7:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 170 ) at Boston ( -185 ) —- T: 10
    8:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -143 ) at Kansas City ( 132 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : San Diego ( 192 ) at St. Louis ( -210 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 125 ) at Colorado ( -135 ) —- T: 11.5
    9:40 PM EST : Toronto ( -193 ) at Arizona ( 177 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Houston ( -161 ) at Oakland ( 148 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:05 PM EST : Texas ( 110 ) at LA Angels ( -119 ) —- T: 10
    10:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -111 ) at Seattle ( 103 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• pick6er

Syndergaard vs Arrieta is a rough way to open the slate. I sense a lot of Salazar or Martinez on tonights forecast.

• Brandon6385

I think I might be on Salazar tonight..

• donkshow

I think you’re missing a few games up there.

MIA@PHI
    CLE@KC
    HOU@OAK

• lastcallcasualty

Vinny Barbarino vs. the Marlins is my guy tonight.

• jonconnington

I have a question with regards to stacking.

Is it considered stacking if you have the 1,2,4,6 batters in the lineup or does it HAVE to be 1,2,3,4?

Also, what if the matchup is good for right handed batters and you can play the 1,2,4 hitters (who are all righties) do you still play the 3 hitter even though he is a lefty just to make sure you have the stack, or is it ok to leave him out and play a solo player from another team?

• feekdogg

Had my first good night in some time last night. Would have been even better had the Shitcago White Sux pen not pissed away Sale’s gem. Now tonight when I have about 10x my normal amount on the line thanks to tickets, I’m sure I’ll lay a giant egg.

• strassnerte

Let’s start the talk about all of those cheap pitchers tonight. I know they are deservedly priced that low, but it has happened time and time again that they can win gpps (Boyd last night). The one with the most potential is Lopez from Washington. Does anyone know if he will be on a pitch count? I am also struggling with my decision between Salazar, Martinez, and Quintana.

• Brandon6385

@strassnerte said...

Salazar, Martinez, and Quintana.

Martinez
    Quintana
    Salazar

• kmart35

@strassnerte said...

Let’s start the talk about all of those cheap pitchers tonight. I know they are deservedly priced that low, but it has happened time and time again that they can win gpps (Boyd last night). The one with the most potential is Lopez from Washington. Does anyone know if he will be on a pitch count? I am also struggling with my decision between Salazar, Martinez, and Quintana.

I’d argue Anibal Sanchez has the most potential facings the twins priced @4,300 DK

• BennyRamirez

@strassnerte said...

Feels like Martinez and don’t care about ownership today. I’ve done very little research lately and only doing one lineup because I’ve been busy with work, but I don’t think this is a slate where we give a shit about ownership. Just look at the first few posts in this thread, the insane play-whomever-you-want pricing in FD, and after listening to the pod, there are so many places to go with our lineups that diversity is going to be organic.

• Brandon6385

@kmart35 said...

I’d argue Anibal Sanchez has the most potential facings the twins priced @4,300 DK

I couldn’t agree more!—- I know he has been terrible recently, but the Twins are junk, and he has to turn it around right?

• ASitar

Stacking Tigers and A’s (Valencia BVP). Granderson BvP impressive as well. Also rolling with Piscotty again and have to use Lingoria and Tulo in a LU or 2. Lots of good pitching but only using Salazar, Martinez, Quintana, and Sanchez (Toronto). I REALLY want to use Stanton because of his price and he’s due for a 3/4 night with a HR.

• jordan200580

Just know that where ever the hole is in your stack, that’s the dude who goes 4 for 5 with 2 bombs and 6 rbi’s

• BennyRamirez

@ASitar said...

Stacking Tigers and A’s (Valencia BVP). Granderson BvP impressive as well. Also rolling with Piscotty again and have to use Lingoria and Tulo in a LU or 2. Lots of good pitching but only using Salazar, Martinez, Quintana, and Sanchez (Toronto). I REALLY want to use Stanton because of his price and he’s due for a 3/4 night with a HR.

This is what I mean. This post is all over the place and I think a lot of people are going to have messy lineups because there are so many options and people will struggle to take a stand while ignoring ownership. Easy night to lose money for people trying to “cover all their bases”.

• bigticket

@ASitar said...

im curious on the As stack. Initially I thought about them to being a great play but the Vegas total is very low for their run output tonight.

• ASitar

I like the A’s because they are contrarian, a few hit Kuechel well, and Khris Davis is on fire. I’m not usually “all over the place”, I do 6 GPPs a night, with 3 being stacks and 3 with players I think will have value given their price. It’s more a game of luck than skill so you sometimes have to be all over the place to cash (or play 300 lineups).

• rsigler65

I noticed some guys on Leake last night. I had him rated pretty bad so I apparently have some work to do evaluating pitchers. Just wondering if anyone was on him last night, and why. Padres strike out %? Vegas line? Those are the only 2 things I can think of.

• satchmo77

I was on him Bc if you look at the first look he had blue boxes all the way across. Plus his price. Plus I knew he would probably get the w.

• TheWhiteMamba

Ian Desmond a free square tonight? He crushes Lincecum, and I’m not sure why he’s under 4K on DK.

• Olhausen

@ASitar said...

I like the A’s because they are contrarian, a few hit Kuechel well, and Khris Davis is on fire. I’m not usually “all over the place”, I do 6 GPPs a night, with 3 being stacks and 3 with players I think will have value given their price. It’s more a game of luck than skill so you sometimes have to be all over the place to cash (or play 300 lineups).

If it was more luck then skill the same people wouldn’t win all the time.

• CJtheGrump

300 LUs don’t come close to overcoming the luck factor, especially on large slates. Spending money to make 300 unresearched lineups will get you holding a shaker board for Little Caesar’s faster than you can say Pizza! PIzza!

300 lineups with a reasonable amount of research done to narrow down the player pool – that’s the skill.

• Stickman731

@ASitar said...

Remember some of Granderson BVP is when he was a Yankee and Arrieta an Oriole.

• zline34

@Stickman731 said...

Remember some of Grandson BVP is when he was a Yankee and Arrieta an Oriole.

This.

• TheWhiteMamba

Wait, you guys aren’t actually considering Anibal Sanchez?

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@donkshow said...

I think you’re missing a few games up there.

MIA@PHI
    CLE@KC
    HOU@OAK

Thanks, sir. Fixed.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).