8:05 PM EST : Miami ( 179 ) at Chi Cubs ( -195 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : NY Mets ( -150 ) at Texas ( 138 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Kansas City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:40 PM EST : Cleveland ( -115 ) at Colorado ( 106 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 173 ) at Arizona ( -188 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:05 PM EST : Toronto ( -142 ) at Oakland ( 131 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 189 ) at Seattle ( -206 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Washington ( -116 ) at LA Dodgers ( 107 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

I suck at these bigger slates, but I am getting a little more confident in my research process.

Pitchers – Paxton, Archer, McCarthy, Wainwright
    Hitters – Bos, Det, Mets, Pitts, Sea, Stl

I’ll have one line up with some exposure to Cle/Col just because, but I have my own reasons for not going heavy on that game tonight.

1. Players are super priced up.
    2. Don’t like targeting either pitcher
    3. Weather might be an issue
    4. Assuming most players will be chalk because lolgameisinColorado

• Supersharpie

WTF is with Frenchy Cordero’s pricing on FD? At 5.4k it is 3k more than it should be in a LvL matchup outside of Coors.

• Rachelynn51912

@Supersharpie said...

WTF is with Frenchy Cordero’s pricing on FD? At 5.4k it is 3k more than it should be in a LvL matchup outside of Coors.

Who is this Frenchy Cordero you speak of? .. lol —- That price is stupid.

• moped_jones

@Supersharpie said...

I saw this last night while making out my dummy LU’s for today. It has to be a mistake. This guy should be in the low $2k tops.

As for today, for pitching I like:Ray (even though he sucks at home, still buying), Paxton, and Chase Anderson. Might try to sneak in a Scherzer once I see if there are any good cheap positional players starting.

As for positional players, I’m going to run with Upton until he cools off. The rest will probably just be mixing and matching. Had some Cubs I liked (Rizzo, Baez, and Bryant) that have good numbers against Locke, but the wind is blowing in again. Was going to go with Herrera (PHI) but he’s going against a lefty. I’ll have to see what his splits are before deciding.

• fightingjohn

@Supersharpie said...

Low owned play for sure…lol

• monarch

Mets LHBs feel like a trap with the wind blowing out in Arlington. I’m loading up and expecting to be demoralized.

• fenway2015

franchy cordero has a higher value on FD than charlie blackmon ????????????? the pricing is totally insane

• moped_jones

Any love for Hunter Renfoe tonight? Hits well against lefties. Ray is not nearly as good at home (pretty much a must pick on the road though).

• Ronboogie6

I was tired of min cashing in low buy in gpp’s so I tried a $10 100 man last night because I seen a couple of people in here talking about using them to build their bankroll. Ended up taking 2nd for $150.

Just wanted to say thanks for the insight in this forum.

• noheartanthony

How come Mike Trout isn’t listed on FD anymore? I know he’s on the DL, but other DL players are still listed.

• SweeneyPhoto

Tonight’s slate is going to be fun, lots of great options and ways to build.

• moped_jones

@Ronboogie6 said...

I was tired of min cashing in low buy in gpp’s so I tried a $10 100 man last night because I seen a couple of people in here talking about using them to build their bankroll. Ended up taking 2nd for $150.

Just wanted to say thanks for the insight in this forum.

What site is that? I’m tired of min cashing as well. Might as well play 50/50’s if I’m going to min cash, lol.

*EDIT: nevermind, I see it’s FD. What was your score? What pitcher did you pick?

• renegade68

Mets LHB, Tigers (Avila & Iglesias to keep costs down), and I like Estrada vs. OAK – he should be good for 8 or more K’s.

• Ronboogie6

@moped_jones said...

What site is that? I’m tired of min cashing as well. Might as well play 50/50’s if I’m going to min cash, lol.

FD and yeah I know I was putting up decent scores but unless you have almost everyone in your lu get 30pts there is no chance of winning decent money. I took 2nd with a 170. Winner had 178

• moped_jones

@Ronboogie6 said...

FD and yeah I know I was putting up decent scores but unless you have almost everyone in your lu get 30pts there is no chance of winning decent money. I took 2nd with a 170. Winner had 178

I was pretty awful last night. Other than getting no pitching and no hitting….I did pretty well. :)

Just can’t seem to get pitching and hitting on the same night. Been a while since I even had a 170 LU. Baseball is such a crap shoot. Got a 208 one night then the next didn’t even break 70.

• moped_jones

@renegade68 said...

Mets LHB, Tigers (Avila & Iglesias to keep costs down), and I like Estrada vs. OAK – he should be good for 8 or more K’s.

I don’t watch many (any?) A’s games, but it always seems the wind is blowing out 10 MPH to right center. Is it almost always like that or did I just notice it b/c it’s been like that for a week?

• Ronboogie6

@moped_jones said...

I was pretty awful last night. Other than getting no pitching and no hitting….I did pretty well. :)

Just can’t seem to get pitching and hitting on the same night. Been a while since I even had a 170 LU. Baseball is such a crap shoot. Got a 208 one night then the next didn’t even break 70.

Yeah I started just keeping it simple at pitching. I take a top pitcher against a weak offense and don’t look back. Today I am taking Acher with tigers and some one offs as of now.

• feekdogg

@fenway2015 said...

franchy cordero has a higher value on FD than charlie blackmon ????????????? the pricing is totally insane

Someone must have hit the wrong key. This is almost as silly as when Kike was $220.

• SweeneyPhoto

@moped_jones said...

I don’t watch many (any?) A’s games, but it always seems the wind is blowing out 10 MPH to right center. Is it almost always like that or did I just notice it b/c it’s been like that for a week?

That’s pretty normal for O.Co, same as it is across the bay at AT&T

Watch for the rare warm nights in Oakland, the ball jumps out of there.

• Njsum1

Is Coors going to be lower owned than usual due to some other nice hitting spots?

• gaelicgirl

Too many choices today. Will play anyway, because lighting dollar bills on fire just isn’t as much fun.

• renegade68

@Ronboogie6 said...

Yeah I started just keeping it simple at pitching. I take a top pitcher against a weak offense and don’t look back. Today I am taking Acher with tigers and some one offs as of now.

Agreed, I gave up trying to predict when Mike Fiers or Julio Tehreran would have a decent game. Take a stud SP and roll with it. That said – I do typically like to pick on weak offenses in big ballparks, so I go against SD, SF, Philly, KC, Oak a lot depending on where they are playing.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

So many pitching choices, what to do? Up top I think I like Ray the best for the price. Wainwright is my favorite mid guy. Down low I’m going to see if Paulino can keep it up. Going to have a Clevinger share or 2 with CLE bats. Honestly not too hopeful for tonight after the past 3 days of doing well in the arcade and some ok regular MLB lineups.

• TeamTwerk

Paxton is just way too cheap, right?

• SweeneyPhoto

@TeamTwerk said...

Paxton is just way too cheap, right?

Yep, his advanced stats are very comparable to Max’s for thousands of dollars less. My only worry is him getting hurt.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).