MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -137 ) at Washington ( 126 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:08 PM EST : SF Giants ( 247 ) at LA Dodgers ( -277 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• thedkexperience

@jjwd said...

I’m opposed to these asinine quarantine rules, which aren’t based on science. If a player tests positive for corona, it should be up to them and the people around them to act accordingly. Don’t visit a nursing home.
    Maybe old baseball managers should stay home. But to think that Soto is putting his teammates’ lives in danger… well, it’s just preposterous.

By rule of law you are not allowed to say preposterous without a Stephen A Smith gif tagged to it.

Anyway, to re-rail this … who do you guys think will be the highest owned outfielders today?

• mbunner23

@thedkexperience said...

By rule of law you are not allowed to say preposterous without a Stephen A Smith gif tagged to it.

Anyway, to re-rail this … who do you guys think will be the highest owned outfielders today?

Bellinger and Pollock. I have some Gardner now.

• dominicanpapi

Honestly, we’re gonna get a lot of this throughout the season. These players aren’t in a bubble like the NHL and NBA players are, you have to adjust. The fear I have in all of this is that something like this can easily tank a teams season. IDK how long Soto is suppose to be out, he could be back this weekend but if he has to miss 2 weeks, he’s missing a quarter of your games. Imagine if Stanton, Judge and IDK…Torres all go down the same time and they’re making a playoff push, then what?

BTW, live in the DC area. We got nasty storms last night and we’re suppose to get more of the same in a couple of hours. Local weather guys doubt this game is played but we’ll see.

• JaBr

@jjwd said...

I’m opposed to these asinine quarantine rules, which aren’t based on science. If a player tests positive for corona, it should be up to them and the people around them to act accordingly. Don’t visit a nursing home.
    Maybe old baseball managers should stay home. But to think that Soto is putting his teammates’ lives in danger… well, it’s just preposterous.

What’s asinine in this discussion are your takes in regards to COVID-19 and your claims about it being less harmful than the flu. How is it possible you still believe that?

Anyways… let’s get the rest of these LU’s out already!

• stellagirl

For chits and giggles, I was playing around with some numbers, and lo-and-behold…..

I landed on a lineup that has G. Cole, and the #1 “ISO vs. handedness” player at every position (top 3 outfielders, of course)……. that left $900 on the table.

Dumb way to build a lineup, but the lineup looks great and is pretty contrarian.

• ASalvaro

@JaBr said...

What’s asinine in this discussion are your takes in regards to COVID-19 and your claims about it being less harmful than the flu. How is it possible you still believe that?

Anyways… let’s get the rest of these LU’s out already!

how in the world do you NOT believe it’s less harmful than the flu..my god just turn off CNN will you?? look up World O Meter and you will see it’s not even close to being worse than the regular flu..the media has really done a great job on some of you people i swear

• txdave41

Just curious, with no fans, would games be more likely to play in bad weather this season? I’m sure one big factor in calling off a game is fan safety.

• dominicanpapi

@txdave41 said...

Just curious, with no fans, would games be more likely to play in bad weather this season? I’m sure one big factor in calling off a game is fan safety.

Last thing you want though is a guy tearing his knee on a slippery field.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@txdave41 said...

I don’t think that matters much. If anything they’d be quicker to call off games, because there’s no beer or hot dog sales to exploit.

I think they’ll be less quick to call off games, because the season is short and not a lot of time to make up games. I’m pretty confident they’ll do anything they can to at least get 5 innings tonight to make it official. If they have to stay and play an inning or 2 at a time until 2 in the morning, I think they will. Of course, they could just play 1 and 1/2 or 2 tomorrow, as there’s no gate collection to be effected.

• thedkexperience

@txdave41 said...

While fan safety plays an obvious part I always thought rain delays are more because it’s basically impossible to catch a fly ball staring directly into a rain storm.

• truegrinder

I got a question. So what happens if the game starts and then gets ppd. Is the two game slate finished then? If so does this mean we should be heavy on stacking that LAD/SF game? I’m seeing scattered showers on the radar all over but after 8:00 might be a good break of it? Not sure what to do….

• JaBr

@ASalvaro said...

how in the world do you NOT believe it’s less harmful than the flu..my god just turn off CNN will you?? look up World O Meter and you will see it’s not even close to being worse than the regular flu..the media has really done a great job on some of you people i swear

Is this sarcasm?
    Just look at the death/mortality rate, COVID-19 is far more deadly than the flu.
    Also, keep in mind that these are the numbers we’re seeing in the US while most states and people have at least taken some precaution. People in the US pretty much take no precaution when it comes to the flu – they go to work, shop, etc. while dealing with the flu.

People with COVID-19 have generally been quarantined and states and people are doing what they can (or are willing to do) to try and stop the spread of this virus.
    Some places are doing better than others because of these restrictions – looking at you FL, TX, etc.

This will be my last post on the COVID subject. It is obvious some of us do not see eye-to-eye, and I don’t want anyone (including myself) banned from the forums or anything.

• thedkexperience

@truegrinder said...

I got a question. So what happens if the game starts and then gets ppd. Is the two game slate finished then? If so does this mean we should be heavy on stacking that LAD/SF game? I’m seeing scattered showers on the radar all over but after 8:00 might be a good break of it? Not sure what to do….

If both games start we got an official slate. So if we get, say, 1 inning in DC, it’s washed and then LA/SF goes on as normal we basically have a 1 game slate with a bazillion dead lineups.

Stacking SF/LA is not a bad idea in this scenario.

• thedkexperience

Guys and gals …

There are 11,000,000,000 websites online where you can own the libs or trash the conservatives. We’ve all been warned already. Please keep the covid talk to this slate only.

Pretty sure we’ve all spent the last 4 months deciding on what we personally believe so let’s not turn this into cable news over opinions you won’t get changed no matter how logical or batshit insane you want to get about it.

• BigRay

@Pandamonious said...

Like, would it be shocking in SF at night, if that marine layer is there

Aren’t they playing in LA?

• BigRay

Stevenson anybody? I guess he is replacing Soto

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@BigRay said...

Aren’t they playing in LA?

Correct. My fault. Marine layer is still a thing in LA, technically.

• thedkexperience

@Pandamonious said...

Correct. My fault. Marine layer is still a thing in LA, technically.

I’m worse cause I agreed with you lol

• BigRay

I think you go Kershaw for sure. Seager too. Can’t decide between Cole Or Mad Max.

• tbird05

@BigRay said...

Stevenson anybody? I guess he is replacing Soto

He’s unavailable on the site I’m playing on. FD.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@thedkexperience said...

I’m worse cause I agreed with you lol

Yes. You gave me false confidence in myself that will take seconds, minutes, possibly hours to which I’ll need to recover from. I am devastated.

• stellagirl

This weather issue in WAS is painful, but also potentially a leg up if one can guess it correctly.

I am taking one of three approaches, depending on what the radar looks like 30 min before lock:

1) If weather looks clear, all hitters and pitchers are fair game
    2) Stack just the west coast game if it looks like the NYY/WAS will be completely washed out after lock.
    3) If it looks like the NYY/WAS game will be a start/stop affair all night……… Roster Kershaw and Cueto, avoid both pitchers in WAS and hope they each only get an inning or two then yanked after a rain delay, but load up on WAS and NYY bats.

• truegrinder

@thedkexperience said...

If both games start we got an official slate. So if we get, say, 1 inning in DC, it’s washed and then LA/SF goes on as normal we basically have a 1 game slate with a bazillion dead lineups.

Stacking SF/LA is not a bad idea in this scenario.

Thanks dawg. I’m optimistic of the game getting in somehow. Waiting on those other 3 to produce there lineups

• truegrinder

@stellagirl said...

This weather issue in WAS is painful, but also potentially a leg up if one can guess it correctly.

I am taking one of three approaches, depending on what the radar looks like 30 min before lock:

1) If weather looks clear, all hitters and pitchers are fair game
    2) Stack just the west coast game if it looks like the NYY/WAS will be completely washed out after lock.
    3) If it looks like the NYY/WAS game will be a start/stop affair all night……… Roster Kershaw and Cueto, avoid both pitchers in WAS and hope they each only get an inning or two then yanked after a rain delay, but load up on WAS and NYY bats.

This is a great approach. I will try and do same. When will it lock where you can’t edit it?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.