• Blogger of the Month

7:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -136 ) at Cincinnati ( 126 ) —- T: 9
    7:35 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 106 ) at Atlanta ( -115 ) —- T: 10
    7:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -120 ) at Milwaukee ( 111 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Miami ( 113 ) at Chi Cubs ( -122 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Houston ( -136 ) at Kansas City ( 126 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Toronto ( -104 ) at Oakland ( -104 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Washington ( 116 ) at LA Dodgers ( -126 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #70

RG Tiered Ranking

Yea I have a couple lineups tonight between arcade and regular and I’m deeply committed to the Philly/Atlanta game so unless I hear something soon I’m gonna take the risk

• jtkucheck

@hcassidy said...

he is in the 1 hole

This is not a thing.

“he is hitting leadoff” would be how you say this.

Also, everyone is better at AT&T than they are elsewhere, doesn’t mean you should auto-write-off Giants SPs on the road. Actually like Shark’s chances tonight… keeping it to an O/U of 8 while favored (if only slightly) means he should be in the game for 6+ innings, which is more than I can say for just about every other SP on the slate besides Manaea. Giants had to use the pen heavily yesterday so they’ll ride him even if the pitch count starts creeping up.

• superjon

@hautalak said...

Anyone risking the weather? I think I’m going to go for it because ATL/PHI keep finding their way into my lineups.

Im doing a 3/3 on one line up.

• hcassidy

@jtkucheck said...

This is not a thing.

“he is hitting leadoff” would be how you say this.

Also, everyone is better at AT&T than they are elsewhere, doesn’t mean you should auto-write-off Giants SPs on the road. Actually like Shark’s chances tonight… keeping it to an O/U of 8 while favored (if only slightly) means he should be in the game for 6+ innings, which is more than I can say for just about every other SP on the slate besides Manaea. Giants had to use the pen heavily yesterday so they’ll ride him even if the pitch count starts creeping up.

Yeah Yeah Semantics, but plain and simple I don’t like him tonight period. Milwaukee struggles against LHP not RHP, and in a hitter’s park I think he has issues tonight.

Year AB R H HR RBI SB AVG OBP OPS
    2017 Stats 45 11 17 2 9 2 .378 .533 1.133

including 14 walks and 11 runs scored.

• moped_jones

@hcassidy said...

Yeah Yeah Semantics, but plain and simple I don’t like him tonight period. Milwaukee struggles against LHP not RHP, and in a hitter’s park I think he has issues tonight.

If it makes you feel better I’ve heard people say 1 hole. Someone really needs to pick their battles, lol.

Also, Brewers can hit at home & against righties. There is a reason why Shark is 1-7 with an ERA well above 4. If someone is high on him tonight they are either psychic or incredibly stupid.

• fanturds

curious to see braves v phils ownership tonight in the arcade.

• 7klub06

@moped_jones said...

I can only find 3 starters that I like: Junior, Manaea, and Gonzalez (Dodgers kind of suck against lefties)

I just can’t seem to get the right pitcher when I get hitting or the right hitting when I finally do get the right pitcher(s). Hopefully I’ll be able to get both on the same night.

That the story with me. Lucked up last night on the night slate

• hcassidy

@moped_jones said...

If it makes you feel better I’ve heard people say 1 hole. Someone really needs to pick their battles, lol.

Also, Brewers can hit at home & against righties. There is a reason why Shark is 1-7 with an ERA well above 4. If someone is high on him tonight they are either psychic or incredibly stupid.

Oh I have heard it plenty of times, I just was laughing my ass off as to that was the only point of my post that he decided to quote. Might be a Grind Down pick not sure as I didn’t look at it.

• jtkucheck

@hcassidy said...

They also strike out a lot against both types of SPs.

Shark’s bad road games have been at Chase, Coors, and Wrigley with the wind blowing out. Miller is certainly a hitters park, but not as extreme as those other three, and the current lineup without Shaw, Braun or Broxton seems like it might be less likely to take him deep. Also, there likely won’t be a lot of cheap baserunners- Shark walked 1 batter in the entire month of May (40.2 IP) while getting 49 Ks in that same period.

Arbitrary endpoints to be sure, but on a short slate with limited quality SPs, I think a 49:1 K:BB is worth a lineup or two.

• CSMWSU17

I’m no psychic so I may just be incredibly stupid, but I’m on Jeff tonight. The Brewers K a ton, not just against lefties. He may have a high ERA but pitching deep into a game with an upside of 10 k’s is worth a gamble on this slate. This Brewers lineup doesn’t scare me tonight and I don’t see many other pitching options with the possible upside

• Yeoman

@moped_jones said...

I don’t think weather has ever affected me as much as today. So many great plays in the PHI/ATL game + the wind blowing in at Wrigley kept me from stacking that game.

I decided to ignore it and play who I wanted to play. Kind of an experiment; I don’t usually approach things this way but in a GPP maybe it makes sense? I might throw a goose egg but at least they’ll all be low-owned zeroes.

• CSMWSU17

@jtkucheck said...

They also strike out a lot against both types of SPs.

Shark’s bad road games have been at Chase, Coors, and Wrigley with the wind blowing out. Miller is certainly a hitters park, but not as extreme as those other three, and the current lineup without Shaw, Braun or Broxton seems like it might be less likely to take him deep. Also, there likely won’t be a lot of cheap baserunners- Shark walked 1 batter in the entire month of May (40.2 IP) while getting 49 Ks in that same period.

Arbitrary endpoints to be sure, but on a short slate with limited quality SPs, I think a 49:1 K:BB is worth a lineup or two.

Posted nearly the same time. I agree

• Lathum

Last minute swap

Took pout Moose and Fowler and put in DeJong and Reddick.

Guarantee a lead off HR for Fowler

• moped_jones

@hcassidy said...

Oh I have heard it plenty of times, I just was laughing my ass off as to that was the only point of my post that he decided to quote. Might be a Grind Down pick not sure as I didn’t look at it.

Not only that, it was his opener.

• murphstahoe

@hcassidy said...

No Shark for me tonight, he is worse on the road than at home. Plus no Thames either, I think Sogard is going to wear him out, only Brewer I am playing tonight. All dude does is get on base and he is in the 1 hole.

Edit: Thought the newly formed league was to get going tonight.

Need more players! Who wants in to the league!?

• gaelicgirl

Okay, trying out the non-stacking strategy in one LU (2-2-2-2) and my usual stacking strategy in the other (4-2-2). Taking Samardzija in both, because apparently I’m either psychic or incredibly stupid. Maybe both. GL everyone.

• Lathum

Houston seems like a trap tonight, so of course I only entered 1 lineup with a 4 man Houston stack

• jtkucheck

Why does anyone ever walk Billy Hamilton? I will never understand this…

• Heterodox

@jtkucheck said...

Just bean him. I swear to god

• murphstahoe

@jtkucheck said...

so of course he gets caught stealing

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #70

RG Tiered Ranking

@fanturds said...

curious to see braves v phils ownership tonight in the arcade.

Franco 7% and Herrera is 13% in the $4 kinda was hoping they would be lower

• hcassidy

@murphstahoe said...

so of course he gets caught stealing

What 2nd or 3rd time this year?

• Bay101

Phi/Atl not raining? WTF

• fanturds

@dbullsfan said...

Franco 7% and Herrera is 13% in the $4 kinda was hoping they would be lower

yeah, thats what I stayed away. there aren’t many places to hide, and there’s a non trivial chance any players from that game will be on team donation.

its like the nfl playoffs, sometimes you chase some really bizarre plays.

i hope for your fortunes they play and your duders do alright

• murphstahoe

Not enough and not quite the right phillies

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).