MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -137 ) at Washington ( 126 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:08 PM EST : SF Giants ( 247 ) at LA Dodgers ( -277 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• thedkexperience

@Pandamonious said...

Weather sets up well too.

Like, would it be shocking in SF at night, if that marine layer is there, that game staying under wraps a bit. Maybe some gappers, but that’s it. 3-2 or 4-2 type final. Then in the heat and storm humidity, we get the ball flying in Washington and get a higher score there? Or even if not higher actual scores, more HR’s for higher fantasy scores?

Exactly. You don’t need to be Dr Strange to see this one happening.

• mbunner23

@jjwd said...

when a guy gets it he’s out for 2 weeks.

He’s been practicing with the team all week.

• thedkexperience

@mbunner23 said...

That’s just my opinion and guess, but if Soto had covid, how many other Nats players now have it? How long will they now be out? How many yankees will they give it to?

They got the 30 man taxi squad. Everyone will be tested today. I’m assuming only Soto tested positive. Tomorrow they’ll test everyone again. If more people test they’ll bring up more young players.

I’d keep a close eye on those minimum priced taxi squad guys each day.

If a whole team catches it they’ll just bring up the whole team and move on.

• jjwd

@mbunner23 said...

He’s been practicing with the team all week.

obviously this whole charade is crazy, given that young athletes are more likely to be struck by lightning than die of corona. But everyone is tested all the time, and presumably if other players were infected we’d know.

• Danielv22

This is so demoralizing that Soto test positive hours before the opening pitch. I can’t imagine how the Nats and other players feel. I love baseball and miss it but it feels exploitative now.

• thenatural91

He was tested two days ago. Just informed this morning.

• mbunner23

@jjwd said...

obviously this whole charade is crazy, given that young athletes are more likely to be struck by lightning than die of corona. But everyone is tested all the time, and presumably if other players were infected we’d know.

I don’t think you understand how testing works.

• jjwd

@mbunner23 said...

I don’t think you understand how testing works.

lol

• wad11

“Rizzo said that Soto was asymptomatic and that no one else on the roster was deemed ineligible following contact tracing.

Soto needs two negative tests before he can return to the field.”

• jjwd

people really thought there would be no positive tests all season…?
    c’mon guys

• barko15

I hope Soto ownership from dummy lineups stays at like 3%+

• thedkexperience

@jjwd said...

c’mon guys

Haha seriously. I’m assuming we get 10+ positives a week.

Hopefully everyone ends up just with some mild cases but it’s pretty unavoidable in baseball without a bubble.

• wad11

@jjwd said...

c’mon guys

Of course not, but the biggest rising star on the defending World Series team… on opening day? It just sucks. Of course there will be positive tests and players will miss time, but this is a kick in the nuts to baseball on opening day.

• thedkexperience

@barko15 said...

I hope Soto ownership from dummy lineups stays at like 3%+

3%? I’ll wager it’s still near 10%.

• stellagirl

@wad11 said...

Of course not, but the biggest rising star on the defending World Series team… on opening day? It just sucks. Of course there will be positive tests and players will miss time, but this is a kick in the nuts to baseball on opening day.

Agreed.

• thedkexperience

DJ LeMahieu is covid cleared for tonight.

• stellagirl

Yankees LU out!

• thedkexperience

Me 4 hours before lock in other seasons.

Me 4 hours before lock this season.

• mbunner23

@thedkexperience said...

Haha seriously. I’m assuming we get 10+ positives a week.

Hopefully everyone ends up just with some mild cases but it’s pretty unavoidable in baseball without a bubble.

Nobody assumed there would be no positive tests. Without a bubble, there’s going to be positives like you mentioned. This thing could wipe out star players for 1/4 of the season or even 1/2 of a team for a good period of time. Just an unfortunate situation we’re in, and it’s hard to tell what lineups will look like come end of season. Will guys stop playing? At this point in the year, just seems like maybe baseball could have waited until 2021.

• jjwd

@mbunner23 said...

Nobody assumed there would be no positive tests. Without a bubble, there’s going to be positives like you mentioned. This thing could wipe out star players for 1/4 of the season or even 1/2 of a team for a good period of time. Just an unfortunate situation we’re in, and it’s hard to tell what lineups will look like come end of season. Will guys stop playing? At this point in the year, just seems like maybe baseball could have waited until 2021.

FAR less deadly than the flu for pro athletes. If you cancel this season, you might as well cancel every season forever… because flu!

• mbunner23

@jjwd said...

FAR less deadly than the flu for pro athletes. If you ca

LOL. That’s not even the argument we’re having. I understand for us 20 some year old’s and most people, it’s not deadly. That’s not the point though…

• thedkexperience

@mbunner23 said...

You’re not wrong. In truth I’m looking at every game we get this year in MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL as a blessing from the gambling gods.

If I was the commissioner of all sports we wouldn’t even be considering a return yet but such is life. I’ll enjoy what we got while we got it.

• Roma315

Yanks LU up

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

I know Soto tested positive, so Covid is going to get brought up and it is impacting tonight’s slate, but let’s just keep it in perspective to this evening, please, before it spirals into a bigger conversation.

Remember, this thread is about TONIGHT’s slate. Let’s not go off the rails.

Thanks.

• jjwd

@mbunner23 said...

LOL. That’s not even the argument we’re having. I understand for us 20 some year old’s and most people, it’s not deadly. That’s not the point though…

I’m opposed to these asinine quarantine rules, which aren’t based on science. If a player tests positive for corona, it should be up to them and the people around them to act accordingly. Don’t visit a nursing home.
    Maybe old baseball managers should stay home. But to think that Soto is putting his teammates’ lives in danger… well, it’s just preposterous.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).