.

• bjk121

Loving the RedSox/Astros bats early.

• codyallison1026

Tigers bats have been awful you’d think they’d be due for something but probably not

• ayudame

@codyallison1026 said...

Tigers bats have been awful you’d think they’d be due for something but probably not

scary i know… however i’m going to go with Hahn and OAK main stack .. with some MIN/BOS/HOU thrown in … probably backfire greatly with the way things have been going for me.

• bjk121

@ayudame said...

scary i know… however i’m going to go with Hahn and OAK main stack .. with some MIN/BOS/HOU thrown in … probably backfire greatly with the way things have been going for me.

Hahn is a decent pitcher and DET is pretty RHB heavy. I agree that there are better options out there.

• Wrightime

What are the orioles waiting for to release the lu smh

• eperson911

No early games incentive picks today?

• sabresrock29

@eperson911 said...

No early games incentive picks today?

Usually they don’t have any for 3 or less games

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).