7:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 108 ) at NY Yankees ( -116 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 119 ) at Cincinnati ( -129 ) —- T: 10
    7:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 187 ) at Cleveland ( -204 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:20 PM EST : Washington ( -127 ) at Atlanta ( 117 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 130 ) at Minnesota ( -141 ) —- T: 11
    9:07 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at LA Angels ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:40 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -102 ) at Arizona ( -106 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:45 PM EST : NY Mets ( -111 ) at SF Giants ( 102 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@jayzee666 said...

Damn u reaper, stay away from my betting hobby!!

Help me out Jayzee, who are you playing tonight?

• hcassidy

So, I see DK is breaking their own rules on locked games at a set time again. I was always told lock is lock and no otherwise on MLB games when scheduled but now they are doing it again with the Rays/Yankees scheduled 7:05 game, stating they will push the slate back to 7:10 and the Rays/Yankees are in play when the game starts. Yet they don’t do it for any other sport but for some reason this year they have twice now for MLB. Sorry kinda annoyed by this as they wouldn’t do the same for NBA Summer League when they knew L/U were almost impossible to find and games ran long yet the ‘Slate Locked’. Tennis or Golf after start of 1st player the ‘Slate Locks’ yet prior to the match or tee time the player WD, yet time to pivot to a player, yet they say its against the ‘Rules’. Yet twice they have broken their own rules regarding MLB, guessing they must be in trouble of losing that sponsorship money from MLB.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

I think it depends on the situation. It’s not as simple as it seems. For whatever it’s worth they’ve moved lock on NASCAR this year too. Not just MLB. They do it to help you and at times, like the ASG, to help themselves.

Summer League is like rec basketball. Game times move constantly. Official start times are thrown out the window regularly. To stay on top of multiple moving parts is a completely different animal. Summer league you usually don’t know who’s starting or sitting before the team takes the court. Moving lock times wouldn’t benefit anyone there.

There’s no way the Yankees/Rays game starts at 7:05. Them moving official lock time to 7:10 is a good thing. I don’t know why it’s worth complaining about? It’s especially good if you want to stack the Yankees or Rays, as you can just place hold them and move them knowing you’re probably going to get a line up before the game starts now, but not before 7:05.

• mr_papageorgio

Nats stack with Noah and Gibson looks good but doesn’t leave a whole lot to work with. I don’t wanna play Hudson in the smallpark…Davies could be in play since I think the Snakes got a month worth of runs last night, especially if Marte sits.

Don’t really love this slate but I have to play after my second best night of the year last night.

• hcassidy

@Pandamonious said...

I think it depends on the situation. It’s not as simple as it seems. For whatever it’s worth they’ve moved lock on NASCAR this year too. Not just MLB. They do it to help you and at times, like the ASG, to help themselves.

Summer League is like rec basketball. Game times move constantly. Official start times are thrown out the window regularly. To stay on top of multiple moving parts is a completely different animal. Summer league you usually don’t know who’s starting or sitting before the team takes the court. Moving lock times wouldn’t benefit anyone there.

There’s no way the Yankees/Rays game starts at 7:05. Them moving official lock time to 7:10 is a good thing. I don’t know why it’s worth complaining about? It’s especially good if you want to stack the Yankees or Rays, as you can just place hold them and move them knowing you’re probably going to get a line up before the game starts now, but not before 7:05.

Lock was Lock last year even when they offered a DH. Just saying, either you keep the same ‘Rules’ or you change it before the season starts, just don’t throw it out because the 1st game just started and 1:38 minutes after it was supposed to start. The logical was not to offer either but yet they didn’t but yet they removed the same situations by removing the game from the later slate.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@mr_papageorgio said...

Nats stack with Noah and Gibson looks good but doesn’t leave a whole lot to work with. I don’t wanna play Hudson in the smallpark…Davies could be in play since I think the Snakes got a month worth of runs last night, especially if Marte sits.

Don’t really love this slate but I have to play after my second best night of the year last night.

What you got against Roark? Huh, huh?

• jayzee666

@Pandamonious said...

Help me out Jayzee, who are you playing tonight?

Refer to Plays of the Day blog by Donny Dong Bags! Not making my own picks anymore!

• txdave41

@Njsum1 said...

Let me know if you want my opinion, and i’ll send you a PM.

Sure PM me. I shouldn’t have made that post. No one wants to hear my venting.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

What you got against Roark? Huh, huh?

Park and weather mostly. I don’t see him getting blown up but I’m not sure I like him more than Gibson. The Cards have been bad for awhile though…

AZ is only starting 3 lefties which is good for Davies. I think I might just roll the dice and hope I can squeeze 10 to 15 out of him. If the Nats don’t go off it won’t matter either way.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

WTH everything is full already?? What are they trying to do… make me play the fencebuster?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@Unico10 said...

WTH everything is full already?? What are they trying to do… make me play the fencebuster?

Right? I was making line ups, noticed it was getting kind of full. Went into the kitchen, came back, and it was full. Don’t know what to do now? Have 4 line ups already made. Not sure if I’ll just sit on them or start entering that $10 contest.

• ASitar

Tyler O’Neill gonna keep smashing?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Right? I was making line ups, noticed it was getting kind of full. Went into the kitchen, came back, and it was full. Don’t know what to do now? Have 4 line ups already made. Not sure if I’ll just sit on them or start entering that $10 contest.

I reserved 5 in the $55 it has a nice pay structure if it isn’t full as well.

The 150 I built in a hurry trying to beat the clock… I threw them in a mini MINIMAX

• ASitar

And is Fiers, albeit risky, a great contrarian play? Do you play Freeman who is 18-53 with 6 2Bs and 4 HRs vs Stras? Single bullet DK

• mr_papageorgio

@Unico10 said...

I reserved 5 in the $55 it has a nice pay structure if it isn’t full as well.

The 150 I built in a hurry trying to beat the clock… I threw them in a mini MINIMAX

150 spots left in the $55. Get em quick!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@ASitar said...

And is Fiers, albeit risky, a great contrarian play? Do you play Freeman who is 18-53 with 6 2Bs and 4 HRs vs Stras? Single bullet DK

To me, no. I think the price, upside, risk is a little wobbly. I get it though. He’s been very, very consistent.

You can play Freeman. If I was only making 1 line up my 1B would be Alonso, personally. Or Votto if I really wanted to save money.

• telestraightshooter

@cjs5555 said...

try googling! there is a lot of random baseball research out there. I’ve never looked for that, but in the past have found some good stuff on teams playing the day after travel and shifting from east to west coast and vice versa

uhhh, yeah.

probably the biggest edge to be aware of in MLB wagering; refered to get-away-games
    so much so MLB changed rule a couple years ago that that a road team must play by 1pm if they have a game next day or night.

directly affects DFS of course.

• fewer runs score.
    • 15-25% of usual starters rest.
    • some umps zones shrink, ‘cause they too have a plane to catch

• ASitar

@Pandamonious said...

To me, no. I think the price, upside, risk is a little wobbly. I get it though. He’s been very, very consistent.

You can play Freeman. If I was only making 1 line up my 1B would be Alonso, personally. Or Votto if I really wanted to save money.

I’m going Noah/Fiers + Braves 3/4/7 + Det 2/9. Ugly like most of the winning LUs since AS break.

• ASitar

I mean for the cheap Castro iIS 2-5 w a 2bl and a steal vs Bauer

• gravitymaze

40 minutes left and can’t enter the rg single entry fd tourney

• gravitymaze

Thoughts on this nights pitching?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@gravitymaze said...

Thoughts on this nights pitching?

I would suggest fading Matt Harvey, Kyle Wright, and Chad Green, although one will still probably do well. While one or more of Morton/Bauer/Stras/Boyd will get shelled.

Basically, what I’m saying is I don’t know.

Not sure outside of DK, but I kind of like Kelly tonight.

• BravesStacks

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, makes sense. Keller will definitely be chalk and can easily flop, even at that tag consider his skill level and the weather. History of success at home and high GB rate will most likely keep things in check, but nothing would surprise me there. Making 12 line ups myself and will be heavy on Keller like most, but will definitely hedge a couple White Sox stacks.

Give me 2 safe pitchers and game stack to comfortably cash

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

Really torn on Kelly. See, this morning the numbers suggested to me that there was something there. I liked him, Sometimes you have to trust the numbers. This afternoons slate I didn’t trust the numbers, I went with gut and got burned. On the flip side, I think the Brewers will be really low owned overall, and Kelly is certainly capable of getting rocked heavily. So, ultimately I have Kelly shares and Brewers stacks. Hoping one is right.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@BravesStacks said...

Give me 2 safe pitchers and game stack to comfortably cash

Geez…Uh,

Boyd/Roak with CIN/HOU

Play with it for a few minutes, you’ll figure it out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.