7:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -139 ) at Cincinnati ( 128 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:35 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 122 ) at Atlanta ( -132 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : NY Mets ( 136 ) at Texas ( -147 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : Miami ( 173 ) at Chi Cubs ( -188 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 121 ) at Milwaukee ( -131 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Houston ( -162 ) at Kansas City ( 149 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 165 ) at Arizona ( -180 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 114 ) at Seattle ( -123 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ElSlappo

Whenever Buck Farmer is on the slate, that old SNL Celebrity Jeopardy sketch is on my mind the entire day. The one where Connery’s Final Jeopardy answer is ‘Buck Futter’

I like Buck today, pair him with Zack and load up on Twins/O’s/Braves. What could go wrong?

Josh Rutledge quad-dong tonight?

• Roma315

The early only on FD is tough with Col/Cle pricing and Kershaw/Stras at $12.3 and $11.2k.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

Heyyyy guys, yesterday I collected some data and threw together some formulas in a spreadsheet to make a pretty nifty tool for doing DFS research. What it does, is on the main tab you can type in the pitchers pitching and it will spit out their full season stats (IP, K/9, BB/9, HR/9, HARD%, SOFT%, GB%, FB%, LD%, BABIP) and their righty/lefty splits in all of those categories as well.

It does the same for hitters, you type in the lineup of the team and it shows you the stats (PA, K%, BB%, WOBA, ISO, HARD%, SOFT%, GB%, FB%, BABIP), but only in splits form (vs. righties and vs. lefties).

So you have all the information right in front of you.

The problem is that the raw data isn’t going to update itself automatically, I will have to pull in new data every few days to use this.. but the data is current as of yesterday right now so if anybody wants to check it out and let me know what they think I’d love to hear from you!

You should be able to download the sheet here: http://tinyurl.com/y9u7jbjx

You can just reply to me here or email me at jon2anderson@comcast.net, if enough people enjoy this I might be willing to constantly update the data and share this file daily.

• mabrla

Tonight should be a solid slate. Make all da moneyz everyone.

• 7klub06

This early slate on DK tho 🤔, Strasburg and Kershaw are the best two pitchers on the slate but pricey as heck. Freeland is a big gamble only if Rockies played like they did last night

• mabrla

Anyone want to stake me for the FD Monster or Titan? Using BR management but by far my most confident slate of the year haha.

• cliang00

Hey the sheet looks pretty cool. Please add my email cliang00@yahoo.com if you have updated sheets. Where did you get raw data from?

• SweeneyPhoto

I’m fully expecting Liriano to throw a no-no today and ruin the slate, “because Liriano”.

• cliang00

@jon2anderson said...

Heyyyy guys, yesterday I collected some data and threw together some formulas in a spreadsheet to make a pretty nifty tool for doing DFS research. What it does, is on the main tab you can type in the pitchers pitching and it will spit out their full season stats (IP, K/9, BB/9, HR/9, HARD%, SOFT%, GB%, FB%, LD%, BABIP) and their righty/lefty splits in all of those categories as well.

It does the same for hitters, you type in the lineup of the team and it shows you the stats (PA, K%, BB%, WOBA, ISO, HARD%, SOFT%, GB%, FB%, BABIP), but only in splits form (vs. righties and vs. lefties).

The problem is that the raw data isn’t going to update itself automatically, I will have to pull in new data every few days to use this.. but the data is current as of yesterday right now so if anybody wants to check it out and let me know what they think I’d love to hear from you!

You can just reply to me here or email me at jon2anderson@comcast.net, if enough people enjoy this I might be willing to constantly update the data and share this file daily.

Hey the sheet looks pretty cool. Please add my email cliang00@yahoo.com if you have updated sheets. Where did you get raw data from?

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

@cliang00 I got it all from Fangraphs.. it was somewhat all manual, but their export feature makes it real easy. Maybe take 15 minutes to get all the data updated.

• Rachelynn51912

@cliang00 said...

Coud you add BRandon300815@hotmail.com to the list???

• Ronboogie6

@jon2anderson said...

This is pretty cool. I would use it everyday if you continued to update it.

• rottenhomerunapple

I really like Gardner and Didi vs Porcello tonight, Yadi great buy at 2900 vs Bronson in that bandbox park. Anyone gonna roll the dice on Farmer tonight?

• rottenhomerunapple

@jon2anderson said...

please send to rbader12@yahoo.com if updated daily.

• sharksbay

Kind of like this mornings slate. Ace vs ace and coors.

• hautalak

@rottenhomerunapple said...

Anyone gonna roll the dice on Farmer tonight?

Pretty tough not to have a share or 2 at that price. Gets in a lot of big bats. Let’s hope there is no repeat of last night though.

• 1greatbuyz

• x3

2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@ElSlappo said...

Whenever Buck Farmer is on the slate, that old SNL Celebrity Jeopardy sketch is on my mind the entire day. The one where Connery’s Final Jeopardy answer is ‘Buck Futter’

I like Buck today, pair him with Zack and load up on Twins/O’s/Braves. What could go wrong?

Josh Rutledge quad-dong tonight?

• moped_jones

Another great slate. Hopefully no Scooter Gennetts tonight (low owned player getting nearly 100 FD pts). Pretty much if you didn’t have him you had no real shot. Had him a few days ago and got a goose egg…which led to me switching him out at the last second to Walker (who did homer). This led me to bump up my 3b to Suarez who also homered. Made the “right” move and still somehow ended up being wrong, lol.

Tonight I like: Posey, Altuve, Mercer, Valencia, Nunez, Calhoun

Lots have lower priced people have been hot the last 10 games. So many ways to tackle the slate. You have two “worth the risk” cheap options in Pelfrey/Farmer and do a sick stack of hitters. Or go high/low (Greinke/Pelfrey or Farmer) and still put together a nice hitting lineup. This is definitely a slate where I am glad I am not only playing one LU.

• rog11sm

@jon2anderson said...

I love using fangraghs website. I have all my info saved on the customs saved report with the hitters and pitchers and what stats I like to use.
    If you build your report and then save it you can always click on the report , go to the top and scroll all the way to right in the address bar and just change the date and it will give you all the info just for that days pitchers and updated hitters . Does this make any sense ?

• rottenhomerunapple

@hautalak said...

Pretty tough not to have a share or 2 at that price. Gets in a lot of big bats. Let’s hope there is no repeat of last night though.

agreed with the big bats…managed to get in votto, altuve, sano, betts and stanton.

• yanksfan1

Buck Farmer today? Has some K upside

• KindGuy

Healy’s numbers against lefties are ridiculous but that park always scares me. Can’t remember the last time I rostered a hitter playing at the Coliseum or AT&T Park. Just so freaking big.

• KindGuy

@mabrla said...

Anyone want to stake me for the FD Monster or Titan? Using BR management but by far my most confident slate of the year haha.

This guy was looking to stake someone last night. Maybe he’s still interested tonight.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/mlb-6-6-1938245?page=3#reply-1938766

• KindGuy

@elementasrat said...

Healy’s numbers against lefties are ridiculous but that park always scares me. Can’t remember the last time I rostered a hitter playing at the Coliseum or AT&T Park. Just so freaking big.

Oops, I played Rosales last night but only for some salary relief. Lol.

• rog11sm

I am clearly doing something wrong as healy/davis/phegly/plouffe are all jumping out at me SAYING PICK ME ,PICK ME

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.