7:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 125 ) at NY Mets ( -135 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:40 PM EST : Miami ( 217 ) at Milwaukee ( -238 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 147 ) at Texas ( -160 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Colorado ( 106 ) at Chi Cubs ( -115 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Boston ( -206 ) at Kansas City ( 189 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 131 ) at St. Louis ( -142 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : Oakland ( -107 ) at LA Angels ( -101 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Houston ( -162 ) at Seattle ( 149 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

No Herrera. Nick Williams is min price on FD. worth the risk if he starts?

• Joeyrockland1

@superjon said...

No Herrera. Nick Williams is min price on FD. worth the risk if he starts?

I think he is a big risk , starting in AAA I think …….

• bucherpsu08

@Joeyrockland1 said...

• superjon

@Joeyrockland1 said...

You might be right. Just really like my LUs with him

Won’t have to do too much rearranging if he’s out.

• smokeyca14

Time ti rethink my stratergy , stacking lowest o/u games. Vegas has been drunk lately

• mr_papageorgio

Are things going back to normal today or is this another Marlins/O’s with Turnbull/Beede for all the money kind of night? If it is I may just sit this one out.

• monarch

@mr_papageorgio said...

Are things going back to normal today or is this another Marlins/O’s with Turnbull/Beede for all the money kind of night? If it is I may just sit this one out.

I’m treating yesterday as just being weird

• TeamTwerk

What’s does Tim Anderson have to do to get a promotion in this batting order? How do you not have this guy batting top 3

• me_mike84

i’m gonna give @zline34 strategy a try today. gonna lurk around and wait for people to mention top plays and then cross them off my list.

i don’t think last night was a total anomaly in baseball….

• hassman

So am I. There is alot of variance in MLB and it was just one of those nights.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@mr_papageorgio said...

I don’t know what normal is anymore, but I think things tend to even out and we are seeing aspects of it every slate. Every slate we’re seeing teams progressions and regressions. Not to sound generic, but what a team was doing in April means nothing at this point, but still weights heavy on whole season numbers. Certain teams just aren’t as bad or as good as we thought. Looking at the metrics and spotting these places at this point until things do even out is going to be fairly important for the next few weeks.

• spx333

• x2

2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@mr_papageorgio said...

Are things going back to normal today or is this another Marlins/O’s with Turnbull/Beede for all the money kind of night?

I means, what could go wrong?

• Njsum1

@smokeyca14 said...

Time ti rethink my stratergy , stacking lowest o/u games. Vegas has been drunk lately

As Panda said, we need to rethink how we view some teams. For example….the WhiteSox…while they strike out at decent clip, have been destroying righties for like 2 weeks now (Marlins for even longer). So if you’re going to pitch any righty versus these teams, understand the risk. Aces are not automatic.

Second…Vegas…has been pretty good with the totals. However, there is no such thing as an implied total. They are 2 completely separate sets of odds. And while oddsmakers have every incentive to be accurate with the game total. IMO…when it comes to the +- they just want to be in the middle of public opinion, and get equal action on both sides. So take that number with a grain of salt. Movement in that number could mean something sometimes, others times, might not.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t know what normal is anymore, but I think things tend to even out and we are seeing aspects of it every slate. Every slate we’re seeing teams progressions and regressions. Not to sound generic, but what a team was doing in April means nothing at this point, but still weights heavy on whole season numbers. Certain teams just aren’t as bad or as good as we thought. Looking at the metrics and spotting these places at this point until things do even out is going to be fairly important for the next few weeks.

I was mostly being sarcastic with my post but this is a very good point. Baseball has the most variance of any sport and that’s what we’re seeing. Like you said, some teams are not as good as they looked at the start (Seattle is probably the best example) and others are not quite as offensively inept as expected (White Sox, Marlins, O’s). Beyond that, guys/teams have off nights or nights where they can’t miss at the plate. That’s a lot harder to predict but IMO that also makes baseball the best DFS sport because it levels the playing field and anyone can win on any given day.

Just have to keep riding the variance waves.

• mr_papageorgio

How is Angel Hernandez still a major league umpire?

https://twitter.com/KyleNYY/status/1136070505159696384

• yisman

Obviously I understand baseball has variance but I’ve been playing MLB DFS for five seasons and I have never seen aces in good spots get blown up as frequently as it’s happening in 2019.

I keep telling myself I should just punt pitcher every night, yet every night I find myself paying up.

• monarch

Ya…I wasnt shocked that Stras got lit up because that happens. What killed me was Fried immediately got teed up despite all the data saying he was probably in the best run prevention spot. Then an hour later Miggy hits a slam off Snell. It was a troll type slate.

• yisman

@mr_papageorgio said...

Link

Qu

people have been asking for years and the answer is the umpires’ union.

MLB can’t get rid of him, no matter how many calls he blows.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

5 max on fanduel. Three game slate, all 5 of chipotles entries have Sanchez plus 3 white sox. If that’s how you win, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to do it

• jgadharf

All 150 of his lineups are the same in the $70k Squeeze. Must have not edited his lineups in time. Wow.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Idk, moklovin did the same

• yisman

finally looked over last night

despite Strasburg, I almost cashed. https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/73255691?uc=1517036713

Bishop PH for after 2 PAs hurt and then Lucroy had his chances but put up a 0 anyway. Gurriel busted too. West Coast let down when I actually had a chance.

• me_mike84

@yisman said...

finally looked over last night

despite Strasburg, I almost cashed. https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/73255691?uc=1517036713

Bishop PH for after 2 PAs hurt and then Lucroy had his chances but put up a 0 anyway. Gurriel busted too. West Coast let down when I actually had a chance.

i’ve noticed that awesemo is in so many tournaments. always seeing him near the top of the leader boards. i just looked and he is in a 3,000 dollar tournament max entried :O

• monarch

Carrasco has been removed. Bullpen game for the Indians

• yisman

@monarch said...

Carrasco has been removed. Bullpen game for the Indians

Probably out for the season.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/06/indians-place-carlos-carrasco-on-il-due-to-blood-condition.html

Carlos was recently diagnosed with a blood condition following several weeks of feeling lethargic. While in the information-gathering stage, Carlos is stepping away from baseball activities to explore the optimal treatment and recovery options, the details of which will be conveyed at the discretion of Carlos and his family. We do not know when Carlos will rejoin the club but expect him back at some point this season. At this time, our primary concern is Carlos’ health and we will respect his wishes to keep this a private matter. We ask everyone to keep Carlos and his family in their thoughts during his challenging time.”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).