MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -137 ) at Washington ( 126 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:08 PM EST : SF Giants ( 247 ) at LA Dodgers ( -277 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ferrara316

salaries are out for opening 2 game slate. Probably pitchers will most likely be Cole/Scherzer & Kershaw/Cueto.

Cole priced at 10k, while Scherzer and Kershaw are priced very decent. I have no interest in Cueto, except for stacking Dodgers’ bats against him.

Its tough to fit Scherzer/Kershaw with Dodgers (or even a Yankees stack). Which makes it even harder if you want to start Cole due to his close to $2k price hike over Scherzer.

My strategy is fading Cole, and strictly playing Scherz/Kershaw, with Dodgers stacks, some Giants (Flores is great value and has hit a home run off Kershaw with limited at bats), some Nats, and maybe one Yank as Scherzer can give up a home run or two, but still strike out 10 and got 7 innings.

Giants lineup looks awful, as it Longoria and Belt probably wont be available to start next week. Plus, without Posey, the Giants look like a good team to target pitching against this year.

• stellagirl

With just 2 games on the slate, for me, Thursday is going to be low-stakes-get-my-feet-wet play.

Probably some Quarter Arcade with very unique LU’s.

Friday I will get serious!

• hcassidy

Since this involves MLB and didn’t want to start a new thread, interesting take by the Canadian government today. They informed the Blue Jays that they will be unable to play any home games this year. Yet for the NHL restart both HUB Cities are in Canada, Montreal and amazingly Toronto.

• jjwd

@hcassidy said...

Since this involves MLB and didn’t want to start a new thread, interesting take by the Canadian government today. They informed the Blue Jays that they will be unable to play any home games this year. Yet for the NHL restart both HUB Cities are in Canada, Montreal and amazingly Toronto.

From what I’ve read, the issue seems to be the international travel.. although the Canadian government is wimpy and dumb, particularly Trudeau, in my opinion.
    Now we need to dig into the Buffalo stadium… hopefully it plays like coors and not like oakland!

There is a $3, $300K Pool, 3-Max on D K which is risk-free (All Cash for $3). Great spot to use Crowns on. Great prize structure very flat only 20K to 1st and 1500 for 15th.

• thedkexperience

@stellagirl said...

With just 2 games on the slate, for me, Thursday is going to be low-stakes-get-my-feet-wet play.

Probably some Quarter Arcade with very unique LU’s.

Friday I will get serious!

This. I was messing with it last night and starting Cole/Kershaw basically means you’re going to have to use some SF bats against your own pitcher. I’ll throw a single entry in there but, yeah, don’t go overboard on this 2 game slate.

Hopefully a random bench player starts to open up some salary.

• thedkexperience

DK has a 3 entry GPP running for $3 per LU where they will give you a refund should you lose. The 2 game slate actually plays well to the 3 entry max format.

Let’s be real, 90% of rosters are gonna be different Dodgers stacks, so juggling the 3 non-Cueto options seems optimal.

Of course this means Cueto will throw a no hitter cause baseball, but yeah …

• thedkexperience

@866 said...

There is a $3, $300K Pool, 3-Max on D K which is risk-free (All Cash for $3). Great spot to use Crowns on. Great prize structure very flat only 20K to 1st and 1500 for 15th.

I see you beat me to it 🤣

• JTAx33

How do you not play Kershaw on Thursday? That price is garbage

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@hcassidy said...

Big difference between teams staying in the same city playing in a bubble and teams flying in from the US consistently.

Letting teams come in regularly, and not have to quarantine, from the Covid-cesspool that is the U.S. would be reckless. Seems like a sensible policy.

MLB DFS content: wish we weren’t starting off with a two game slate.

• emnj69

two game slate do exactly the opposite of what you think is correct

• BigRay

^^^^^^^
    This.

• BigRay

here is some info I found:

Kershaw’s 1.05 ERA is the lowest among pitchers with more than five Opening Day starts since earned runs became official in both leagues in 1913. He’s made eight Opening Day starts and allowed more than one earned run just once, when he allowed three in 2015.

Another active pitcher to keep an eye on is his opponent this Opening Day, Johnny Cueto, who has a 0.64 ERA in four Opening Day starts, which is lowest in that span if we lower the minimum to four.

• ChrisCastig

Is it too early to start a thread for 7/24? Thursday will be fun, but Friday will be amazing.

• thedkexperience

@ChrisCastig said...

Is it too early to start a thread for 7/24? Thursday will be fun, but Friday will be amazing.

@bhdevault

I second this. Mind if we turn this into the Thursday/Friday forum?

Only so much to talk about for Thursday when you consider that pricing and talent simply means that most rosters will just be Dodgers stacks who rotate the 3 top pitchers.

• ferrara316

If injuries on SF hold up, some cheap bats to fit in stacks you like:

Austin Slater : $3.1 k and has eligibility at 1B/OF
    Wilmer Flores: $3.8 k
    Clint Frazier (if he plays) : $3.4 k
    Adam Eaton: $3.8k
    Billy Hamilton (if he starts): $2.6 k

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Not something I or bhdevault would normally do, but I’ll consider it special circumstances. I threw the announced starters at the top since DK hasn’t posted salaries or anything. Not something that’ll become a thing, I don’t think.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/mlb-7-24-3377664

• ifthethunder

@emnj69 said...

two game slate do exactly the opposite of what you think is correct

That’s basically all of baseball DFS for me.
    ~

• thedkexperience

@Pandamonious said...

Not something I or bhdevault would normally do, but I’ll consider it special circumstances. I threw the announced starters at the top since DK hasn’t posted salaries or anything. Not something that’ll become a thing, I don’t think.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/mlb-7-24-3377664

Thanks Panda!

And @emj69 … this is very true. If you throw Cueto into a LU and he has a great start it’ll break the whole slate. I’d expect he’ll get about 20% ownership in multi entry GPPs but throwing him in there in a single entry is definitely the type of move that can win you all the money … even if it’s more likely to be why you won’t win anything.

• AdamBski

Is it crazy to consider using Kershaw and then throwing a dart on a RP from the Dodgers as well? Kershaw should do what he does but how long is he even gonna be out there for? I’m thinking that might be the key to take this Thursday slate down… or I don’t know what the F*** I’m talking about….

• stellagirl

Odds boost on DK Sports Book: Odds boosted from -10000 to +100 for any of the roughly 45 2019 all-stars to hit a homer either Thur or Fri.

• marker0357

DK MLB achievements are up!

• mbunner23

@stellagirl said...

Odds boost on DK Sports Book: Odds boosted from -10000 to +100 for any of the roughly 45 2019 all-stars to hit a homer either Thur or Fri.

What’s the max bet?

• thedkexperience

@mbunner23 said...

What’s the max bet?

$25

• BrianVT

Won a ticket for the Thursday night $10 – MLB Million. Never played an MLB DK contest in my life, as it’s way too much data for me to keep-up with as a hobby, but going to go ahead and play the opposite of the consensus in here as I only have the one lotto ticket entry. Thanks for the input guys! Keep it coming!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).