7:35 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -116 ) at Atlanta ( +107 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( +109 ) at Chi Sox ( -118 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( +139 ) at Kansas City ( -151 ) —- T: 8.0
    8:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( +116 ) at Minnesota ( -126 ) —- T: 8.0
    8:40 PM EST : Miami ( -101 ) at Colorado ( -107 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( +115 ) at Arizona ( -125 ) —- T: 9.0
    10:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -114 ) at Seattle ( +105 ) —- T: 7.0
    10:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( +111 ) at LA Dodgers ( -120 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• jellish

Pitching leaving a lot to be desired tonight.

• Wrightime

@jellish said...

Pitching leaving a lot to be desired tonight.

Yea for sure.. For a full slate these are some awful pitchers to pick from . 1st glance im liking sanchez, roark,lincecum

• amarkham

Oh Coors Field again. Fun….

• shockermandan

I’m new to this, but it looks like both MIA and COL have terrible pitchers going, no?

• bjk121

Obviously the match-up at Coors is one to target, but I also really like the TOR bats against Hernandez, the ARI bats against Niese, and (possibly under the radar given the options), I love the Yankees bats at home against Weaver. Obviously all 4 (TOR, ARI, COL, MIA) are expensive, but just throwing out some other options.

With the Yankees, just need to see a lineup or grab an update on McCann. If he sits, it’s still viable, but I really like a ARod-Tex-McCann middle of the order stack.

• 8MileAllstars

Maybe I suffered a closed head injury last night, but Kyle Gibson actually looks like a good start vs the Brewers.

Kind of like Iglesias to finally put together a good start vs the Padres.

• Wrightime

Kinda liking iglesias also cheap and terrible offense ..

• Wrightime

I think your going to need a huge score to cash anything big tonight esp in a gpp .. Lots of good offenses to target

• bjk121

I’m really hoping Martinez goes under-owned given all of the expensive offenses to target. He’s really the only pitcher with the type of upside that I’m looking for.

• wcuball29

Wish i knew of a solid 3K long reliever that was a lock for some innings tonight. See some early exits and I need some money for offense.

• 8MileAllstars

@wcuball29 said...

Wish i knew of a solid 3K long reliever that was a lock for some innings tonight. See some early exits and I need some money for offense.

The Tigers are starting one.

• wcuball29

@8MileAllstars said...

The Tigers are starting one.

He’s $1600 overpriced

• TommyWantWingy33

Anyone like Kazmir tonight?

• tin8shusd

@8MileAllstars said...

Maybe I suffered a closed head injury last night, but Kyle Gibson actually looks like a good start vs the Brewers.

While I like Iglesias, I disagree on Gibson – kid has a 4.77 SIERA. I’m considering targeting him with Lind and Parra tonight as contrarian GPP plays.

• 8MileAllstars

@tin8shusd said...

While I like Iglesias, I disagree on Gibson – kid has a 4.77 SIERA. I’m considering targeting him with Lind and Parra tonight as contrarian GPP plays.

I totally get what you’re saying about Gibson but I look at this more like “generic RH pitcher in big park” vs horrible Brewers offense. Plus Lohse is on the other side and he’ll inevitably get lit up.

• silverblazer36

Stanton at 5.8K on DK lol – I don’t think even Bryce Harper went that high when he was on that tear last month.

Got to love the coors effect

• tin8shusd

@8MileAllstars said...

I totally get what you’re saying about Gibson but I look at this more like “generic RH pitcher in big park” vs horrible Brewers offense. Plus Lohse is on the other side and he’ll inevitably get lit up.

Are you playing on DK? Cash or GPP? I play DK GPPs where strikeouts and upside are critical – I won’t be playing Gibson. He’s likely to get the 4 points for the win but his K/9 ratio is pathetic. I’m just not seeing the upside there.

• Wrightime

@tin8shusd said...

True about gibson but he has pitched much better lately

• Southpaw217

What is everyone’s thought on Shaun Marcum? I mean 4.3K on DK is going to open up a lot of cap space. Marcum with the following…Lincecum, Volquez, and Wada…that combo allows you to fill up with Colorado Bats, Abrue, Miggy, and Bautista. Thoughts?

• bcickdaa

I think Marcum is definitely a great option for tournaments. He has had a decent K rate recently and opens up a lot of space for some bigger bats.

• ElSlappo

First look I like Odorizzi, Carlos, and maybe a little Morton and Happ. Ugly pitching slate.

Probably will take 240 to win the Swing for the Fences contest on DK with all the offenses likely to go off.

Love the Jays and Indians among others

• LionsFan01

@8MileAllstars said...

Considering the alternatives, I’m with you on Gibson. Brewers offense is one of the worst in baseball on the road, and Target field is forgiving to pitchers. Lohse has been terrible and gets to face a Twins offense that plays much better at home.

• ObiWanBonogi

Really going to have to slosh around the muck to to get good production from our pitching tonight. Should make for a fun slate with a lot of diverse lineups.

• ItzJamesFTW

Why on earth would you play Gibson over Williams Perez if you are just looking to punt a pitcher position?

• jayisu

Gibson is risky, all the time, but even though Mil sucks, they have the second best hard hit % in the last week and have only K’ed at a 14% rate in that same time.

I like Wada and Quintana. Both have pretty high floors and WAS and DET have been pathetic over the last 14 days (low ISO, wOBA, OPS).

Not sure Volquez can shut down TEX. Likewise, KC has been cold, but Gonzalez can be hit. Looking to AZ, TB, TEX, and CLE for bats.

Love to know if I am missing something on these thoughts. Also, does anyone else struggle on big offensive nights? I tend to do better where offense is sparse and struggle mightily when there is a good offensive night. I am expecting to score about 90 points on DK where you need 150 to cash. Haha.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler