7:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 172 ) at Cleveland ( -187 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : Miami ( 130 ) at Texas ( -141 ) —- T: 11
    8:08 PM EST : Colorado ( 137 ) at St. Louis ( -149 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 173 ) at Arizona ( -188 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -161 ) at San Diego ( 148 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 213 ) at LA Dodgers ( -233 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : Boston ( 137 ) at Seattle ( -149 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -145 ) at SF Giants ( 134 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• cjs5555

@bluewurm said...

meanwhile, I’ve seen no mention of Paxton on here tonight – WTF! didnt think Boston could K so much!

you knew he had good stuff when Betts K’d to start the game…that dude never K’s

• bluewurm

@yisman said...

watching it live, I thought it was fair

I had to see two slow motion replays from different angles to tell it was foul

just barely missed nicking the pole

the problem with the “live” angle was that the just as the ball reached the pole it was at the same height as some dumb neon sign, so you couldnt tell if it was in front of the poll or behind it

• Thechamp1995

BELLINGER YESSSSS

• bluewurm

Mercer bomb – not the Pirate i was looking for!

• bluewurm

…and Bellinger moves the cash line.

• cjs5555

@bluewurm said...

…and Bellinger moves the cash line.

cost me $10k!!!

• coyotes01

@Thechamp1995 said...

Lmao seagar and Bellinger do absolutely nothing. Typical

Sure about that?

• bluewurm

@cjs5555 said...

cost me $10k!!!

but he wont me the board league contest! $12!

sorry man :(

• cjs5555

@bluewurm said...

congrats! always nice to get that sneaky win from behind!

• yisman

@Thechamp1995 said...

Lmao seagar and Bellinger do absolutely nothing. Typical

I had some of Bellinger tonight but it worked out because I had the most money in play on arcade.

I badly wanted to use Seager and Bellinger (9000 and 9500, respectively, not that expensive for arcade considering they were facing Colon), but I felt I had to use deGrom because all the other pitchers on the late slate were either overpriced (Greinke, Paxton, Rodriguez) or pretty bad (Dickey, Richard, Colon…).

So I paid 22,500 for deGrom (as opposed to 19,500 for Paxton, which was at least 2k too much, IMO) and then didn’t have the salary to use Seager or Bellinger unless I completely punted my last 3 hitters.

As it is, I had to punt my last hitter spot to fit deGrom in. I got 4 decent plays plus Heredia (minimum price).

Seager and Bellinger were arguably the two best bats tonight, facing Colon (if you told me just pick two hitters, ignoring salary, I would’ve taken Bellinger #1 and maybe Seager #2). Just didn’t work out.

• cjs5555

@yisman said...

Seager and Bellinger were arguably the two best bats tonight, facing Colon (if you told me just pick two hitters, ignoring salary, I would’ve taken Bellinger #1 and maybe Seager #2). Just didn’t work out.

i think Stanton was the best bat tonight, but Seager and Bellinger were top 10 also

• murphstahoe

@bluewurm said...

Moved me into 2nd, we sucked tonight. I am winning a double up but am just outside the $ in the $6 big tourney. Unclear as to if Gerritt Cole will move me into the money

• yisman

actually have to correct myself there

Stanton was the #1 pick tonight

in a hitter’s park against a garbage lefty

tough to roster due to his salary, but you could hardly ask for a better spot.

• murphstahoe

How I did not stack against Matt Cain and the blowhards they always use in the bullpen when he starts, I have no idea.

“The Pirates” – have been kicking butt lately.
    ATT Park” – meh

They were expensive but so were some of the other players I used.

• yisman

@cjs5555 said...

i think Stanton was the best bat tonight, but Seager and Bellinger were top 10 also

I realized right after I posted that I forgot about Stanton so I came back to post

Bellinger would’ve been my #2 pick after Stanton

• cjs5555

@murphstahoe said...

How I did not stack against Matt Cain and the blowhards they always use in the bullpen when he starts, I have no idea.

“The Pirates” – have been kicking butt lately.
    “ATT Park” – meh

They were expensive but so were some of the other players I used.

well they just shit the bed 2 of 3 in Coors and they are very right handed, so wasn’t an ideal matchup vs. Cain

• bluewurm

@cjs5555 said...

well they just shit the bed 2 of 3 in Coors and they are very right handed, so wasn’t an ideal matchup vs. Cain

in a 10pm games contest (400 people on DK) the pirates hitters are all 1% to 5 % owned, seems pretty damn light for vs. Matt Cain

• bluewurm

Note to Jansen: Walking a batter on 4 pitches in a 2 run game is not a recipe for success.

• murphstahoe

@cjs5555 said...

The Rockies are in the playoff hunt because they have decent pitching.

Decent pitching in Coors is probably preferable to Matt Cain at ATT these days. He’s just eating innings for Bochy right now

• murphstahoe

looks like I’ll be in the $ in a big GPP for the first time in a while, barring disaster.

Don’t play DFS while you are on vacation, your research will suck and your family doesn’t want to deal with your sweating.

• bluewurm

@murphstahoe said...

looks like I’ll be in the $ in a big GPP for the first time in a while, barring disaster.

Don’t play DFS while you are on vacation, your research will suck and your family doesn’t want to deal with your sweating.

ALWAYS play DFS during a poker tournament though! you’ll be much more level-headed when you can’t wait to fold and check your phone again!

• madmanjayWV

#1 Matt Cain is complete trash —

Back to my first post on this thread —- cheap pitching might be the way to go — if u had the GONADS…friggin TEXAS getting dominated by Adam Conley was priceless….

Guy who won the DK 4-seamer had 9 BOMBS with this LU —

P Eduardo Rodríguez 13.9%
    BOS 0 SEA 4
    Final
    1 HBP, 6 K, 4 ER, 2 BB, 6 HA, 16 O 10.6

P Chris Smith 8.4%
    OAK 2 TOR 4
    Final
    2 K, 3 ER, 3 BB, 6 HA, 18 O 6.1

Salvy p HR 19pts; FAT SATAN 2 hrs 32 pts; J-Hey 14 pts; MOOSETACOS HR 16 pts; Lordy Jordy Mercer HR 26 pts; BELLINGER HR 18 pts; McCtuchen HR/SLAM 20 pts MIKE STANTON double dong 32 pts

• murphstahoe

Mad bum under 10k tomorrow, at home. Wow

• walkoff9

Just at first glance tomorrows slate seems very strange.

almost every pitcher is in that “should pitch fine, but not much upside” spot.

• bluewurm

@murphstahoe said...

Mad bum under 10k tomorrow, at home. Wow

who dares go Bumgarner-Taillon in the quest for a 1-0 game? they arent cheap enough to try that i guess maybe on the late-slate!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.