7:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 122 ) at Washington ( -132 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : Miami ( 126 ) at Pittsburgh ( -137 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Boston ( 107 ) at NY Yankees ( -116 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 138 ) at Tampa Bay ( -150 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:35 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -107 ) at Atlanta ( -101 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : Colorado ( 185 ) at Chi Cubs ( -200 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Houston ( -195 ) at Kansas City ( 179 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 106 ) at Seattle ( -115 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• dsoglin33

@stellagirl said...

Line had dropped on Wash a bit, too, with ZImm and Murf out.

Changes the game for sure, No Murphy, Rendon, Zimmerman…Don’t know if I’m bold enough to go Asher in Washington still

• ASitar

Matt Adams (4 HRs in L5) or Gurriel? DK.

• Mrmet8692

Anyone feeling the no hitter hangover in Pitt?? Might win some money tonight plating the bucos!

• mistermoneybags

What are people’s thoughts on B. Harper tonight? I want to play him in the Arcade but fear with that weak-a** lineup they’ve trotted out Baltimore will just walk him 4 times….

• mabrla

My entire lineup is dependant on a SP getting blown up and a particular long reliever coming in for a second beating.

In other words it’s perfect.

• mabrla

@TeamTwerk said...

Dude, It’s baseball. Great players in great spots can have bad days. The game involves swinging a stick at a ball traveling over 90 mph in an enormous field. There is a ton of randomness in the sport. Don’t be so resorts oriented. They could’ve been very good plays that didn’t workout and sometimes bad plays will do well. The worst batter in the league could wear a blindfold and at least once in awhile hit a home run off of Kershaw.

Or he could have done his own research and noticed the Angels all had an enormous average exit velocity vs. Fulmer.

I didn’t play the early slate or look what happened in that game but when I researched it earlier Pujols/Espinosa/Cron/Simmons all seemingly mashed him.

Now I’m excited to look and see what happened.

• KindGuy

@mabrla said...

My entire lineup is dependant on a SP getting blown up and a particular long reliever coming in for a second beating.

In other words it’s perfect.

Lmao I know exactly who you’re talking about.

• mabrla

Meh not much.

• mabrla

@elementasrat said...

Lmao I know exactly who you’re talking about.

Hahahahahaha. Check my DM.

• MrPerfekt7

McCullers worth the play tonight?
    Also thoughts on Odorizzi?

• IronMonkey415

Judge Dread is due for a homer, it’s been a while.

• murphstahoe

thames owners should lose 10 points for the ball he just butchered.

Gotta love when one team somehow squeaks in 2 runs to get an extra inning, and then gives up 4 runs.

• KindGuy

@mabrla said...

Hahahahahaha. Check my DM.

Interesting…..

Not the guy I expected.

• jackflak55

@7klub06 said...

Early slate was a waste of money smh

“Quick Breakdown: Fulmer is an elite play in all formats in the early slate.”

• mbunner23

Last outfield spot, who do you guys like more. Gamel or Markakis?

• IronMonkey415

I didn’t read anything. I picked Fulmer on my own and thought I would win it all…LOL

• jackflak55

@TeamTwerk said...

Dude, It’s baseball. Great players in great spots can have bad days. The game involves swinging a stick at a ball traveling over 90 mph in an enormous field. There is a ton of randomness in the sport. Don’t be so resorts oriented. They could’ve been very good plays that didn’t workout and sometimes bad plays will do well. The worst batter in the league could wear a blindfold and at least once in awhile hit a home run off of Kershaw.

Precisely why MLB DFS isn’t a game of skill. It’s a lottery.
    I guess it’s not for me, and I should just stick to football.

I think really I’m just mad at DK for giving me their stupid “BIG WIN” badge, and now I can’t play casual contests, and got cleaned out in short order.

It’s all sharks and guppies, and nowhere for novices to play.

• jwayne1976

Bleh, Fulmer was basically an auto play in non MME games, and his suckiness didn’t really make a difference. Was in winning lineup in DK $12 single entry, and I finished 20th or so with Fulmer/Corbin. Sometimes good plays don’t work out. Often. Big fucking deal, move on.

• Dfspro83

Does a 3-2-1-1-1 stack work in tournaments?

• jwayne1976

@Dfspro83 said...

Anything goes in tournaments. Except playing RA Dickey. Don’t do that.

• murphstahoe

Bleah I know nothing thus Hou/TB/Seattle. Odorizzi/Chatwood.

• TeamTwerk

@mabrla said...

Or he could have done his own research and noticed the Angels all had an enormous average exit velocity vs. Fulmer.

I didn’t play the early slate or look what happened in that game but when I researched it earlier Pujols/Espinosa/Cron/Simmons all seemingly mashed him.

Now I’m excited to look and see what happened.

I didn’t see much of the enormous exit velocity from the Angels today. Fullmer was pitching fine for the first few innings and then he got BABIP’d hard when the Angels hit about 10 weak singles in a row that happened to find gaps.

• Dirt_Lavert

@Dfspro83 said...

8 game slate it’s guna be harder probably but yea anything goes. Seen crazy shit of all one offs or just a pairing on the big tuesday slates that are 15 games I think

• eatmyturf23

@Dirt_Lavert said...

8 game slate it’s guna be harder probably but yea anything goes. Seen crazy shit of all one offs or just a pairing on the big tuesday slates that are 15 games I think

(dude, check your PMs lol)

So, I rolled out Asher today in the $12 Line Drive (low 49 entries). I’m the only guy with him. And in the $1 3-max (11k peeps), where I have him at 1%. Considering the guy has done well in relief pitching and a few starts (low wOBA and HC% to both sides), and that the Nationals didn’t play Zimmerman, Rendon, or Murphy, this could go really well.

Of course, I rolled out McCullers in cash. ;) Watch that blow up in my face tho, hahahahaha.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).