MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Make sure you try out our new chat. Here’s a link to our MLB specific channel: https://chat.rotogrinders.com/channel/mlb

7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 140 ) at Pittsburgh ( -152 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Texas ( 113 ) at Baltimore ( -122 ) —- T: 10.5
    7:10 PM EST : Arizona ( -135 ) at Cincinnati ( 125 ) —- T: 10
    7:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 130 ) at Miami ( -141 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -115 ) at NY Mets ( 106 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:35 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -107 ) at Atlanta ( -101 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -128 ) at Minnesota ( 118 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 186 ) at Houston ( -203 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -309 ) at Chi Sox ( 279 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 103 ) at Kansas City ( -111 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 138 ) at Colorado ( -150 ) —- T: 11.5
    10:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -113 ) at Oakland ( 104 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : Washington ( 117 ) at LA Angels ( -127 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -130 ) at SF Giants ( 120 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 NASCAR Live Finalist

• Blogger of the Month

I did some writing on reddit awhile back and wanted to try to get back into it. Would appreciate if people check out my first post on RG!

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/the-elite-plays-dk-mlb-18-07-2017-1983951

Also if this isn’t allowed then I apologize in advance.

• finsup613

is fanduel not offering mixup mode today?

• dds2190

Am I crazy to think that Lamet has the stuff to succeed in Coors? Fastball/slider combo pitcher with high K upside. I know he’s gotten blown up a few times this year, but I’m willing to take the risk for an SP2 at $7K on DK.

• Ndepompei

soooo what will the yankees stack ownership be? 30%?

• IrishCarBomb9

Really good stuff Joe Flacco I say…elite!

• mathewsmarner

philly bats put up 4 runs in the third yesterday, might be a good addition when one rosters kershaw

it’s kind of ironic too that the cheapest hitters are facing a pitcher who gives up the most walks on the slate that includes kershaw

• Syzltuth

My last big hit was way back on may 27th, a day before my birthday and I played Johnson against tor. Today is my wedding anniversary and Johnson is pitching against tor, I’m all in!

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@Syzltuth said...

My last big hit was way back on may 27th, a day before my birthday and I played Johnson against tor. Today is my wedding anniversary and Johnson is pitching against tor, I’m all in!

Johnson was against the Mariners on the 27th of May. He allowed four runs to the Blue Jays in April.

• stellagirl

Crazy thought….

Might roll with Kershaw ($14k) and Castro ($2.2k) in a few LUs. If Kershaw can put up 40 and assuming Castro doesn’t pitch, that would be the same as getting 20 pts from two $8100 pitchers and leaves $4200 on the table for bats.

It might be the safest way to get to 40 pts at the P spot today for under $16,500.

Hmmmm…..

• Syzltuth

@Epignosis said...

Johnson was against the Mariners on the 27th of May. He allowed four runs to the Blue Jays in April.

lol you’re right, I was looking at the wrong line. Doh

• jessedio

Easiest fade of the night is Kershaw..lol 14k is comical.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

First look of things, there’s a lot of high priced bats that I want, and not many cheap ones… going to be almost impossible to get Kershaw into the one lineup I play a night… thinking about going Peacock+”(player-popup)Edwin Jackson”:/players/edwin-jackson-10662 and then getting some big bats.

• bucherpsu08

Kershaw is pretty easy to fit if you stack the Angels. Jackson is awful.

• 7klub06

Will Judge get out of his post all-star slump and smack some home runs

• Matticus1458

@7klub06 said...

Will Judge get out of his post all-star slump and smack some home runs

I think he definitely will, but I don’t know if it will be tonight. He had some hard hit balls in Fenway that just didn’t go his way, and then he finally hit that bomb to center field but JBJ made an amazing play. I feel like that would have been a home run in a lot of other ballparks. Girardi might sit him tonight.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

@stellagirl said...

Crazy thought….

Might roll with Kershaw ($14k) and Castro ($2.2k) in a few LUs. If Kershaw can put up 40 and assuming Castro doesn’t pitch, that would be the same as getting 20 pts from two $8100 pitchers and leaves $4200 on the table for bats.

It might be the safest way to get to 40 pts at the P spot today for under $16,500.

Hmmmm…..

this is an intriguing thought haha. Would you rather play Kershaw and a 0, or Lamet and Clevinger? Both cost basically the same..

• ASitar

Kershaw and Rendon are combining for 70 DK points tonight. Lamet is the lowest pitcher that I’m taking that’s not coming off injury. If Zunino plays tonight he’s my favorite play at C.

Good luck tonight.

• stellagirl

@jon2anderson said...

this is an intriguing thought haha. Would you rather play Kershaw and a 0, or Lamet and Clevinger? Both cost basically the same..

Kershaw and a 0 might be safer for the same salary.

Lamer against the Rockies at coors means there is some chance he puts up a low, or even negative score.

• bluewurm

@stellagirl said...

Kershaw and a 0 might be safer for the same salary.

Lamer against the Rockies at coors means there is some chance he puts up a low, or even negative score.

are you trying to cash or win? if you’re playing a GPP a “safe zero” seems like a bad idea. you are better off with two pitchers with at least a small chance of each getting 30 points rather than a 40 point pitcher and 0 (though maybe you get really lucky and he pitches a scoreless inning with 2 K’s in relief?)

i see the attraction in cash games though, especially if 14K finally keeps Kershaw under 50% (it wont)

• mabrla

I don’t roster pitchers in mediocre matchups on the road, when they cost so much that I get upset if they give up a single. I don’t see 40points vs. the White Sox. If he goes for 35 even I’d be tilted rostering him.

• Mrmet8692

No one has mentioned Blake Snell be a sneaky pitcher for those wanting to fade Kershaw. Nice big ballpark in Oakland. If the guy can stop walking the Army, he will put up a quality start.

• Ronboogie6

What does everyone think about Arizona? They are incredibly cheap right now cause they have been so bad as of late and are on the road.

I love playing batters at Great American. I think I am gonna stack them to fit in Kershaw on FD.

• dsoglin33

McCutchen and Schwarber or Gardner and Pham?

• chipblunt

For Arizona I like Lamb to bust out.

• jdogg7811

@dsoglin33 said...

McCutchen and Schwarber or Gardner and Pham?

McCutchen and Schwarber. Or McCutchen and Polanco.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.