MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5:10 PM EST : Miami ( 129 ) at Boston ( -140 ) —- T: 9
    9:38 PM EST : Kansas City ( 118 ) at LA Angels ( -127 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 111 ) at San Diego ( -120 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

3 game slate? Did bhdevault accidentally post NHL playoffs up top?

P.S. Jayzee, you’re going to enter a lineup like this someday. I feel it in my bones.

P Corbin Burnes 11,000 ARI@MIL 43.35
    P Dylan Cease 9,400 DET@CWS 36.15
    C J.T. Realmuto 4,700 WAS@PHI 27.00
    1B Ryan Mountcastle 3,500 CLE@BAL 21.00
    2B Ramon Urias 2,100 CLE@BAL 23.00
    3B Brad Miller 3,700 WAS@PHI 22.00
    SS Amed Rosario 3,900 CLE@BAL 16.00
    OF Jesse Winker 4,100 CIN@STL 50.00
    OF Cedric Mullins 4,000 CLE@BAL 30.00
    OF Anthony Santander 3,300 CLE@BAL 21.00
    ————————————————————————————————-
    totals 49,700 289.50
    ~

• biga0787

Pablo López scratched?

• ifthethunder

@biga0787 said...

Pablo López scratched?

Carp. As if pitching wasn’t thin enough. Basically, you have Adbert Alzolay and your choice of poisons.

Dylan Bundy is finally priced near where he belongs, but I still hate playing him. Nick Pivetta is good, but it’s over 90 at Fenway and the wind is blowing out at 14 mph. So that leaves rookie phenom Jackson Kowar (I am playing him) and Ryan Weathers.
    ~

• yisman

I don’t understand how there is ever a 3 game day during the regular season, truthfully.

And look at the times. One game at 5:10 PM EDT then the next game at like 9:40 PM EDT. Huh?

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@yisman said...

I don’t understand how there is ever a 3 game day during the regular season, truthfully.

And look at the times. One game at 5:10 PM EDT then the next game at like 9:40 PM EDT. Huh?

Yeah, I don’t like it. You’d think they’d find a way for better balance. I’m assuming the reason so many teams are off, is because not every team plays Monday, but everyone played Memorial Day, so a lot of teams have been playing more days in a row than usual. Assuming that’s why, then more teams could have had Thursday off, or run some Monday/Tuesday 2 game series’ and give a couple teams Wednesday off. Anything is better than this.

• biga0787

I think if you fade the first game you will either be wayyyy ahead or wayyy behinf

• yisman

I didn’t even get my entries in. Right before lock I got an unpleasant tax surprise from the IRS.

• yisman

One could also ask why there’s a game scheduled at 5 PM local time on Monday. Traditionally, Monday/Tuesday/Friday don’t have afternoon games unless it’s Wrigley. I suppose Boston is flying out after the game tonight.

• ifthethunder

@biga0787 said...

I think if you fade the first game you will either be wayyyy ahead or wayyy behinf

I think that could be said of any of the games. I ended up playing each pitcher except anyone from the opener-reliever crew Miami has going in Boston. Now watch them shut down the Red Sox.

P.S. Panda, is this slate playable?
    ~

• jayzee666

@ifthethunder said...

3 game slate? Did bhdevault accidentally post NHL playoffs up top?

P.S. Jayzee, you’re going to enter a lineup like this someday. I feel it in my bones.

P Corbin Burnes 11,000 ARI@MIL 43.35
    P Dylan Cease 9,400 DET@CWS 36.15
    C J.T. Realmuto 4,700 WAS@PHI 27.00
    1B Ryan Mountcastle 3,500 CLE@BAL 21.00
    2B Ramon Urias 2,100 CLE@BAL 23.00
    3B Brad Miller 3,700 WAS@PHI 22.00
    SS Amed Rosario 3,900 CLE@BAL 16.00
    OF Jesse Winker 4,100 CIN@STL 50.00
    OF Cedric Mullins 4,000 CLE@BAL 30.00
    OF Anthony Santander 3,300 CLE@BAL 21.00
    ————————————————————————————————-
    totals 49,700 289.50
    ~

That will be the same day they find big foot riding a 🌈 colored unicorn!

• Pandamonious

@ifthethunder said...

I think that could be said of any of the games. I ended up playing each pitcher except anyone from the opener-reliever crew Miami has going in Boston. Now watch them shut down the Red Sox.

P.S. Panda, is this slate playable?
    ~

It’s definitely playable!

Still trying to decide how many lineups to do though. Definitely will play less than usual. Just going to make a few line ups I know I like, then see what happens.

Spoiler – I’ll basically be Kowar/Alzolay w/ Royals/Cubs.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Spoiler – I’ll basically be Kowar/Alzolay w/ Royals/Cubs.

I made 5 classic lineups, basically with every pitcher combo. Entered 18 contests.

Total entry fleas? $1.80 on the line, people! (I wasted a little more on the 2-game “featured” classic slate. But not much more.)
    ~

• Pandamonious

I’m not sure I ever felt anything was a trap more than Tatis tonight.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

I’m not sure I ever felt anything was a trap more than Tatis tonight.

How do you feel about Dylan Bundy?

Remember when DK priced him at 5 figures and we laughed? (Some of did, anyways.)
    ~

• Pandamonious

I’d rather play Bundy than Weathers. It’s just one of those things, where he’s going to be so highly owned, and he’s so average, that I just don’t like playing him. Yet, he’s probably the 2nd best pitcher on the slate, and the guy who is better ( Alzolay ) has a tougher match up.

• Pandamonious

Looks like I may have fell for the hot prospect debut again. It’s early and so on and so forth, but first 19 pitches and only 8 strikes, with 1 out and 1 run on the board. Does not look good.

• Pandamonious

Yeah that, -9.5 is probably going to be hard to make up.

• yisman

alzolay

FML

tanked me

• yisman

would’ve cashed even with that, but I made last minute decision to go Contreras/Upton over Stassi/Ohtani. 38 point swing. Geez.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).