MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -137 ) at Washington ( 126 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:08 PM EST : SF Giants ( 247 ) at LA Dodgers ( -277 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• hypegotti

I can’t get myself to begin creating lineups without knowing if the games will play.

Good info that those $10 tickets can be used tomorrow too, pulled my ten out from tonight.

• hautalak

@hypegotti said...

Good info that those $10 tickets can be used tomorrow too, pulled my ten out from tonight.

Hmmm… I think I might need to do this.

• barko15

It seems like FDl has the rule that if yanks/nats gets PPD (at any point) the slate gets cancelled. Can someone confirm this? If so, is the strategy to play it normally bc if it gets PPD the only risk is a pitcher getting pulled early from a rain delay?

• Supersharpie

Tonight’s NYY/WAS game won’t be postponed. Take a look at Accuweather’s hourly breakdown. Smooth sailing from 4:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.

• thedkexperience

@hautalak said...

So we “loading up” on the 2nd game to be safe. Or we thinking it should get called before? Debating if I even wanna set lineups and waste my time.

90% chance of t-storms in DC from 5-7 with about a 50% chance thereafter all the way until mid day tomorrow.

I think it’ll be postponed by 5 PM today so this probably won’t be a slate that starts.

Anyone seen Weather GOAT Kevin Roth?

• thedkexperience

@Supersharpie said...

Tonight’s NYY/WAS game won’t be postponed. Take a look at Accuweather’s hourly breakdown. Smooth sailing from 4:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.

I just looked at iPhone weather and it looks like 15+ hours of rain and thunder.

• Supersharpie

@thedkexperience said...

I just looked at iPhone weather and it looks like 15+ hours of rain and thunder.

Interesting…it is the battle of the weather forecasters!

I am standing by my prediction. MLB will do everything it can to squeeze this game in.

Keep in mind, teams don’t have to worry about fan safety when making these decisions this year.

Given how compact the schedule is, I think you will see very few PPDs this year, even if it means the teams have to play into the wee hours of the morning.

• hautalak

SD is so much less appealing…

• thedkexperience

@barko15 said...

It seems like FDl has the rule that if yanks/nats gets PPD (at any point) the slate gets cancelled. Can someone confirm this? If so, is the strategy to play it normally bc if it gets PPD the only risk is a pitcher getting pulled early from a rain delay?

If it gets canceled before lock, no slate. If it gets canceled post lock … slate runs. That’s how its been for a long while unless they made an announced change.

• thedkexperience

@Supersharpie said...

Interesting…it is the battle of the weather providers!

Hahaha … I am definitely NOT a meteorologist. Let’s all just pray that Kevin Roth will bless us.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

From what I understand the weather is trending in a positive manner, but far from risk free currently.

• mcgruffthecrimedog

Amazing that stadiums don’t all have roofs now. So absurd to have weather impact games in the year 2020.

• hautalak

@Pandamonious said...

From what I understand the weather is trending in a positive manner, but far from risk free currently.

Not what I wanted to hear Panda!!! Sorry to the Giants stackers out there, they are gonna be a helluva lot more owned now!

• ifthethunder

@mcgruffthecrimedog said...

Amazing that stadiums don’t all have roofs now. So absurd to have weather impact games in the year 2020.

I’d say the same about universal healthcare. We need that money for more wars, yo!

In more pertinent news, are starting lineups going to get posted, or do we have to pray for that too?
    ~

• thedkexperience

@hautalak said...

Not what I wanted to hear Panda!!! Sorry to the Giants stackers out there, they are gonna be a helluva lot more owned now!

I’m taking Cueto tonight. F it. I’m playing to win. Searching less enlightened forums then this one has shown me that every mouth breather in America with a bookie is hammering the Dodgers in an attempt to recoup lost earnings from Covidmania.

• hautalak

@thedkexperience said...

I’m taking Cueto tonight. F it.

My “other” FD lineup will have him.

• thedkexperience

@hautalak said...

My “other” FD lineup will have him.

I know you play hockey a lot. I have to assume there are small NHL slates all the time with one clearly garbage goalie who looks outmatched who then goes out and breaks the slate via an out of nowhere great game. I’m no hockey expert but even the 95 Redwings lost 13 games. No matter how good the Dodgers are it’s highly unlikely they are going to be as good as that Redwings team.

• hautalak

@thedkexperience said...

No matter how good the Dodgers are it’s highly unlikely they are going to be as good as that Redwings team.

Red Wings are my team!!! Too bad they’ve fallen off the Earth the last few years.

I hate the Dodgers so I’m all for a L today and even if they win I’m gonna say it’s not because Cueto. It’s too bad they’re missing some pieces though. I’m in the Rays camp this year!!! So down with the Dodgers. Wonder if Roberts can manage his way out this year again haha

• zeeshan2

no juan soto tonight; tested positive for covid

• mbunner23

Soto tested positive for Covid. Lets see what happens next. Season could end before it starts.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@thedkexperience said...

I’m taking Cueto tonight. F it. I’m playing to win. Searching less enlightened forums then this one has shown me that every mouth breather in America with a bookie is hammering the Dodgers in an attempt to recoup lost earnings from Covidmania.

Weather sets up well too.

Like, would it be shocking in SF at night, if that marine layer is there, that game staying under wraps a bit. Maybe some gappers, but that’s it. 3-2 or 4-2 type final. Then in the heat and storm humidity, we get the ball flying in Washington and get a higher score there? Or even if not higher actual scores, more HR’s for higher fantasy scores?

• Roma315

With top arms going and expensive bats this will be a weird winning LU

• jjwd

@mbunner23 said...

Soto tested positive for Covid. Lets see what happens next. Season could end before it starts.

how so?

• mbunner23

@jjwd said...

how so?

That’s just my opinion and guess, but if Soto had covid, how many other Nats players now have it? How long will they now be out? How many yankees will they give it to?

• jjwd

@mbunner23 said...

That’s just my opinion and guess, but if Soto had covid, how many other Nats players now have it? How long will they now be out? How many yankees will they give it to?

when a guy gets it he’s out for 2 weeks.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).