MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -137 ) at Washington ( 126 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:08 PM EST : SF Giants ( 247 ) at LA Dodgers ( -277 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jayzee666

There should be a cutout of the REAPER at every game!!

• Steverino01

DK

Cole 23.95
    Max 22.5

Starting pitchers in game 2 are done with much less points.

Now for the SF @ LA game to start scoring some runs.

• Steverino01

Watching paint dry is more exciting than watching this late game on ESPN.

• zeeshan2

What a weird ass slate. If you stacked the Yankees game you got screwed especially on dk’s 3 dollar contest

• SkateFiend

@zeeshan2 said...

What a weird ass slate. If you stacked the Yankees game you got screwed especially on dk’s 3 dollar contest

You can’t win on this slate without 3 Yankees and Adam Eaton.

The dodgers could score 8 runs but Roberts will start to pull starters soon.

• gaelicgirl

Kiké!

• zeeshan2

Lol a random balloon on the field with no fans

• zeeshan2

No kike, no cash

• mr_papageorgio

Me realizing I made 3 LUs tonight and accidentally played 0 Kike…

• gaelicgirl

@zeeshan2 said...

No kike, no cash

44.9 FD points LOL

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I’m reaping the benefits!

• Rickytango13

Honestly, I love baseball as a sport. It was my favorite to play until I became good at hockey when I was 11-12… but MLB sucks. How is it fun when some teams spend 2+x as much on payroll? It’s essentially a pay to win game now. Don’t get me wrong, it makes the underdogs that much sweeter (like March madness) but the product seems so stale. I for the first time in my life 100% agree with a-rod re: a salary cap, otherwise this glorious game will inevitably die off as a major sport in the next 10 years. NCAA football is different in my mind because of a “lack of outside compensation” and the games are singular/results are higher variance. It’s trending towards EPL type competition except it has more teams competing and no incentive to actually compete.

• BrianVT

Woke up to see I won $15 on my free ticket. Not a bad deal. They also randomly gave me another ticket for tonight. So, more random crapshoot stuff from me for tonight I guess.

• jayzee666

Only played around 10 LUs.
    No Like or Stanton.
    One or 2 Eaton’s.

REAPER is already in prime form! Thank the reaper for achievements on DK!

Tonight’s going to be a reaper fest!!

• thedkexperience

@Rickytango13 said...

Honestly, I love baseball as a sport. It was my favorite to play until I became good at hockey when I was 11-12… but MLB sucks. How is it fun when some teams spend 2+x as much on payroll? It’s essentially a pay to win game now. Don’t get me wrong, it makes the underdogs that much sweeter (like March madness) but the product seems so stale. I for the first time in my life 100% agree with a-rod re: a salary cap, otherwise this glorious game will inevitably die off as a major sport in the next 10 years. NCAA football is different in my mind because of a “lack of outside compensation” and the games are singular/results are higher variance. It’s trending towards EPL type competition except it has more teams competing and no incentive to actually compete.

Baseball is more balanced then ever. The Rays made the playoffs with a roster that in total makes less than the Yankees outfield. What you’re saying is slightly misinformed and here is why.

Yes, the rich teams can pay way more for players yet in most cases these are not actually the best players. They are just the ones who have more than 6 years of service time. In baseball you make jack squat for the first 3 years of your career, progressively better money in years 4-6 and then most players hit free agency in year 7.

The average MLB rookie is about 24-25 years old. This means if everything breaks right they can finally cash in with a monster deal at age 31-32 which is the very tail end of a player’s prime.

The big payroll teams spend 10s of millions of dollars per year on bad contracts that they gave out to old free agents that looked terrible within 1.5 years. Johnny Cueto, who pitched last night, is one of many examples just like this.

Meanwhile most of the best players in MLB are in their 20s and no where near free agency. Acuna is making peanuts. Bellinger. Soto. Tatis. Mookie won his MVP making much less than he does now.

Anyway, if you draft and develop properly like the Rays and A’s you can compete for the playoffs quite easily on a limited budget. The only reason the Dodgers could afford paying Mookie a kings ransom was because they are paying the current NL MVP, and about 5 other allstars like they are AAA players.

When it’s all said and done all the biggest payroll really does for you is allows you to make mistakes and shrug them off. It is an advantage for sure, but it’s not nearly as important as good player development.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).