6:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -111 ) at Baltimore ( 103 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 119 ) at Pittsburgh ( -129 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -111 ) at Cleveland ( 103 ) —- T: 7
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 148 ) at Boston ( -161 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( -210 ) at NY Mets ( 192 ) —- T: 7
    8:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -110 ) at Minnesota ( 102 ) —- T: 8
    10:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 0 ) at LA Angels ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -182 ) at San Diego ( 167 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

2 game early slate on FD.

Morton is super expensive. Coors bats are super expensive. The only way to play Morton it seems is to play OAK bats against him.

All of the cheap bats on HOU and OAK are all projected at the bottom of the order right now, with the exception of Fowler.

• BUFUu2

@superjon said...

2 game early slate on FD.

Morton is super expensive. Coors bats are super expensive. The only way to play Morton it seems is to play OAK bats against him.

All of the cheap bats on HOU and OAK are all projected at the bottom of the order right now, with the exception of Fowler.

it is tough trying to pair him with cahill and colorado games bats and it is tough have to use 3 oakland bats

• biga0787

Contrarian thing is probably going to be stacking Houston against Cahill coming back off the the dl presumably on a pitch count.

• superjon

@biga0787 said...

Contrarian thing is probably going to be stacking Houston against Cahill coming back off the the dl presumably on a pitch count.

I’ve got Cahill with a mini HOU stack

And

Ray with a ARI stack

• NarrowJ

@biga0787 said...

What do you think about using a relief pitcher to fit bats today? Trivino has pitched multiple innings in two straight and is 3 days rest today. That’s $1500 extra for bats, but also with the assumption that he outperforms Cahill.

• Semaj89

@NarrowJ said...

What do you think about using a relief pitcher to fit bats today? Trivino has pitched multiple innings in two straight and is 3 days rest today. That’s $1500 extra for bats, but also with the assumption that he outperforms Cahill.

That’s probably the way to go on the two gamer.

• NarrowJ

@Semaj89 said...

That’s probably the way to go on the two gamer.

Guess you could also take a 0 at some position like C 2B or SS with a 2k bat to save a couple thousand.

LuCroy, Marisnick and Marwin will be used as salary savers today (assuming they play).

• biga0787

Baseball has been killing me all season. I see his Cahill having a pitch count problem. Really need to hear what he is going to throw. If he can get the same 15 as last time in 6.0 Innings I’m ok with that.

• NarrowJ

Cahill threw 65 pitches in his last rehab start, which is pretty standard/customary. I’d say given his injury type (achilles) that he should be okay to throw his normal allotment. I really never like pitchers on the road vs HOU though, so idk.

ARI is kinda scary, but I can see Freeland getting 16 FP today or thereabouts even if he gives up a dinger or a couple solos.

• Semaj89

We could also just not play the slate lol

• NarrowJ

@Semaj89 said...

That is probably the best option! haha

I kinda see Morton having one of his ho-hum performances today, maybe 18-20 fp. Oakland’s been great the last 3 weeks or so and they can actually hit away from that cavern of a stadium there in OAK. Maybe I’m worrying too much about how to even roster him.

• KindGuy

@Semaj89 said...

I was gonna say the same thing but didn’t want to come off as rude lol

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Hate 2 game slates, but I’ll probably play a little. If I was only making one line up I’d want 5 D-Backs. Probably Murphy, Goldy, Marte, Pollack, and Ahmed. Probably would have to sacrifice Pollack for Souza though. Then just fit in whatever else I could.

I don’t hate the Trivino idea mentioned above. I could easily see him throwing 2 today with Cahill probably limited. My only hang up is Cahill is only 1,500 more and Ray 1,800 more and they’ll see more work. Although that savings goes a long way.

• hithisisnom

Cahill/Ray/A’s/D-Backs is extremely contrarian but also extremely stupid. So I’m gonna throw in at least one. Cahill could pretty easily go something like 4 IP, 2 H, BB, 4K for about ~15 points and be fine.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@NarrowJ said...

That is probably the best option! haha

I kinda see Morton having one of his ho-hum performances today, maybe 18-20 fp. Oakland’s been great the last 3 weeks or so and they can actually hit away from that cavern of a stadium there in OAK. Maybe I’m worrying too much about how to even roster him.

The thing is though that if Morton scores 20, he might double, nearly even triple any other pitcher on the slate and you’ll have to have him. Although I guess the argument to that is if Cahill, Freeland, and Ray all score less than 10 FP’s then you’re going to need the bats that beat them up and none of them are cheap.

• manny_takin_over

hey guys, im new here about a week in premium. is there certain things i should definitely look at when building i use lineups hq

• NarrowJ

@Pandamonious said...

The thing is though that if Morton scores 20, he might double, nearly even triple any other pitcher on the slate and you’ll have to have him. Although I guess the argument to that is if Cahill, Freeland, and Ray all score less than 10 FP’s then you’re going to need the bats that beat them up and none of them are cheap.

After looking at this a bit more-

Freeland averages 19 DK pts at home.
    He had a start at home vs ARI earlier this year and scored 17 DK pts.
    The wind is blowing in a little (nothing fierce, 8 mph or so).

I think Freeland could come close to equaling Morton today, for half the price.

No matter what I choose, it’ll be wrong though. So there’s that.

• aliemeb

contrarian? that’s the chalk, coming off DL or not. Hou is gonna be the highest owned.

• Semaj89

Ok someone named Martini is leading off for OAK. You have to have a martini if playing this slate.

• 7klub06

The As shelled Lance last night, could they easily shell Morton?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@NarrowJ said...

After looking at this a bit more-

Freeland averages 19 DK pts at home.
    He had a start at home vs ARI earlier this year and scored 17 DK pts.
    The wind is blowing in a little (nothing fierce, 8 mph or so).

I think Freeland could come close to equaling Morton today, for half the price.

No matter what I choose, it’ll be wrong though. So there’s that.

I think if you’re making multiple line ups having exposure to Freeland makes sense, but I’d be shocked if he had a repeat performance. Although he avg’s more DK points at home he doesn’t have the numbers to support that. I know the D-Backs strikeout a good amount, but Freeland isn’t normally an 8 K’s in 6 innings guy. Plus the D-backs didn’t have Pollack or Souza then, they had Dyson and Marrero in the line up. Today’s line up is a lot more dangerous.

• stugots219

Give me the dirty Martini for the cheap punt. Extra olives. Titos

• lovpink

Martini is batting 100 at the big league level so I’m sure hell jack out the first pitch I’m playing 5 rocks hoping they knock ray out early there bullpen is shot and i have a sickness called recency bias

• superjon

Changed my Cahill to Morton. Found a way. It’s ugly though.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@lovpink said...

Martini is batting 100 at the big league level so I’m sure hell jack out the first pitch I’m playing 5 rocks hoping they knock ray out early there bullpen is shot and i have a sickness called recency bias

Their bullpen isn’t shot. Descalso and Avila did most of the relief work last night with De La Rosa and Hirano. Everyone else is fine.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.