• Blogger of the Month

7:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -136 ) at Cincinnati ( 126 ) —- T: 9
    7:35 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 106 ) at Atlanta ( -115 ) —- T: 10
    7:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -120 ) at Milwaukee ( 111 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Miami ( 113 ) at Chi Cubs ( -122 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Houston ( -136 ) at Kansas City ( 126 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Toronto ( -104 ) at Oakland ( -104 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Washington ( 116 ) at LA Dodgers ( -126 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mathewsmarner

seeing as i’m all about sierra, espn’s “last 7” and contrarian i’m going with mil pitcher, cin hitters in duval/kivelehan, phillies kendrick and mil’s shaw

arcade mode

• superjon

50/50 on Manaea & Gio

50/50 on Healey/Lowry/Davis & Molina/Gyorko/Fowler

ez $$$

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

Yesterday tripled my normal entry amount and both my pitchers bombed (Verlander/Bauer). Hope today is better.

• jackflak55

@Roma315 said...

Yesterday tripled my normal entry amount and both my pitchers bombed (Verlander/Bauer). Hope today is better.

I’m starting to think that DFS is more about money management and game selection, and less about choosing players. It feels like every time I deviate from my plan, I get stung. I think of it like varying bet amounts while playing blackjack.
    Everything I’ve looked at so far makes me think of staying away from today all together.

Would it be stupid to go Manaea/Happ?

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

I’ve been very disappointed with the trend of payouts, prize pools, and percentages for example today

FD $55/ $175k payout top 20-21%
    Have to break top 8 to get $1000
    First pays 40k/ min cash $100
    DK $55/325k payout top 26-27%
    Have to break top 25 for $1000
    First pays 30k/ min cash $85

Also the FD $4 event is only paying the top 19-20%, thought it was 25% earlier this year?

The DK event is much better but I prefer the one pitcher option. However today with jumping up from my normal buy in DK is the smart money. EDIT: likly skipping both big events today.

• SzymonK

@jackflak55 said...

I’m starting to think that DFS is more about money management and game selection, and less about choosing players. It feels like every time I deviate from my plan, I get stung. I think of it like varying bet amounts while playing blackjack.
    Everything I’ve looked at so far makes me think of staying away from today all together.

Would it be stupid to go Manaea/Happ?

Im starting to think the big tourneys are impossible to win. I dump multi-entries into the $4-$6 making 8-10 line ups and maybe like half cash for minimum but the same line up cashes $ 125 in 3-100.

just one big GPP entree from now on.

• Rycol19

Has anyone ever taken a flyer on using a relief pitcher as their second pitcher on days with small slates? I know it’s a gamble, but some really good relievers could get you 5 maybe even10 points for $4100. I cashed yesterday with Verlander getting me a whole 1 point.

• flip4flop

@Rycol19 said...

Has anyone ever taken a flyer on using a relief pitcher as their second pitcher on days with small slates? I know it’s a gamble, but some really good relievers could get you 5 maybe even10 points for $4100. I cashed yesterday with Verlander getting me a whole 1 point.

Yes it does work on small slates if some of the chalk gets blown up. Risky but it can work. I did it with Rusin earlier this year and cashed. Probably won’t ever win a GPP but if doing multiple lineups it’s and interesting experiment.

• plaudati

wow pitching kinda sucks tonigh
    am i crazy if i like fiers and samardja

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

@plaudati said...

wow pitching kinda sucks tonigh
    am i crazy if i like fiers and samardja

I was thinking the same thing slim pickings

• bagdons

Im going Samardja and Manaea in GPP’s tonight thinking the Royals could be a sneaky given that Fiers kind of sucks against righties and the righties the Royals have are their power bats.

• superjon

@bagdons said...

Im going Samardja and Manaea in GPP’s tonight thinking the Royals could be a sneaky given that Fiers kind of sucks against righties and the righties the Royals have are their power bats.

Might regret it but I’ll be doing a total fade of Hou and KC

• yanksfan1

First Base on FD: Carpenter or Belt?

• SweeneyPhoto

@Roma315 said...

I’ve been very disappointed with the trend of payouts, prize pools, and percentages for example today

FD $55/ $175k payout top 20-21%
    Have to break top 8 to get $1000
    First pays 40k/ min cash $100
    DK $55/325k payout top 26-27%
    Have to break top 25 for $1000
    First pays 30k/ min cash $85

Also the FD $4 event is only paying the top 19-20%, thought it was 25% earlier this year?

The DK event is much better but I prefer the one pitcher option. However today with jumping up from my normal buy in DK is the smart money. EDIT: likly skipping both big events today.

I agree, it would be nice to see some GPP’s that aren’t so top heavy. I would also like to see more limited entry GPP’s in the three to five dollar buy in range.

• NarrowJ

@yanksfan1 said...

First Base on FD: Carpenter or Belt?

Definitely Carpenter imo.

• StanHalen

The Astros look like they are priced to face Atlee Hammaker in an All Star game on DK.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@StanHalen said...

The Astros look like they are priced to face Atlee Hammaker in an All Star game on DK.

Tough to jump on any of them. With that being said I’ll take some Reddick and Correa because I think he is getting in the swing of things and he is the “cheapest” expensive guy haha Gonna have limited exposure though. I know it’s the Phils but the are cheap AF today and Bartolo is going. Eating the chalk there. Hoping to stay on my little hot streak.

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

Playing a few of the 100 man today, first time. How do they play compared to large GPPs? Approach it the same?

• KindGuy

Let’s goooo!!!! First swing of the fences of the season.

$50K to first for only a $6 entry? Yes please!

• Olhausen

@elementasrat said...

Let’s goooo!!!! First swing of the fences of the season.

$50K to first for only a $6 entry? Yes please!

It’s not the first time this season. It’s also more expensive then ever because it use to be 3 and sometimes 4 dollars to enter. They also screwed anyone over who plays the solo shot because they put one out last night that was only 100$ to first. They then did another one this morning that is 250$ to first. Normally the solo shot is 1,000$ to first and on smaller nights 500$ to first. I’m beyond irritated and I’m going to seriously consider not playing on DK anymore if this is going to be the new norm.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Khris Davis at 3.3k is just silly.

I could see a benentendi like breakout.

• MrPerfekt7

the pitchers on this slate are not so the best. look like its all about stacking some hitters.
    Thinking about rocking Junior and Fiers, Martinez is just way to expensive
    Thoughts?

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

A’s stack is really interesting to me, but would make a lot more sense if there were stud pitchers to pay up for. Although with how expensive the astros are a 4/4 stack has tremendous upside.

• mrdaman

I’m rocking out with Junior also….

• KindGuy

@Olhausen said...

It’s not the first time this season. It’s also more expensive then ever because it use to be 3 and sometimes 4 dollars to enter. They also screwed anyone over who plays the solo shot because they put one out last night that was only 100$ to first. They then did another one this morning that is 250$ to first. Normally the solo shot is 1,000$ to first and on smaller nights 500$ to first. I’m beyond irritated and I’m going to seriously consider not playing on DK anymore if this is going to be the new norm.

I 100% agree with you and it’s been my number 1 gripe with DK.

I’m looking over my DK Contest History CSV and seeing the greed is fascinating.

In 2014, the biggest MLB GPP was the moon shot which was a $2 entry!!!!

In 2015, they increased the entry fee to $3 while turning it into one word, moonshot.

In 2016, they introduced the $4 slurve.

Now in 2017, they’ve keeped it at $4 and just renamed it the 4 seamer.

Also, the swing for the fences used to be a $3 entry back in 2015 while offering $100,000 to first.

Smh, DK.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).