7:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 125 ) at NY Mets ( -135 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:40 PM EST : Miami ( 217 ) at Milwaukee ( -238 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 147 ) at Texas ( -160 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Colorado ( 106 ) at Chi Cubs ( -115 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Boston ( -206 ) at Kansas City ( 189 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 131 ) at St. Louis ( -142 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : Oakland ( -107 ) at LA Angels ( -101 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Houston ( -162 ) at Seattle ( 149 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PhoFever

My bankroll has gone down 50% over the last week after reaching its MLB peak. Lost 8 straight QMs and can’t buy a break. Sh$%&%t is just crazy…you stack the lefties on a team, then the one right hander you didn’t pick hits two dongs. Stack the righties, and the opposite happens. Stack the top of the order, then the bottom goes off; stack the bottom of the order, then the top does. Stack the 1,2, 4 and 6 hitters, only to watch the 3, 5 and 7 hitters go deep. Then, for my favorite of all cruel DFS ironies, you go heavy on a chalky guy for two straight nights, and he goes O-fer. So you part ways with him, and the very next night he goes for 35 points (Dwight Smith, you prick!)

• mr_papageorgio

I’ve fallen for the Yuli value trap way too many times lately but he’s in such a good spot tonight if he’s batting cleanup against the Leakey faucet.

• SpudCrowley

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

I guess Maeda not pitching well in AZ might have been overblown. 5 K’s on 21 pitches (19 strikes).

• rgreuli

Looking forward to a little R & R tonight. Rockies and Royals that is.

• jayzee666

3 LUs in 2 game slate. Only have Bruce and kingery hits and Arrieta.
    Man the REAPER hates me!!

• cjs5555

@rgreuli said...

Looking forward to a little R & R tonight. Rockies and Royals that is.

off the cuff (haven’t done my research yet), if looking for contrarian play, I’d consider Detroit. Morton and his nasty changeup are reverse splits and DET usually only has 2-3 LHBs in lineup.

• cjs5555

jimmy nelson is back! yet another pitcher i can never figure out!

• Sleazygreazy

@cjs5555 said...

jimmy nelson is back! yet another pitcher i can never figure out!

Curtis granderson has him figured out

• madmanjayWV

Welp the 4am first build said SALE/MORTON — think I’ll leave that LU for DK and and build one more — no clue who to pick on FD —-

• frugal

Yelich bombs yesterday, payback today.

• rgreuli

@cjs5555 said...

off the cuff (haven’t done my research yet), if looking for contrarian play, I’d consider Detroit. Morton and his nasty changeup are reverse splits and DET usually only has 2-3 LHBs in lineup.

Agree. Have already entered Tiger stacks for tonight.

• rgreuli

Baseball is so funny this year. I used to stack high implied run teams for the majority of my lineups with little to moderate success. Now that I stack starting with teams low implied totals I do so much better.

• rgreuli

@madmanjayWV said...

Welp the 4am first build said SALE/MORTON — think I’ll leave that LU for DK and and build one more — no clue who to pick on FD —-

Turnbull, MPerez and gulp!!! Jason Vargas.

• frugal

@rgreuli said...

Baseball is so funny this year. I used to stack high implied run teams for the majority of my lineups with little to moderate success. Now that I stack starting with teams low implied totals I do so much better.

Odd. I’ve been consistently cashing stacking the high projected scoring teams with mid tier pitching.

• kps3205s

My pitching choices have been the downfall for me lately so to be consistent it’s Jimmy Nelson and John Means tonight for my single LU on DK.

Good luck to everyone tonight.

• rgreuli

@frugal said...

Odd. I’ve been consistently cashing stacking the high projected scoring teams with mid tier pitching.

Maybe your game selection is different than mine.

• cjs5555

@kps3205s said...

My pitching choices have been the downfall for me lately so to be consistent it’s Jimmy Nelson and John Means tonight for my single LU on DK.

Good luck to everyone tonight.

just fyi, means’ road ERA is 4.26, almost 3 runs higher than his home ERA. the ballpark at arlington won’t grant him any favors in that regard as well.

• jayzee666

@cjs5555 said...

just fyi, means’ road ERA is 4.26, almost 3 runs higher than his home ERA. the ballpark at arlington won’t grant him any favors in that regard as well.

Perfect. I like him tonight. Double negative equals positive!
    Also like ATL/Pitt/Mets and now a Tex stack!

• rgreuli

@cjs5555 said...

and the way this year is going…Means has a line of 8-3-1-1-0-6 tonight.

• realphipps

Indians score 10 runs tonight.

Trust me, I stacked Toronto yesterday.

• mr_papageorgio

Ended up with an all Texas OF.

• firemedicpat

RG Overall Ranking

Braves severely underowned. This could be amazing.

• RiskyBiscuits

Fellas, I have a quick question I was hoping someone would have a definite answer for. I have a placeholder lineup on FD for the MLB After Hours 2 dollar single entry. I had put Mengden in as my pitcher. He is not starting now, so FD took him off the list of potential players. He is still pitching tonight obviously, so my question is, if I leave him in for the slate, will he accumulate points he deserves? Or just be a zero.

• SkateFiend

@RiskyBiscuits said...

Fellas, I have a quick question I was hoping someone would have a definite answer for. I have a placeholder lineup on FD for the MLB After Hours 2 dollar single entry. I had put Mengden in as my pitcher. He is not starting now, so FD took him off the list of potential players. He is still pitching tonight obviously, so my question is, if I leave him in for the slate, will he accumulate points he deserves? Or just be a zero.

He’ll get his points as long as he pitches. The same thing happens to Felix Pena, he always follows an opener.

• yisman

@RiskyBiscuits said...

he will accumulate points

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler