7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 127 ) at Cleveland ( -138 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 121 ) at Minnesota ( -131 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 165 ) at Kansas City ( -180 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:40 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 125 ) at Colorado ( -135 ) —- T: 11.5
    10:07 PM EST : Boston ( -192 ) at LA Angels ( 176 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 254 ) at LA Dodgers ( -280 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -119 ) at Seattle ( 110 ) —- T: 9
    10:15 PM EST : San Diego ( 146 ) at SF Giants ( -158 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

Wow Sale bailed out as Jackie Bradley Jr makes the catch of the night and one of the better ones of the year

• Dirt_Lavert

Both my late lineups already beat. Picked SF players last night and they sucked FFS

• murphstahoe

All these nutty games and outside of a Houston lineup I focus on marlins/reds

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@dragon1952 said...

Yeah well Cincy isn’t the best venue for pitchers either and he just recently dominated there. Scherzer has been so dominant lately it doesn’t matter where he pitches. But everyone has a bad day now and then, it just so happened it was today. But I doubt it was strictly because it was in Arizona.

Cincy is like a poor mans version of the Rockies though, great hitters ball park poor hitting team.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Tonight a minimum cash is looking pretty attractive.

• walkoff9

every late pitcher other than godley getting smoked. what a strange night.

• dragon1952

@bigez952 said...

I am fine being a moron and would have said the same thing 3 hours ago if you asked me. I was never on Scherzer at any point today and would have gone Sale or Wood if I paid for an Ace but settled in on Shark and Nola to fit in bats tonight.

I always like to play one LU with an ace and I chose Scherzer over Sale for that one LU thinking he would be way less owned due to the venue. I played Nola too…and Fiers. But I don’t feel stupid for playing Scherzer either, and I’m not going to blame the venue. That’s ridiculous.

• dsoglin33

This is the Cahill blowup I needed. He was never this good or consistent when he was with Chicago.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@dsoglin33 said...

This is the Cahill blowup I needed. He was never this good or consistent when he was with Chicago.

how was he 25% with other good options on the board, I’m far from a good MLB player but he isn’t good

• jayzee666

Oh well. my power is on fire. 3 for 3 with cursing pitchers. Had good night of hitters again but the curse says Cahill must be punished to equal things out. I am sure someone will say it is a bad matchup against a terrible offense in a pitchers park after he lit them up for 51 FD pts last time.

• CJtheGrump

Getting sick and tired of taking pitchers who seem like they’re in good spots only to watch them blow up an otherwise solid lineup. I think I might punt one of the two pitchers or take Fanduel for a test drive.

• walkoff9

of course cahill would have his worst start of the season against the 2nd worst offense in baseball.

• jayzee666

The League office just locked down my account. They have had enough of my curse and so have I.

• CJtheGrump

@CJtheGrump said...

Getting sick and tired of taking pitchers who seem like they’re in good spots only to watch them blow up an otherwise solid lineup. I think I might punt one of the two pitchers or take Fanduel for a test drive.

And by “punt” I mean take a bullpen arm that has no chance of being in the game.

• firepimp

Darvish finished with 55 points. Even not getting the win was a fantastic play.

• bigez952

@dragon1952 said...

Yeah well Cincy isn’t the best venue for pitchers either and he just recently dominated there. Scherzer has been so dominant lately it doesn’t matter where he pitches. But everyone has a bad day now and then, it just so happened it was today. But I doubt it was strictly because it was in Arizona.

Coors and Chase Field are on another level over any other stadium in the MLB. Obviously the ball park is not the only factor in pitching performances but you really have to think twice about playing pitchers in those two stadiums. However Scherzer is so dominate I would not have been surprised to see him pitch great but on tonight slate with so many good to great pitchers in good spots I personally thought he was an easy fade tonight with 3-4 other guys I would play first. Sale would have been my top option tonight if he was not so expensive and the Angels don’t strike out a ton so I just went down tonight with the hopes my Bats would cover one of the Aces going off.

• GoldStandard000

Glad I faded Scherzer. As good as he’s been, and with the other pitching matchups, I couldn’t do it. Pitchers in chase field is too much of a risk to me.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

ahh man they pulled Sanchez before Adrianza, was hoping for 1 more AB vs that dumpster fire getting lucky tonight.

• cjs5555

@dragon1952 said...

I always like to play one LU with an ace and I chose Scherzer over Sale for that one LU thinking he would be way less owned due to the venue. I played Nola too…and Fiers. But I don’t feel stupid for playing Scherzer either, and I’m not going to blame the venue. That’s ridiculous.

i have no problem with this. First, LAA don’t K a ton (they’re 21st in MLB vs. LHPs at 19.7%) and as someone already pointed out, RHPs vs. AZ is a decent matchup to start, let alone when a stud like Scherzer is that RHP. But even the best pitchers have bad days and I also think this was a higher probability scenario for Scherzer having a bad day. It’s a little absurd to sit here after the fact and tell people they were stupid to start him when the odds probably favored him having a really good outing. It just didn’t work out tonight. That happens to pretty much multiple pitchers every night in MLB. Your goal as a DFS player is to figure out when to be contrarian and sometimes it works, but usually it doesn’t.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

Damn you MLB tonight trying to put the jinx on Godley hard core

• dsoglin33

@dbullsfan said...

how was he 25% with other good options on the board, I’m far from a good MLB player but he isn’t good

I think its just cause he’s been somewhat consistent this year. I didn’t like his price tag either way.

• Dirt_Lavert

Wow I stacked the dodgers too I missed the effing ball tonight I guess. Guna be my worst lineups of all year

• jayzee666

@walkoff9 said...

of course cahill would have his worst start of the season against the 2nd worst offense in baseball.

Yeah, that is on me. I should have told u guys I picked Cahill. Sorry.

• cjs5555

I decided tonight to fade Sale, Scherzer and Wood because I wanted expensive bats and I thought there were bargain pitchers that could do well. There was a pretty good chance I was going to regret that decision because usually it doesn’t work out. There’s almost always some hitter at sub-$3k that goes off, but you can’t replace that 40+ point pitching performance.

• cjs5555

wtf are the nats thinking batting Raburn 2nd tonight?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.