7:10 PM EST : Boston ( -110 ) at Tampa Bay ( 100 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 115 ) at Milwaukee ( -125 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -105 ) at Minnesota ( -103 ) —- T: 11
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 207 ) at Houston ( -226 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Miami ( 105 ) at Chi Sox ( -113 ) —- T: 9.5
    9:40 PM EST : Baltimore ( 205 ) at Arizona ( -224 ) —- T: 9
    9:45 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -112 ) at SF Giants ( 104 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Texas ( 113 ) at Seattle ( -122 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Only 1 entry for me today.

Clevinger + D’backs stack.

• BigRay

single bullet here today for me as well.

I like Ray + Twins stack

• RatedDAL

@BigRay said...

single bullet here today for me as well.

I like Ray + Twins stack

Single for this guy too.

Ray and Rangers is where I’m going.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

DK is giving you a lot to think about at pitcher. They’re begging you to take one of Ray (11.4K), Clevinger (12.1K), or Cole (12.5K) and pairing them with one of Sampson, Brooks, Lambert, Fedde, Nova, or Anderson who are priced between 4 and 5K. It seems very likely that GPP winning line ups will have some combo of this group, but likely and MLB DFS don’t always go together.

Then they have all these mid-tier options between 6.5 and 9K that will ultimately end up overlooked, but probably mostly should. Richards and Mills look serviceable though.

That MIA/CWS game is really polarizing. You can make an argument for any angle. A dirt cheap Nova, who is due for some positive regression against RHB’s facing a weak Marlins team? A mostly cheap Marlins team facing a mediocre or maybe worse Nova getting a good park upgrade? And basically vice versa with Richards and White Sox bats. Worth noting that Richards has a 27% K rate on the road and a 17% K rate at home. Maybe pitching more to contact at home in a bigger park? Maybe just match up? Maybe sample size or a random anomaly?

Anyway, I like what everyone else does. Twins, Diamondbacks, Rangers, Astros and Mariners popping out the most to me early.

• monarch

What about saving for Sonny Gray with a punt and two 4×4 and leaving some salary on the table?

Indians should be on the base paths tonight with park upgrade and pitcher with an elevated walk rate

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

What about saving for Sonny Gray with a punt and two 4×4 and leaving some salary on the table?

Indians should be on the base paths tonight with park upgrade and pitcher with an elevated walk rate

You could. Cleveland is the team I’m most confused about. Borucki is not a bad pitcher, at all. Cleveland is worse against LHP then RHP. Then again, Cleveland can still be a dangerous offense, and Borucki hasn’t seen major league hitters since last year and is working his way back from injury.

Gray and to an extent Rodriguez are kind of in no mans land on DK. Rodriguez just seems grossly overpriced and Gray as an about 10K pitcher still doesn’t seem right and on top of that facing the Brewers. Of course he also just dominated them for 43 DK points not that long ago. Just hard to believe he can come near that again.

• monarch

But in reality Gray is a better pitcher right now that 5 IP of Ray or Clevinger who are priced way up

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

But in reality Gray is a better pitcher right now that 5 IP of Ray or Clevinger who are priced way up

True, to some extent. It’s not about innings. It’s about pitch count/efficiency. All should be allowed to throw 100 pitches or more. Gray and Ray come with pinch-hit risk depending on how their at-bats and game situation fall.

Clevinger 44% K-rate facing a projected line up with a 23% K-rate.
    Ray 30% K-rate facing a projected line up with a 24% K-rate (that doesn’t walk at all, which should help Ray, as his control is what gets him in trouble)
    Gray 28% K-rate facing a projected line up with a 22% K-rate.

• BravesStacks

@Pandamonious said...

True, to some extent. It’s not about innings. It’s about pitch count/efficiency. All should be allowed to throw 100 pitches or more. Gray and Ray come with pinch-hit risk depending on how their at-bats and game situation fall.

Clevinger 44% K-rate facing a projected line up with a 23% K-rate.
    Ray 30% K-rate facing a projected line up with a 24% K-rate (that doesn’t walk at all, which should help Ray, as his control is what gets him in trouble)
    Gray 28% K-rate facing a projected line up with a 22% K-rate.

I’m stacking Tor, Bos, NYY based on DFS logic

• mcguirknba

Never done Arcade before. Does anybody have some tips?

Pay up for pitcher? Punt a hitter?

• BravesStacks

@mcguirknba said...

Never done Arcade before. Does anybody have some tips?

Pay up for pitcher? Punt a hitter?

Definitely pay up for pitcher take Gerrit Cole in every lineup then build from there

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@mcguirknba said...

Pay up for pitcher?

From what I remember avoid doing this! Most pitchers seem to score pretty similar but bats are worth more. You want steals and HRs combined (as it’s a bonus or at least it used to be). Otherwise same ol same ol with HR hunting this year.

• Pandamonious

Inning Pitched

+4.2 Pts

Strikeout

+4.5 Pts

Win

+9 Pts

Earned Run Allowed

-4.5 Pts

Hit Against

-1.2 Pts

Base on Balls Against

-1.2 Pts

Pitcher looks pretty important? If you can find a guy who goes deep into the game and racks up K’s that looks like A LOT of points.

• patkingpin

• Ranked #65

RG Tiered Ranking

Is there any interest in Trevor Richards today? He is only $7,000 on DK and can easily couple with one of the big pitchers and still stack some good hitting. MY gut is screaming at me to go towards Richards.

• cjs5555

@Pandamonious said...

That MIA/CWS game is really polarizing. You can make an argument for any angle. A dirt cheap Nova, who is due for some positive regression against RHB’s facing a weak Marlins team? A mostly cheap Marlins team facing a mediocre or maybe worse Nova getting a good park upgrade?

From a game theory perspective, I like the Clevinger/Nova pairing. Gotta figure people are either moving up to Cole for $400 more or down to Ray and beyond

• monarch

@patkingpin said...

Is there any interest in Trevor Richards today? He is only $7,000 on DK and can easily couple with one of the big pitchers and still stack some good hitting. MY gut is screaming at me to go towards Richards.

I’ll wait for the umpire.

Richards best pitch is his changeup and he throws it a lot. Abreu, McCann and Moncada all good vs that pitch and his walk rate vs LHB is like 14 percent this year so he has blowup potential.

• Pandamonious

@cjs5555 said...

From a game theory perspective, I like the Clevinger/Nova pairing. Gotta figure people are either moving up to Cole for $400 more or down to Ray and beyond

I think a slightly cheaper Clevinger vs the Jays would gain more ownership then a slightly more expensive Cole against the A’s.

Ray being cheaper against the O’s makes sense to be the highest owned on the slate, but it’s Ray and people know how volatile he is. I would think Clevinger, then Ray, then Cole would be how ownership would go, but I’m guessing they’re all fairly close. Probably all in that 25-33% range?

• BravesStacks

Boston, Toronto and NYY 1 of these teams will have a big day considering the poor outing yesterday

• Petergunz82

@Pandamonious said...

I think a slightly cheaper Clevinger vs the Jays would gain more ownership then a slightly more expensive Cole against the A’s.

Ray being cheaper against the O’s makes sense to be the highest owned on the slate, but it’s Ray and people know how volatile he is. I would think Clevinger, then Ray, then Cole would be how ownership would go, but I’m guessing they’re all fairly close. Probably all in that 25-33% range?

Wow, that’s high for an 11 game slate

• Pandamonious

@Petergunz82 said...

Wow, that’s high for an 11 game slate

Just the way salary is. There’s several cheap options, that it’s easy to gravitate to high end SP1. I could end up being dead wrong, but I’m guess they all get heavy ownership.

When you run optimal Lineup HQ really wants you to play Cole, Sampson, Richards, Nova
    Labs optimal really wants to play Clevinger, Sampson, Cole, Ray Richards.

So somewhere in there is where all the ownership will be it seems.

• Petergunz82

@Pandamonious said...

Just the way salary is. There’s several cheap options, that it’s easy to gravitate to high end SP1. I could end up being dead wrong, but I’m guess they all get heavy ownership.

When you run optimal Lineup HQ really wants you to play Cole, Sampson, Richards, Nova

Thanks, I prefer to spend for bats more so than high end pitching but obviously it’s slate dependent.

I’ve also never really won anything in baseball

• BravesStacks

@Pandamonious said...

Do you like arcade mode and how do you fare? Also why is DK scared to make large tournaments for arcade or tiers which is annoying as chit

• ASitar

I figure he might be contrarian because of his price, high priced pitchers and other expensive bats, but Blackmon is 5-5 w a 3b and a HR vs Fedde. Also, would t a Marlins stack be fairly contrarian? Castro/Anderson/Cooper

• SoreOnSunday

@ASitar said...

I figure he might be contrarian because of his price, high priced pitchers and other expensive bats, but Blackmon is 5-5 w a 3b and a HR vs Fedde. Also, would t a Marlins stack be fairly contrarian? Castro/Anderson/Cooper

The weather in that nationals game doesn’t look good

• Pandamonious

@SoreOnSunday said...

The weather in that nationals game doesn’t look good

Plus Washington played late yesterday and traveled and used 4 relievers and are a sending a gas can to the mound tonight. They’ll probably postpone it if a raindrop hits the outfield.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).