MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -137 ) at Washington ( 126 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:08 PM EST : SF Giants ( 247 ) at LA Dodgers ( -277 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• panters

Using Coles and Cueto was able to make a lineup which had 269 HRs last season. The keys: Cueto and Crawford at 2.7K. Of course that’s before lineups are released. It’s kind of nice not having a lineup with 4 Kims 4 Parks and a Kang. Best of luck to you guys this season!

• hautalak

@panters said...

It’s kind of nice not having a lineup with 4 Kims 4 Parks and a Kang. Best of luck to you guys this season!

Oh you’ll still have some! But best of luck to you this season too. Getting excited for baseball, until I tilt hard with all the dongs, K’s, or RBIs I don’t have or give up lol

• JTAx33

I’m liking Eovaldi quite a bit. Elbow is cleaned up, shortened season should favor the big fastball starters that can unleash for two months, and he gets Baltimore.

• JTAx33

@JTAx33 said...

I’m liking Eovaldi quite a bit. Elbow is cleaned up, shortened season should favor the big fastball starters that can unleash for two months, and he gets Baltimore.

wrong thread sorry

• rourke441

j.peterson of dodgers had 36 hrs. last year. all 36 were off righties

• JTAx33

@rourke441 said...

Only had 50 PA’s against lefties all season. Good chance he hits lower in the order this year which would suck

• thedkexperience

@rourke441 said...

It’s no longer apt but back when Joc Jams was a bit younger he was the guy who I’d use to explain to new players the value of platoon splits and cost effective outfielders.

If you can identify the 2000 priced bench bat who will get 90% of his ABs against just one side this year you’ll make a lot of money.

• thedkexperience

@JTAx33 said...

Only had 50 PA’s against lefties all season. Good chance he hits lower in the order this year which would suck

Then again the Dodgers 6-9 hitters will probably be better than most teams 1-4 hitters so 🤷‍♂️

• JTAx33

@thedkexperience said...

Then again the Dodgers 6-9 hitters will probably be better than most teams 1-4 hitters so 🤷‍♂️

Seager could be hitting 7th…it’s absurd

• maibockaddict

80 % chance of Tstorms in DC tomorrow….remember all the ppd crap down there last year making us all crazy?

• laser1000000

@maibockaddict said...

80 % chance of Tstorms in DC tomorrow….remember all the ppd crap down there last year making us all crazy?

Doesn’t MLB make rainout decisions now because of Nationals rainout shenanigans, among other reasons, I’m sure?

• rocketman828

If Washington is a washout do we just play showdown for the giants dodgers game than since the main slate would be canceled?

• Messiah717

@rocketman828 said...

If Washington is a washout do we just play showdown for the giants dodgers game than since the main slate would be canceled?

That looks like what we’re going to be left with. The forecast calls for rain all night.

• JTAx33

Fleets bomb after missing from inside 5, we’ll take it I guess

Too many Threads my bad

• thedkexperience

Assuming a rainout in DC it looks like this is gonna be a 1 game slate. While that likely means that I’ll stay away for DFS after perusing reddit it looks like roughly 117% of bettors are gambling their mortgage on the Dodgers.

I think I’m about ready to bet the Giants to win outright now.

• ferrara316

Just my luck if this slate gets canceled

• barko15

On FD, if the yanks/nats game get PPD is the slate canceled?

• zeeshan2

DK would give us the money back in the risk free contests if it rains out right?

• lester461

Anyone else get an offer if you play in tonight’s $10 contest you get a $10 ticket for tomorrow’s contest?

• ferrara316

@zeeshan2 said...

DK would give us the money back in the risk free contests if it rains out right?

All contests would be canceled and all entry fees would be refunded if one of a two game slate is postponed

• lester461

@ferrara316 said...

All contests would be canceled and all entry fees would be refunded if one of a two game slate is postponed

Slate is only canceled if Washington game never starts. If it starts but gets postponed in the 3rd inning then the slate goes on as planned. What a shitshow tonight could be.

• tbird05

@lester461 said...

Slate is only canceled if Washington game never starts. If it starts but gets postponed in the 3rd inning then the slate goes on as planned. What a shitshow tonight could be.

Do stats count if the game is…
    Suspended?
    Postponed?

On DK, I’m seeing that if the Nats game is postponed after lock, then the slate runs as normal. If it gets postponed before lock the whole slate is cancelled.

That rule seems archaic. The days of needing at least two games (because one game DFS is just gambling) are long over.

• lester461

@tbird05 said...

Do stats count if the game is…
    Suspended?
    Postponed?

On DK, I’m seeing that if the Nats game is postponed after lock, then the slate runs as normal. If it gets postponed before lock the whole slate is cancelled.

That rule seems archaic. The days of needing at least two games (because one game DFS is just gambling) are long over.

I believe stats count even if it goes 1 inning

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

From DK mlb scoring rules.

Games are “known” to be canceled or postponed once their status is updated as such by DraftKings’ MLB stats-provider, STATS LLC.

Example: If a Game Set includes two games at 8pm ET and 10:30pm ET respectively, and the 10:30pm ET game is officially postponed at 6pm ET then all contests for that Game Set are canceled and refunded. If the 10:30pm ET game was not officially postponed until after 8pm ET then contests for that Game Set are not canceled and are played out using only the one active game.

If canceled or rescheduled games result in a Game Set including zero active games, all contests for that Game Set will be canceled and refunded.

Suspended or Shortened Games

DraftKings uses official MLB statistics and only includes statistics from games MLB deems to be official. If the MLB declares a game “suspended” then the statistics generated before the game is suspended will count in Game Sets containing said game. Any statistics generated on a later date when the game resumes will not be included.

• hautalak

So we “loading up” on the 2nd game to be safe. Or we thinking it should get called before? Debating if I even wanna set lineups and waste my time.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.