7:10 PM EST : Chi White Sox ( 0 ) at Tampa Bay ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:20 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Atlanta ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( 196 ) at Houston ( -215 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 118 ) at Minnesota ( -128 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -130 ) at Arizona ( 120 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( 254 ) at LA Dodgers ( -280 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Seattle ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:15 PM EST : NY Mets ( -189 ) at SF Giants ( 174 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BravesStacks

@Pandamonious said...

Doesn’t matter. I prefer smaller just because it’s more concentrated, and less to worry about and so on. I still do well on large slates too.

I sent a pm please answer

• superjon

Why Freeland or Happ when Stroman is available and in a primo match up.

Not going all in but maybe in 1 or 2 out of 5.

• wpatrigo

Ryu-not enough K’s for me to pay up.

Corbin is an interesting guy because he features excellent K potential and ability to go 7+. He’s also facing an excellent Braves lineup. Still, has the potential to put up a forty burger at low ownership.

DeGrom – will be mega chalk

Price — love him in this spot.

Stroman—On the fence here. On his own he wouldn’t get enough K’s for me to justify paynig the price, but he’s also facing Tigers. He’s the lowest pitcher in that 2nd tier for the spot to me [assuming DeGrom/Verlander are the top tier] before it drops off significantly and you’re looking at McKay and Wainwright.

I will probably pay up for pitching today and I try to hit on a stack like the Angels.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@superjon said...

Strictly site specific. On DK Stroman is 9K, while Happ and Freeland are significantly cheaper.

• Seals

Thoughts on starting Trevor story tonight? Single Entry GPP. Hes averaged 102 exit velo past 2 weeks and wind is blowing out to left field, but almost all his offense has come at coors field.

• realphipps

Im playing Reds and Pirates stacks today.

And I really like Tehran. He’s looked better as of late and, imo, has as much K potential as guys in the 7k-9k range.

• lovpink

@CJtheGrump said...

I was disappointed to see Scooter pulled early yesterday. He’s incredibly cheap today too. When there are so many aces, I’m looking for relief anywhere. What’s the deal on Scooter though? Is he commonly subbed out halfway through games?

Ive been playing him JD and K. Davis and the returns have been bad take 3 Cheap Jays instead

• superjon

@Pandamonious said...

Strictly site specific. On DK Stroman is 9K, while Happ and Freeland are significantly cheaper.

Whoa.

Yeah he’s 6.8 on FD

• lovpink

Just play who ever facing the white sox

• BravesStacks

@Pandamonious said...

Do you game stack all the teams daily for the heck of it or strictly research and gut feeling

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@superjon said...

Currently have stroman locked in on FD, weather concerns need contingency plan

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@BravesStacks said...

Do you game stack all the teams daily for the heck of it or strictly research and gut feeling

I try to trust the numbers. When I go on gut with MLB it never works. I don’t stack all the teams. I barely ever max enter. The more line ups I make the wider net I ultimately cast, but I usually keep some kind of core. Tonight there’s about 10 teams I want to stack. So, most likely I’ll stack all those teams multiple ways with maybe some outlier pieces to make it all fit.

• mbunner23

@BravesStacks said...

I sent a pm please answer

Dude….

• deadphish

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #74

RG Tiered Ranking

lol…Lester has to be the worst fielding pitcher of all time

• BravesStacks

@Pandamonious said...

I try to trust the numbers. When I go on gut with MLB it never works. I don’t stack all the teams. I barely ever max enter. The more line ups I make the wider net I ultimately cast, but I usually keep some kind of core. Tonight there’s about 10 teams I want to stack. So, most likely I’ll stack all those teams multiple ways with maybe some outlier pieces to make it all fit.

Give me insight into your DFS IQ what is a simple research method that is effective and free that works well for you. What do you do to narrow down a core of teams to stack? And how do you determine what pitchers you will invest in confidently?

• wpatrigo

@BravesStacks said...

Give me insight into your DFS IQ what is a simple research method that is effective and free that works well for you. What do you do to narrow down a core of teams to stack? And how do you determine what pitchers you will invest in confidently?

I have doubts that those who invest time and effort into this sort of proprietary information would be apt to share it freely.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@BravesStacks said...

I open plateIQ here and go to fangraphs. That’s all I really use. I go to the probable pitchers section on fangraphs under scores, switch to 2019. Check the splits. L/R, home away. I get a profile of every pitcher first. I look for any quirks in the numbers. The most flawed pitchers facing the most capable offenses are the ones I stack. The best pitchers facing the least capable offense are the ones I use. Obviously prices are taken into account. Obviously it’s not that simple, but that’s the raw basics of it.

• BravesStacks

@wpatrigo said...

I have doubts that those who invest time and effort into this sort of proprietary information would be apt to share it freely.

Be a Robinhood instead of a selfish elitist snob I’m trying to do DFS for a living while laying in a penthouse sweet

• BravesStacks

I’m going 40%, Yankees 10% Rockies

• superjon

@BravesStacks said...

I’m going 40%, Yankees 10% Rockies

I thought Atlanta was playing tonight.

• jayzee666

Rizzo was the lock of the showdown contest as he was not in any of the 5 LUs I had (pretty much all the other 16 position players) and Lauer is in the Capt spot on one LU.
    REAPER, u tricky devil u!

REAPER=Goat

• BravesStacks

@superjon said...

I thought Atlanta was playing tonight.

Every time I stack them 50 times I end up sobbing myself to sleep

• casper

Getting off Jd K.davis Train so I’m sure they’ll both double dong and cost me money for not rostering them

• RudyPujols

I got 459/459 in my double up lineup last night, 20 points behind 458th with no weather or injury issues. About a month ago, I won a 229 entry double up with 45 points more than 2nd place (with a lineup that I didn’t put in a GPP). I might need to rethink my approach to cash games.

• mbunner23

Lots of good pitching options tonight. I’ve been getting killed at pitching the past few nights. Bieber/Mahle tonight, wish I could have gotten up to McKay.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler