7:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 122 ) at Washington ( -132 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : Miami ( 126 ) at Pittsburgh ( -137 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Boston ( 107 ) at NY Yankees ( -116 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 138 ) at Tampa Bay ( -150 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:35 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -107 ) at Atlanta ( -101 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : Colorado ( 185 ) at Chi Cubs ( -200 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Houston ( -195 ) at Kansas City ( 179 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 106 ) at Seattle ( -115 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• roach62

wtf…Kinsler with a SB?? lol

• SweeneyPhoto

Tigers are getting themselves out, swinging at balls out of the zone.

• hanezg

Mike Leake fuckin sucks

• dsoglin33

@hanezg said...

Mike Leake fuckin sucks

No earned runs through four…yeah what a bum

• RobertoTomba

I didn’t realize it until I saw it when looking for a bargain player: there’s a player for the Mariners named Boog Powell. It took some digging, but I found that he’s no relation to the former Baltimore slugger. It’s just that his dad was a fan of the original Boog, and he happened to have the same last name.

• RobertoTomba

@7klub06 said...

Is this the day that the Cardinals bats go crazy?

I thought “YES”, but…

• jackflak55

Again, the stupid touts got pitching all wrong already. Why do I keep listening to them?!!!

Today, with stupid Fulmer, I didn’t even make it past lunchtime, and my day is already over.

I’m starting to this these stupid touts purposefully pump up players they DON’T like, in order to drive ownership away from players they do like. That way the sharks get to keep eating the fish, and those of us who think this used to be a fun hobby can keep getting sheared.

Stupid.

• jackflak55

@feekdogg said...

I usually download it to my iPod (yes, I still use an iPod) before I go to work and listen to it at 1.5x speed to save a little time. Now I’m listening to it on my work computer at regular speed. I’ve gotten so used to listening to his speech and patterns at accelerated speed that listening to it at “normal” speed, it sounds like Stevie is struggling to get out of quicksand.

feekdogg: are you the same feekdogg from rubechat?

• CSMWSU17

Would have been better off if Fulmer got scratched

• jackflak55

Does anyone know if (apart from single-pitcher sites), if there is a game that isn’t all pitching? I’m getting tired of chalk pitchers getting shelled, and then my lineup is wrecked in less time than it took to build. It keeps happening. The solution would be to roster mid-range pitchers, and just keep your fingers-crossed they don’t get shelled, but that is just as stupid and not fun.

So, this is a strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

• stclairan

Torres for $0 on FD? Made debut last night with 12.5 FDpts

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@jackflak55 said...

Does anyone know if (apart from single-pitcher sites), if there is a game that isn’t all pitching? I’m getting tired of chalk pitchers getting shelled, and then my lineup is wrecked in less time than it took to build. It keeps happening. The solution would be to roster mid-range pitchers, and just keep your fingers-crossed they don’t get shelled, but that is just as stupid and not fun.

So, this is a strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

I love it when cheap pitching is available- new guys eager to prove themselves, for instance. I keep hearing “Take a wait and see approach” from the commentary regarding these guys, but why wait until their price catches up with them? When they are priced the same as a batter, you get ultimate roster flexibility, an unknown degree of upside if he does well, and the safety that, if he performs poorly, he will likely be on a short leash anyway and get pulled, limiting the damage.

• KindGuy

They’re the perfect GPP plays. Noone has any clue how they’ll perform at the Major League level.

• jackflak55

That is the only strategy I haven’t tried yet. I used to try and get get two 2nd-tier pitchers. One who I thought would have the most Ks, and the other who had the best chance to make it deep into a game. This worked for me very well, up until about Memorial Day, when no matter the pitcher I pick, they all suck.
    There’s really no point to playing with so much variance. There’s no skill involved, and no way to predict, even within about 25% of how any pitcher will score. It’s not even like throwing darts, it’s like playing bingo, even in cash games. If you don’t have the technology and money to play, it’s a huge waste of time.

• jackflak55

@elementasrat said...

They’re the perfect GPP plays. Noone has any clue how they’ll perform at the Major League level.

I disagree. Most people know that they will suck.
    And if they don’t suck, then good for you! You are a blind squirrel who found a nut. Whoop-de-doo!
    It’s a lottery that deceives people into thinking it’s not, and that’s the genius of it.

• Ronboogie6

Anybody think it’s worth dropping from McCullers to Odorizzi to upgrade from Swanson to Correa?

Odorizzi is much better at home. He only has one game under 30 fd pts (18) and that was against the Yankees.

• murphstahoe

Brewers have Cueto dialed in

• KindGuy

Thames smash

• Lathum

@Ronboogie6 said...

Anybody think it’s worth dropping from McCullers to Odorizzi to upgrade from Swanson to Correa?

Odorizzi is much better at home. He only has one game under 30 fd pts (18) and that was against the Yankees.

GPP I would say it is. Cash no

• RobertoTomba

@Ronboogie6 said...

I like it. I started out with McCullers, then started to look at his record away…he’s not terrible, but also not nearly as good as he is at home.

• RobertoTomba

All-time lowest price I’ve ever seen in any sport: Ramón Torres is listed at $0 on FanDuel. I might just roster him because it opens up so many possibilities.

• fenway2015

like Bergman of Seattle tonight as a low owned pitcher

• Lathum

Angels stack against Fullmer. Was so obvious in hindsight.

• coyotes01

Fairly certain that the coaching staff for the Tigers is trying to lose this game with their pitching moves today.

• SweeneyPhoto

LAA are BABIPing the Tigers to death

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).