2:10 PM EST : Texas ( 111 ) at Chi Sox ( -120 ) —- T: 9.5
    2:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 100 ) at Houston ( -108 ) —- T: 8.5
    2:15 PM EST : Minnesota ( 125 ) at Kansas City ( -135 ) —- T: 10
    3:37 PM EST : Seattle ( -156 ) at LA Angels ( 144 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 147 ) at Oakland ( -160 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 120 ) at Arizona ( -130 ) —- T: 9
    4:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -186 ) at San Diego ( 171 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Washington ( -126 ) at St. Louis ( 116 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Semaj89

Anybody playing Time Adleman today? I think he has some minor K upside, just has to work around Bryant/Rizzo.

• pick6er

@Semaj89 said...

Anybody playing Time Adleman today? I think he has some minor K upside, just has to work around Bryant/Rizzo.

He gives up too many HR at home, ER will negate the K’s. Even if Chicago is in a slump, it’s too risky for me. But anything is going possible in GPP.

• fenway2015

mike clevinger is a better option than Adelman

• acs204

Any ump data? Specifically interested in NYM & DET games. Looking at Verlander & Montero as potential SP2’s

• Semaj89

Not sure where to look for Ump data.

For sure there’s risk involved but he doesn’t have to do much to pay off his price tag. Adleman that is.

What side of Dan Straily are you guys on today? I’m on his side, as I think he’ll be less owned than he maybe should for his upside. A high risk/reward but I’ll take 30 PT upside with 10-15% ownership.

• Njsum1

@Semaj89 said...

Not sure where to look for Ump data.

For sure there’s risk involved but he doesn’t have to do much to pay off his price tag.

What side of Dan Straily are you guys on today? I’m on his side, as I think he’ll be less owned than he maybe should for his upside. A high risk/reward but I’ll take 30 PT upside with 10-15% ownership.

Anytime you start a pitcher against the Brewers you are either looking at 10 earned runs or 10 strikeouts, and sometimes both in the same game. If you play on DK and make 3 or more lineups id certainly get him in there as SP2 for 1 of them as he has 30 point upside here, and -10 downside. Just know the risk and be fine with the outcome. Trying to guess is pointless, imo.

• depalma13

Donaldson Double Dong slump buster today.

• draggin49

Ugh, not liking having to roster 2 of these starting pitchers from this ugly variety of options . Hasn’t Cleveland hit verlander pretty well?
    Im guess some people may try Pomeranz after Sales success vs Toronto but I will pass on that his stuff isn’t even remotely close to Sale.
    I don’t know much about the Mets pitcher but philly offense has been pretty bad so maybe he is an option?

• acs204

I had Mets P in initial cash build but have enough $ to fit Verlander in, so Q is would I take Montero over Verlander straight up?? K rate for Montero good, better matchup, more likely to get win but prob only going 5-6. innings. Verlander’s numbers are bad but prob going 1-2 innings more than Montero & has looked better in last 3 starts (in easier matchups than this though). Tournaments, I’m off Verlander, but cash, I don’t know on this slate.

• acs204

Tournaments I think Quintana is great play. He’s priced up so much & TX bats have been so hot I think ownership will be low. K upside is there. Shark will be mega chalk imo.

• Njsum1

Tough call on SP1….a lot of risk…I’m not supremely confident yet I don’t mind Quintana here, he’s expensive and the game total is high and he’s not a heavy favorite. Yet the matchup is about as good as it gets for a lefty. Derek holland was doing pretty well yesterday until he wasn’t. Umpire is favorable too for a guy like Quintana who gives up a lot of walks. I hope variance is my side with this one.

• acs204

Where do you see ump data? Any idea on Ump in Mets or DET game?

• draggin49

Oriole’s pitching has been horrendous hard to not like tb bats again. Biagni has been bad of late too so Red Sox could have upside too.

• acs204

Billy should steal about 5-6x vs Arrieta.

• yanksfan1

Dozier ridiculously underpriced on DK

• mrdaman

Wilson Contreras will have something to say about that…..

• LaranzoW

Pitching sucks today I’ll just throw a dart an see where it lands

• Lathum

@acs204 said...

Billy should steal about 5-6x vs Arrieta.

He needs to get on base to do it.

• gillio

Melky Cabrera of Billy Hamilton? Think Hamilton could swipe a few bags today.

• noddy

@mrdaman said...

this

• TeamTwerk

I bet DK could’ve filled a 100k entry contest this morning if it was a $3 or $4 (150 max 5x FPP) . Summer Bash contests are weak. The $8 filled 2 hours in advance. How can DK be soooo bad at this?

• draggin49

If the MLB’s worst catcher (montero) was starting I’d have more interest in Hamilton .

• Lathum

@draggin49 said...

If the MLB’s worst catcher (montero) was starting I’d have more interest in Hamilton .

Must suck to be the last one to find out…

• acs204

Not much the Catcher can do if the guy is already on 2b by the time he catches it. If Billy is on base, he is running.

• hcassidy

@mrdaman said...

problem with that is day Montero was DFA’d, Turner stole 2 more bases on Contreras. I am rolling Hamilton today on FD.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).