8:05 PM EST : Miami ( 179 ) at Chi Cubs ( -195 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : NY Mets ( -150 ) at Texas ( 138 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Kansas City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:40 PM EST : Cleveland ( -115 ) at Colorado ( 106 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 173 ) at Arizona ( -188 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:05 PM EST : Toronto ( -142 ) at Oakland ( 131 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 189 ) at Seattle ( -206 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Washington ( -116 ) at LA Dodgers ( 107 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• KindGuy

Paxton is done. Damn.

• KindGuy

@eatmyturf23 said...

Okay, I just watched the 4 Scooter dongs… tl;dr = cardinals managers suck for letting that happen (after the 2nd), pitchers and catchers suck for letting that happen.

Dong #1, “the big one” :
    Catcher Molina targeted the fastball inside but over the plate, Wainwright delivered where it was asked. But bases loaded and a fastball over the plate?! Yes, let’s serve him some velocity he can use in a great location he can hit. In fact, his FAVORITE location according to his heatmap! Great scouting boys.

Dong #2 :
    Pitcher Gant was called to deliver low and outside. He hung it a little up and ran it inside, a mistake back in toward Scooter’s favorite location. Bad pitch.

Dong #3 :
    Maybe we should pitch around this guy, he’s got 7rbi and is now hot thanks to us… or let’s get a new pitcher in that wasn’t rung up by Scooter yet, to give him new looks. Nah…
    Pitcher Gant was called again to deliver low and outside. He hung it high up in the zone. Bad pitch again.

Dong #4 :
    Okay, let’s show respect and intentionally walk this guy, 4HR would be embarrassing. Nah…
    Pitcher Brebbia delivered a pitch in the SAME LOCATION as Dong #3. Why not, he won’t hit the same pitch would he? He’d know we know not to do that so we’ll do just that and trick him. Oops! Dong #4!

same team that took out c-mart last night and then let the bullpen implode.

they deserve it.

• KindGuy

Renfroe double dong. Dayummmmm

• Dirt_Lavert

Renfroe double dong, FFS hahaha

Scooter
    Renfroe
    Reynolds

8 HR total. What a massive lineup that will be when we see the optimal! hahahaha

• eatmyturf23

@elementasrat said...

same team that took out c-mart last night and then let the bullpen implode.

they deserve it.

Yep. Screw the damn Cards. Lettemrot

• acdawg712

think i finally cashed the bronze freeroll. Finally recognizing my 50-something cents/tournament in equity. what a dream.

• Dirt_Lavert

Khris Davis man come on hahaha

• Bay101

Score 260 on FD and barely winning. LOL

• Dirt_Lavert

@Bay101 said...

Score 260 on FD and barely winning. LOL

Scooter has 199.5 on DK arcade lmao. Savage.

• Dirt_Lavert

I made 2 arcade lineups and put up 215 and 206 hahahahahaha

• bigkino217

lmao i dont know shit about baseball, but i had a free entry on DK, picked random guys, noticed my 2nd baseman wasn’t playing today, and switched him out for gennett. what dumb luck

• madmanjayWV

@firepimp said...

I’ve played scooter 70% of the time when he’s started this year. Just a cheap veteran with some decent matchups and made me room for other guys.

I don’t play DFS tonight to take a break after losing 400 bucks in winnings slowly. And he goes apeshit lol

https://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4822075.jpg

• KindGuy

Crazy to think Rendon still had a bigger game against the Mets back in May.

• KindGuy

Scherzer gets the win.

• KindGuy

@elementasrat said...

Crazy to think Rendon still had a bigger game against the Mets back in May.

I mean April 30th

• KindGuy

@elementasrat said...

Scherzer is due for a negative point outing. I have no data to support my claim lol.

Glad I added that second part

• KindGuy

To recap tonight’s slate:

• chronoxiong

Looking at game winning scores and they are all in the 300’s. I had to ask myself, am I looking at a NBA GPP? No, it’s because some prick named Scooter Gennett had to hit 4 fricken dongs in one game. How the hell did the Cardinals continue to pitch to him? Why didn’t they send out a lefty against him after the 2nd or 3rd dong? What gives?

Anyways, I scored 186.9 which was good enough to win all my cash games and minimum GPP cash. I miss that feeling. I have been doing very well in MLB lately. The only day I sputtered was last Saturday but that’s because I was busy. I guess this is a game of streaks and I’m certainly on one right now.

• Dfspro83

Dfs mlb is so frustrating…scored 191 Sunday night and barely broke 100 the last 2 nights..went cute tonight with a orioles and tigers mini stack instead of the mets and mariners stack that i had…but then i didnt even think once about scooter…didnt see him recommended anywhere…but thats dfs for ya….any player can go off on any night….on to tomorrow’s slate with hopefully better luck

• Capone1233

@elementasrat said...

To recap tonight’s slate:

Man, i love the intensity. That’s old school baseball.

• txdave41

@Dfspro83 said...

Dfs mlb is so frustrating…scored 191 Sunday night and barely broke 100 the last 2 nights..went cute tonight with a orioles and tigers mini stack instead of the mets and mariners stack that i had…but then i didnt even think once about scooter…didnt see him recommended anywhere…but thats dfs for ya….any player can go off on any night….on to tomorrow’s slate with hopefully better luck

I never can seem to have a good cash day no matter what I did. I had Gennett and Reynolds in the same lineup. I still lost money because it was the cheapest crappiest payout contest in all of DFS with a whopping .70 cent profit.

Other lineups could not cash despite most of the batters having HRs because of all nights, Paxton burns me. Oh well, it has to turn around some day.

• SweeneyPhoto

Tried an interesting experiment yesterday.

I am a subscriber to the premium content, so I went in and looked at who the experts were picking as “can’t miss” hitters.

All were in good spots, and my research prior to looking at the experts thoughts concurred, so I locked them all into the LU builder, made twenty LU’s and entered them in the quarter arcade.

The core was Thames, Conforto, Cruz and J.D. Martinez.

They failed miserably, netting 30 points total and the LU builder didn’t grab Scooter as a value play, which I found interesting as it chose lots of Darwin Barney, Josh Rutledge and Escobar from KC.

None of the LU’s cashed, even with getting the pitching correct.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).